Author Topic: So you bought it... what do you think...  (Read 25219 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
So you bought it... what do you think...
« on: April 20, 2007, 06:16:51 pm »
Positive and negative views welcomed....

My negatives...

1. The photo on the front looks like I just spent a week in the solarium.

2. The blues are different all over.

3. I spelt my own name wrong on the back!! xx--xx....

:)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Marcopolo2506

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:18:52 pm »
Hi Justin !

Yes I bought it, copied it on my PC just in case my wife steals it for the picture of a nice looking guy... :lol:

Now the serious business :  :oops:  :oops:  :roll:  :roll:
- The audio is very good
- Work on the scales for years to come  :wink:

will tell you more after a few weeks of practice

Take care
Fly as free as a bird

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 331
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:43:48 pm »
3. I spelt my own name wrong on the back!! xx--xx....

LOL, now that is classic!  

You could have kept it to yourself and when people saw it you said you did it on purpose to see if they were really reading it.

practice, practice practice...

I once sent a resume to a potential client with "their" name listed as a client reference. Needless to say, that didn't go to far.

TB
Gone

alaisc

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 06:48:49 pm »
Didn't Kurt Cobain always sign his name Kurdt?

Offline malc

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:27:23 am »
hi justin just got the cd its great plenty of practice material and the picks are a nice touch cheers mate. just ordered the blues cd and will folow up with the dvd when its :D  done

fortuna

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 01:33:25 pm »
I got my CD on Friday, Thanks for the picks Justin I only had one and I was always losing it.

good picture, theres a sort of benevolent, determination on you face if you look closely.

It's funny how tracks that would normilly be anoyingly repetitive can actualy be realy useful, and I realy liked the first one. You should re-work it as a single.

regards

Quark

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:10:06 pm »
Justin, I just received it this morning..par avion :D
It is fantastic!!
I played it all morning and there appears to be a lifetime of fun here. (oh yeah and hard work).  :lol:

Thank you for the picks..and everthing you do for us. It is truly appreciated.

Now...about the solo blues guitar CD. Put me in for a pre-order!!!!

Walt

tbone4321

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 07:00:02 pm »
Hi Justin
I downloaded a few of yer videos from YouTube and they were so good I had
a major guilt attack and ordered your CD. The CD is really good and Iv spent
a few hours practicing on it. Thanks for the plectrums also, a really nice touch,
and the CD was so carefully packaged and all I'm really impressed. I think you
have a really great idea with the website and using the internet to get your stuff
out is just a brilliant application of the technology. Now how can I get back all the
hours I wasted trying to figure out how to play Sweet Home Alabama in 1978....
..unsuccessfully I might add. Well done anyways and keep up the good work.
Sean

jprenst4

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:15:18 am »
Hi Justin,

It's John Rennie, thanks for the prompt delivery (only took 1 day!!), and it's cool that you remembered me as a former student!!

The CD is great, I can thoroughly recommend it (I'm learning loads from the video lessons on YouTube too)...

I'm no longer based in Hanwell, but play regularly at ECC (opp. Northfields tube) on a Sunday. I wouldn't be doing that if it wasn't for the encouragement/self belief you gave me when I was coming for lessons, so I just want to thank you for that. Sunday mornings I can be playing in front of 500-600 people; I remember when I came for my first lessons I could barely play in front of you!!!

Thanks again Justin, keep up the good work!!!!

bluescat

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 10:10:23 pm »
Hi Justin,

sorry, I'm late...
I received your CD on monday, 14.05.2007 - and I have lots of fun with it.
Although I'm playing blues and bluesrock for about 30 years, there's still so much to learn - especially about discipline... :D

I' m very curious about your DVDs, and I really love your lessons on youtoube.

Please keep on playing and teaching - and stay on keepig as much for free as possible.
There are really so many talented players outside without having any money...

Thanks a lot,

bluescat

Cozza

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 01:31:16 pm »
I can't find the link :(

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 02:47:07 pm »
cozza - it's the products section i think...

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Wadders

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 09:58:09 pm »
Had the CD about a fortnight.  I've found it's really helped get me started on some improvisation ideas, but I suspect there is a lot more milage in it yet.  I'd be interested to hear other peoples interpretations of the backing tracks.  I seem to get stuck in the same loop(s), but as I've only just started maybe that will develop.  I like the way the mode tracks are arranged so they all use the same notes, but with a different 'home' note (assuming I've understood how modes work).  That helps me noodle about and try and find the feel of the mode.  Does that mean they all have the same parent scale? (C Major?)  So far I like the Dorian best.  Many thanks.  W.

Cozza

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 10:36:38 pm »
Quote from: "justinguitar"
cozza - it's the products section i think...

J

Thanks Justin I couldn't find the products page. I woke up not focusing properly and jumped straight on here I guess I should have looked harder.
I feel pathetic now  :oops: :)

Cara xx

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 09:21:12 pm »
Hey Wadders

Yeah - all the modes tracks take C major Scale :)

The idea is for people to get used to the sounds of the different modes before they start trying to change them all and getting all complicated with them.

It's a good "taster" for modes - everyone should have a go at it - lots of fun.

Just chuck on the track and play around with C Major and check out how cool you sound :)

J

groovebassgurl

Re: So you bought it... what do you think...
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 07:04:49 am »
Hey Justin,

I love the CD!  It's great.  I have spent hours and hours just jamming along and improvising.  Just awesome.

I also bought your Master the Major Scale DVD and am on lesson 7.  I've been playing along with "Acoustic Pop In G Major" on a daily basis for over a month now.  I've noticed that my improvising is getting less "scaley" and is getting a LOT more melodic.  THANK YOU!

My suggestion is to add a couple more songs in G major to jam along with since that is the main focus of the DVD.  (or maybe add them to the DVD.)  Acoustic Pop in G Major is a cool track but it would be great to have more variety when working with the Major Scale DVD.  I know I could jam with Wish You Were Here or Wonderful Tonight BUT it's not as fun as jamming with YOU!!!!

I've also been having tons of fun with the other tracks especially the funkier stuff.

I CAN'T wait until your Modes DVD is ready! 

Thanks for everything.  YOU are the best teacher ever.  Seriously!

Liz

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:03:01 am »
great idea groovebassgurl... will see what I can knock out!

J

sartrc

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 06:10:25 pm »
I bought the CD - great songs but cannot find the pdf file for the music in print?  Has it disappeared on the new website?

Rob in Oklahoma city

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 05:27:47 pm »
there are no files for this one - it is just to jam too - sorry sartrc

J

royp

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 11:17:54 am »
Wow.  :o   Thanks Justin.

My CD came in the post this morning. Great tool to work with. I thought I would wait a while and give a review of all the tracks, but that would take too long. I just jammed for an hour with the G mixolydian track alone, and I have learned much more than I used to by playing to my own home made backing tracks.

Before I bought the CD I downloaded the two free tracks. The G major pop track I made up a song for that my wife loves to listen to, and she has a good ear. (In fact she has an uncanny natural ability to transcribe any melody line she hears).

The blues track in A has been a big help too.

I have a lot of work to do now I have the CD. I will get back to you with a fuller testimonial later, but for now - I've got to go and jam with my CD.  :D

UPDATE: I love the "Jazzy Swing Blues in C". I find it easier to jam with than the blues in A. I have been playing through the modes tracks, and jamming along. My experience is that the backing tracks make me want to play different notes in each mode. I learned more from getting this feeling for how I needed to play than I learned from pages of theory. The theory is good, but getting the feel of the modes like this is excellent. I still have a lot of work to do, but this CD is making a difference in my playing that I can hear already.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:28:37 pm by royp »

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 05:07:24 pm »
cheers Royp!

J

Hackman

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 09:26:19 pm »
Bought the CD last week.  Was wondering about the time it takes for shipping to US, Washington State.

I can't wait!  I've been using the two free tracks and just had to have the entire CD.  My fingers are sore due to jamming with the tracks so much.  I guess that's a good problem to have.  ;D

Jeff

Update..cd arrived and I'm jamming my little ass off.  Sometimes I get stuck in the same sounding riffs.  I'm guessing that will change the more I listen. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 05:04:12 am by Hackman »

monteverdi9

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 04:12:07 am »
inspiring tracks! lots of fun to be had hear, thanks justin and jedi.

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 02:33:37 am »

3. I spelt my own name wrong on the back!! [censored]....

:)

I think I sort of know you a little.  This one made me laugh my ass off.  Hysterical.

LIcksnkicks
Boss Katana 1X12 100W Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Get The Forum As A Mobile App