Author Topic: ST-516 • Peggy Sue (Buddy Holly)  (Read 49271 times)

Offline lastnightilie

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: ST-516 • Peggy Sue (Buddy Holly)
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2014, 02:12:57 am »
I have a kind of off topic question about form. So... when I do fast down strums like this (or most rock type power chord songs, which tend to use fast down strums) my forearm gets very tired very quickly. I feel like I'm strumming properly (I already know about only moving your wrist, not the rest of your arm, and I try to do it all the time), but does that sound like I'm doing it wrong and in what way?

Offline Borodog

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2014, 02:20:29 am »
Tension. Relax. Tension is the muscles on either side of a joint both contracting, fighting each other to keep the joint stable. Instead , relax and accomplish the same thing.Consciously focus on relaxing the tension and being loose. Fight the tendency to tighten up when playing fast; it wilo tighten you up, tire you out, and slow you down.
Insert humorous signature here.

Offline naturalmystic

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2020, 12:01:38 am »
I am trying to play along to the song on youtube but there aren't enough chords written down in the book.

In the beginner's songbook, it's fine up to the 3rd line of the chorus, I play that and then i'm onto the 4th line and there's only one E above that, by the time i'm playing the chords on the last line of the chorus, the 4th line is only just being sung on youtube and i'm way ahead.

Offline naturalmystic

• Good Vibes 0
How do you play the Instrumental?
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2020, 02:11:56 pm »
In the instrumental section on page 44 of the Beginner's Songbook, it says:

| A  |  D  | A  D A | D A D A |

How do you play that? ( The ADA and DADA parts)

Offline jono

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 23
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 02:15:11 pm »
|A DA| with four strums to the bar would be play A on the first beat downstrum, not play anything on the 2nd beat upstrum, play D on the 3rd beat downstrum and A on the 4th beat upstrum

Sent from my SM-A505FN using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App