Author Topic: Most recent purchase - random / planned / spontaneous / other ...  (Read 715285 times)

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 153
    • Point Fifty
Re: Most recent purchase - random / planned / spontaneous / other ...
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 01:44:29 pm »
lol

Dan happens to be a skilled IT'er but haven't you seen his wide collection of skateboards? (the ones he has and had)
that would make him more of a geek than a nerd and geeks aren't doing so bad with the ladies these days ;)

:D hint: try not to joke about peoples job as you haven't got any either (the fact you're still in school is irrelevant as well now :) )

k on topic: random purchases:
my most recent purchase was a house; so you couldn't call it *random*.
my latest purchase that can be called random is a boss metalzone (MT2?)
it sounds pretty cool combined with some other effects so it wasn't really useless...

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

rich

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 01:54:00 pm »
lol

Dan happens to be a skilled IT'er but haven't you seen his wide collection of skateboards? (the ones he has and had)
that would make him more of a geek than a nerd and geeks aren't doing so bad with the ladies these days ;)

:D hint: try not to joke about peoples job as you haven't got any either (the fact you're still in school is irrelevant as well now :) )

k on topic: random purchases:
my most recent purchase was a house; so you couldn't call it *random*.
my latest purchase that can be called random is a boss metalzone (MT2?)
it sounds pretty cool combined with some other effects so it wasn't really useless...

The MT-2's are beast. I couldn't play without mine. An excellent purchase.

I dunno if I know the difference between a geek and a nerd?(Explanation anyone?)

An IT? They work on computers right?

Lol LeivenDV you have to first have a life before you can have a personal life. I have neither, so I have nothing to loose from this conversation. :P
I kind of have a job. I mean ya know I make decent grades and stay out of trouble, doesn't that kind of count for something? ;) I just wish I could get a raise... :P

Also congrats on the home man, I'd love to see some pics. If it's not digging to much in your personal life. :P

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Is on the Outside, looking in
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:53 pm »
I knew all that off the top of my head.
WE ARE THE FIEND CLUB, NOT YOU !!!  ;D

A Geek = someone who has intimate knowledge of computers, science, music, videogames, movies, Chess, Mathematics, and more such topics *any of the above, sometimes ALL of the above*
Nerd is just derogatory slang for a Geek, although more commonly used for kids in chessclubs with glasses, bad acne and worse looks.

As for my life, i've had the same cosy IT jobs in assembly dept./helpdesk/penetration testing for years now, recently started working in a guitar shop part time because IT business is SLOOOOOOW, and as for girlfriends, i have nothing to complain about   :)
Hell, probably got my first kiss before you where even born  ;D
"You need a little bit of insanity to do great things"
--Henry Rollins

(If you need me for something, PM ME FOR FSM'S SAKE ! I'm not around a lot, and I do NOT have thread notifications on!)

Offline Xaromir

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 22
  • Coolthulhu
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 03:25:26 am »
Congratulations Lieven!
Buying a house is a big step, hope it turns out to be a good one,
wish you all the best for that. :D

Dan:
Skateboard collection? I really was into stuff like that back when i was little,
are there photos?
BTW: I love the new avatar. ;)
Persona non grata.

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
--Henry Rollins

(If you need me for something, PM ME FOR FSM'S SAKE ! I'm not around a lot, and I do NOT have thread notifications on!)

rich

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 12:44:09 pm »
WE ARE THE FIEND CLUB, NOT YOU !!!  ;D

penetration testing

Hell, probably got my first kiss before you where even born  ;D

1)Dude that is really something that you know all the Misfits off the top of your head.

2)I bet you do penetration testing. Way to go man. ;)

3)I wouldn't have mentioned the kiss issue mate, makes you sound up there in your days. ;)

Quark

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 01:30:39 pm »
I was at the Ohio Music Festival couple of weeks ago and bought a used Boss Micro BR DVR for about 1/2 price of what it was new. Had no real desire to own one but for the price I figured I'd go for it. It is quite easy to use and a lot of fun to play around with. Random? Maybe. Impulsive? Definitely! Regrets? None!  :)

W

rich

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 01:34:19 pm »
That sounds awesome.
What's the Ohio Music Festivial like?
Is it more about marketing or about musicians(sponsored or just everymna for himself?) coming out to hang out and mess around playing?

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:53:23 am »
Latest random purchase : bootleg DVD of Oingo Boingo's Farewall concert...
I wish they'd re-release the damn thing already, cause i am NOT paying over $100 for a simple concert dvd, no matter how much i love Boingo (and Danny Elfman).
--Henry Rollins

Quark

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 09:09:35 pm »
What's the Ohio Music Festivial like?
Is it more about marketing or about musicians(sponsored or just everymna for himself?) coming out to hang out and mess around playing?

It is interesting that it has a wide variety of music acts; blues, rock, folk, country, metal, alternative and I think I heard a choir. I forget its actual origin but it showcases Ohio musicians, just a couple of bucks to get in, and loads of ohio vendors selling their wares. No pressure to buy, although the beer lines were very long! Its a lot of fun.

W

rich

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 05:12:12 pm »
Wow that does sound very fun.

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 07:16:39 pm »
Most recent purchases : New thermal compound for my pc (MX-2), the cpu for my latest pc build (Intel Core 2 duo E8400), 2 sheets of griptape and some paint markers.
Time to finish off my new rig, and time for some creative skateboard decorations  ;D

My god, at this rate, i'll be using up my weekend minutes like nobdy's business  :(
--Henry Rollins

Offline Xaromir

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 22
  • Coolthulhu
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 07:46:09 pm »
MX-2?
Ever tried Liquid-Pro?
Link
Persona non grata.

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 08:32:19 pm »
Liquid pro, like arctic silver, conducts electricty.
I prefer MX-2 because it is non-conductive and non capacitive (so IF i where to accidentally spill it on a "live" component, there's no shorts), and it's non curing, non corrosive, and it doesn't "bleed" like other pastes (and liquid pro) do.
And the thermal difference between all these pastes is minimal anyway, and since i'm not an overclocker, i really couldn't care less about a 2°C temp difference.
--Henry Rollins

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 05:05:53 pm »
Latest random purchase : some Bill Hicks dvd's, and an EVGA Geforce GTX 275.
--Henry Rollins

Get The Forum As A Mobile App