Author Topic: ST-619 • Molly's Chamber (The Kings Of Leon)  (Read 7989 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:07:40 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

butterfly

Re: ST-619 • Molly's Chamber (The Kings Of Leon)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 03:10:20 am »
Hi Justin:

Glad to hear about quitting smoking--you'll be glad you did.

No question but feedback on Molly's Chamber and the Fly Away lesson.  The video and sound quality was outstanding.  Not that the other lessons were not -- I take it they were in your home, and this is a studio--it doesn't matter in any event.  I just wanted to let you know the tele, the amp and the sound quality was really great.  Thanks!!

Bfly from NY

adhdband

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 08:43:42 pm »
Very good lesson, but thanks to all of your tips on transcribing and working stuff out by ear, I didn't even need to watch it!  I actually started to jam along with the beginning while you were playing and I figured it out almost instantly.  Keep up the good work Justin.

Mave

Molly's Chamber
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 01:51:41 pm »
Well, I can say this is the first song i really "learn". I can play it well, but i have complications with the solo. I will need a third hand for it, but i never gonna give up=)

Great song , and lesson, by the way=)

Mave

Aluch

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:56 am »
hi ,
I am enjoying learing this song , and wont give up on it, I became a fan of this wicked band, great song really, thanks Justin for another great choice.

My challenge here is:
for the F# , lifting off the index and on again, I do the strumming like suggested but on the and (+) I strum upward, is this correct, or all down stokes?

when I do that it is easy for me, but then to mute the strings, to add dynamics like Justing suggested, it became very difficult, what I am doing wrong or how to improve on this?

Help please, comments, openions, etc...

Offline tupple

• Good Vibes 0
The Solo - bum notes
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 06:57:59 pm »
Hi All,

Great song and a great lesson (thanks Justin!).

So, I took Justin's advice and worked out the solo.  I'm pretty sure it's correct when I compare it to the original.  My problem is with the first few bends and pull-offs on the first and second strings around the 14th and 12th frets.  I keep hitting other strings and it's driving me mad!  Does anyone have any tips on the most effective way to mute the other strings, particularly when bending the second string.  Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.

c0nn311

Re: ST-619 • Molly's Chamber (The Kings Of Leon) ;the sound
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 08:37:52 pm »
how did you get this sound on your guitar? any suggested generic amp and pickup settings please?  ;)

Offline Alonso

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
    • Evolución MA
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 08:53:25 am »
I've a little doubt about this one: In the first part, when I lift my first finger for the F# power chord, should I keep the lower part of my finger touching and muting the first three strings? In the video it seems clear that Justin doesn't do that, but in his lesson about power chords he insists a lot on always muting the first strings, so I'm not sure of what to do here.

Thanks.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 399
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 09:06:21 am »
Alonso, you do not want those 3 thin strings to sound so yes, mute them and  avoid strumming them as best you can. THe first finger lift is just a little lift not a big distance off the low E string so you should not feel the whole length of your finger lift up and away from any other strings.

Offline Alonso

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
    • Evolución MA
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 09:30:54 am »
Thanks!  :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App