Author Topic: MA-003 • Scott Henderson Interview  (Read 9510 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
MA-003 • Scott Henderson Interview
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:22:44 pm »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:53:38 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Dutchsky

Re: MA-003 • Scott Henderson Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 02:37:02 pm »
It was a very nice interview, but I wonder who he meant with the mysterious last sentence, where he talks about robot players and schooled guys: "Some of these people are even famous"

Who do you think he meant with that?

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 03:50:49 pm »
"I hope I didn't talk too much"

LOL, famous last words.

Great interview Justin. He seems like a really nice guy. Loved the part talking about loosing the "1".

Also the part about listening to what's happening.

Gone

carlitoisthetruth

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:13:32 pm »
Nice one Justin, I liked that particular video so much that I decided to sign-up to the forums!

I had never heard of Scott Henderson or Tribal Tech, I'm not much of a jazz guy. More rock and metal...

But what a cool guy - if only I would take heed and actually transcribe some stuff myself! I've only been learning for a year, without lessons, so I'm still in the habit of looking up (poor) tab! I'll get lessons when I finish uni. in June.

What I'd like to discuss is who he may have been referncing in the last 30 odd seconds of the clip, when he basically says that loads of people suck after years of playing, even famous players!! I wonder......

By the way - Hi!

Proteus

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:12:41 pm »
Hi guys, I got a couple of questions after watching the interview. First one is in regards to 1 string solo's, will Justin be doing a lesson on this as this is the second time it's been recommended to do. The other time was by Slash saying this is how he first learnt to play. Second is the question of sounding over hitting the right notes. Does this mean just letting your fingers fall on any fret on any string to see what it sounds like ? As this sounds as if it makes learning scales redundant.

Quark

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:04:34 pm »
Justin, great interview. The one string soloing technique sounds like a great way to learn.
Its funny that he mentions a Kent. My future father in law bought a Kent when he was in his teens. He is 58 now, still has the darn thing. It plays like a cheese grater!  :)

W

lightbulbsocket

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 07:13:26 pm »
Great interview!

I really liked a lot of the topics you guys covered.  I'd love to see more interviews like it if the opportunity comes along.  Really informative stuff.  I think I even understand what he meant when talking about crappy, famous guitar players well enough that I could point a couple of them out.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App