Author Topic: Flaming Blues Jam!  (Read 6172 times)

Offline asylum

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 11
Re: Flaming Blues Jam!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 06:08:26 pm »
yes 5 minutes id quite long and you find yourself running out of ideas but it builds yuor confidence and every now and then you come up with something and go what was that, thats why i try and record as much as possible so i can go back and see what works and what does not.

DC yeah i also battled with rakes and i dont know how its suppose to be done or if i do them right technicallly, the way i do it is to use my Index finger to mute the strings across a fret where i want to play a note and then i use my middle finger to actually sound only one note, i find it works quiet well with bends. thanks for the encouragement. Oh by the way iam still trying to learn Red House so could still be a while before it goes up  ;D
Fender strat 2008, Ibanez RG 550, Mesa Boogie 22+

Offline asylum

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 06:15:38 pm »
HI

dotny  im using Jamvox for recording and all the effects, the backing track is here

LINK:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isl1Lk_-yw8

Enjoy and please post your jam session would be nice to hear how other guitar players approach the same track. cheers

Offline agordon

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:44 am »
Nice asylum.  I like it alot.  the jamvox sounds good.  Keep them coming.
Guitars: Taylor 314CE, Guild D50 Dreadnought, Alvarez RD8, Gibson LP Std. Trad. Pro, Warmoth Custom Strat, MIA Strat, MIM Tele, PRS SE Singlecut
Amps: Blackstar HT-5S, Peavey Classic VT 2X12, Kustom KMA35DFX
Effects: Line6 JM4, Vox Tonelab ST

Strat0Blues

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 05:12:35 pm »
Absolute spin out!!! This is the exact backing track that I have been practing with :D (and alot). Oh man, I totally have to get some recording equipment or post a video or something. It is so interesting to listen to how someone else uses this track. What guitar and amp are you using? Mine sounds no where near as good as this one. This is really good. Sometimes I find five minutes is a long time to play over a backing track, although once you get into the grove, you can be halfway through a lick only to realise the song is just about to end.

Unreal. The are parts in the backing track that are ideal for some progression build ups running up the scale. I often use to my advantage every time I play lead over this track. I really enjoy the sound of your guitar too, makes mine seem very weak in comparison. This is how this track should sound. I had to download this link as the play button would not work, although it is a recording worth keeping. My style is more towards Albert King. *Still feaking out*
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 05:21:23 pm by Strat0Blues »

Offline asylum

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »
thanks stratoblues, the guitar is a 2008 Fender strat and i recorded and effects are through jamvox, though i find digital quite usefull it does not make up for a good amp. I used the major and minor A pent for this one, the opening bar lick is one i stole from RED HOUSE and just modified it a bit.

Strat0Blues

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 03:34:47 am »
Fender Strat? Yes, that would make sense to why it sounds so good, I have to get me one of those in the future. I like the opening lick, I really noticed this from the recording because you play as soon as the track starts, where as I usually start playing after the backing track begins. An opening lick allows for a real expensive sound. You are using the major and minor pentatonic? Cool, that has given me some ideas already. I have just been using the minor and making some real good use of the dorian notes that I have learnt from this website.

I never heared of Jamvox before, what exactly is it? Is this all you need to record over a backing track?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:36:57 am by Strat0Blues »

jimiclaptoncarl

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 06:06:47 am »
I never heared of Jamvox before, what exactly is it? Is this all you need to record over a backing track?

I think this should answer your question:  :D

http://www.voxamps.com/jamvox/

jimiclaptoncarl

Strat0Blues

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 06:36:31 am »
Thanks for the link, they are unreal. Any idea of how much these cost? I couldn't find a price list.

jimiclaptoncarl

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 10:11:09 pm »
$250 in the U.S.  I don't know about the U.K.

jimiclaptoncarl

grahamzz1

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 11:34:44 pm »

... 'bout £160 squidlies when i looked

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
    • Reliable Web Hosting @ 1&1
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 09:24:25 am »
@Asylum - Nice. Real nice. Made me green with envy heh.

Offline asylum

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 03:12:43 pm »
thanks ragz its not to difficult i stole a lot of licks from other blues songs and just link them and then fill in the rest with A minor and major pent, so theres nothing to fancy it sounds more difficult than it really is so no need to be green its eaily withing your reach. thanks for the nice compliment .

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 428
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 04:01:11 pm »
i stole a lot of licks from other blues songs

naturally
 :)

fill in the rest with A minor and major pent

I haven't even tried major pentatonic ... how are you finding it?
as an alternative or adjunct too minor pentatonic?
do the licks work differently?

Strat0Blues

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 02:17:21 pm »
OK now I remember. It is hard to remember who everyone is with all the avatar/equipment change etc. Back when I was listening to this I still had my Squier. I have not played along to these tracks in a while because I really need to start transcribing some licks to ensure a greater lick library. I have improved allot since then but I believe this would still sound better than anything I could produce although my style is a little different. Good work here.

BTW have you got any other posts like this? I checked the three out from the JamVox thread.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 02:21:32 pm by Strat0Blues »

Get The Forum As A Mobile App