Author Topic: Who Are You Going To See In 2018  (Read 5950 times)

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
    • SoundCloud
Re: Who Are You Going To See In 2018
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2018, 03:53:08 am »
Tommy Emmanuel is the greatest living guitarist today, IMHO. Enjoy!

Offline DUrquhart

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2018, 06:27:32 pm »
Rolling Stones - Murrayfield June 18
Roger Waters - Glasgow June 18
Ocean Colour Scene - Glasgow December 18

The Stones was probably the best concert I've been to to date, geat show, I'm more a festival kinda guy than concerts but not as young as i used to be so that will probably change.  Being a big Floyd fan but having never seen them play live the Waters gig was pretty special but a bit political to be expected I supose.

Ocs in December to finish off the year.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2018, 07:04:27 pm »
The Rollin' stones - the only front line band I've seen... ever :( But have to say they were amazing! I went to their Indy 500 track show in Indiana on the 4th of July, 2015 (just came to know this year that they did the same show again, same place same date. Probably a yearly thing now). It ended with fireworks! They may be old but they still know how to entertain! Very special experience.

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 38
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2018, 03:28:53 am »
I just got home from seeing the great Joe Bonamassa. WOW! He is one amazing guitar player. His talent just blew my away. He played for just over 2 hours straight. Fantastic backing band too. If you ever get the chance to see him, I strongly encourage it. You won't be disappointed.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 38
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2018, 12:21:47 pm »
Last night I went to see the legendary Brian Wilson and his band performing Pet Sounds. That album is definitely in my top 5 of all time. Just a genius album IMHO. He tours with a 10 member band including Beach Boy founding member, Al Jardine. Blondie Chaplin is also along on the tour. You may know him from touring with both The Beach Boys and Rolling Stones. What a character he is!

Anyway, Brian really can't sing anymore but he doesn't sing much during the show either. He has some great vocalists to carry that part of the show. But the musicians are really fantastic! Al Jardine can still sing and looks pretty good. Brian has been to hell and back as we know, and it's taken a toll. He requires some assistance walking out to his piano but I'd say he's still passionate about bringing the music to the people. They played about 8 or 9 hits before launching into the entire Pet Sounds album. Then the encore consisted of about 6 songs. About 30 songs in total. A very appreciative crowd gave a rousing standing ovation. I'm glad I went.

Here are some pictures of Brian and Al.

Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Online sairfingers

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
  • 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2018, 10:36:15 am »
Saw The Manfreds (Manfred Mann) with Georgie Fame a few weeks ago. Brilliant musicians played loads of their 60’s hits. A great night.
Don’t laugh - going to see the Osmonds Christmas Rock & Roll Show in a couple of weeks! Cheesy I know but should be good pre Christmas entertainment!
Started BC March 2018.
Martin D28 Reimagined.

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2018, 04:35:19 pm »
Once again I am going to see Steven Wilson in Copenhagen. Thank the luthier February is close.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Online sairfingers

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
  • 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »

Don’t laugh - going to see the Osmonds Christmas Rock & Roll Show in a couple of weeks! Cheesy I know but should be good pre Christmas entertainment!

Yes was a bit cheesy but very entertaining and a good laugh. They are so professional. 60 years in the business they said!
Started BC March 2018.
Martin D28 Reimagined.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App