Author Topic: Great product but...  (Read 4814 times)

PacificaFrank

Great product but...
« on: March 26, 2009, 07:58:45 pm »
Ok, downloaded this last night and already think I might look at it in years to come as the most fruitful 7 quid I ever spent.

I've played mainly over the G major pop and Am blues tracks, the D major rock one as well. It makes practicing fun, an end in itself, and hopefully I'll be worthy of open mics and stuff sooner rather than later because of the experience of playing over these tracks.

However, I am aware that I may be lacking on the theory side of things. And tracks 14-17 baffle me. What are they? Some kind of Tazmanian trance-inducing devilry? If I play scales over these what happens? Does it 'embed' the relationship between the chord and the notes in my mind?

I'm not criticising here, I just want to know all I need to know to get the most out of this stuff.

Cheers in advance.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Great product but...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:50:10 pm »
the idea is to get used to the sounds of scales.

put on the minor track and then play the dorian, harmonic minor, aeolian or whatever and get the sound into your head.

having a mate to play some backing is best, but for those that don't have access to that then that is the point of these tracks.

i used a similiar thing when I was learning about super-imposing arpeggios too... so they are cool for that.

plus they are used in tasmanian trance inducing trips when licking the backs of toads... ;)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Quark

Re: Great product but...
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:10:14 pm »
plus they are used in tasmanian trance inducing trips when licking the backs of toads...

LOL!  :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App