Author Topic: I can now play Sweet child of mine - the whole song! Have a look.Thanks justin!!  (Read 6343 times)

pudlump

its been just over one year playing guitar and i've had no teaching apart from justinguitar.com

HERES MY

pudlump

woops accedently posted to early - heres my vid http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ybha2Gt1yZQ&feature=channel_page

thanks justin for your help

brizoke

wow. Very good. How old are You? How long have you been playing?

Offline rcwalsh

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 0
After just one year I would say that was pretty amazing. :o
Want to test your musical coordination?
1) use one foot to stomp quarter-notes in 4/4 time.
2) use the other foot to stomp half-notes (either 1/3 or 2/4).
3) use one hand to tap 8th-notes.
4) the other hand does triplets, while maintaining the other 3

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
That's one of my favourite tunes that mate; I could be perhaps a little critical, but something tells me that you'd already know the points I'd make. So I'll just say this: You've got a gem there mate........... Now all you have to do is polish it 'til it gleams :)

jimiclaptoncarl

Nice vid.  :)

Awesome Guitar. What is it?

Gibson Custom?

jimiclaptoncarl

FoxNtd

I must say I enjoyed watching that. ;D

Please do post more lovely little covers such as this!

Offline bluepingu34

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
 :o :o :o
That was AMAZING!!! I can't play it that well and I've been playing 5 years ;D
What amp/effects were you using?

A

Offline bluepingu34

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Oh, and where did you learn the 3rd solo from?

Offline DeadlyChicken

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 22
thats a pretty good cover, a few spots if I want to be critical, where the bends didnt quite make it, but only here and there, overall awesome, especially for just a year playing, have you practiced anything else ?? :P hehe

Tone was pretty good too and I will be having a close look at that end solo you do to leach a few licks from it to be sure ;)

thumbs up :)
Gear:~
Electric
Epiphone Les Paul Std, Fender MIM Strat, Gherson SG copy
Amps
Roland Cube 30X, V Amp pro, Marshall DSL401
Acoustic
Ashton SL29CEQ, Fender Malibu SCE
FX
TU-2, crybaby JH-1b, DS-2, EH Stereo Memory Man w Hazarai

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 153
    • Point Fifty
1y of playing and only some few spots with bends soundign a bit off in this song; this is quite an achievement.

The rest will agree: we want to see more from you in the future!

keep up the very good work!
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

pudlump

thanks everyone- i have played almost every day for the past year- i am addicted!! For the person who wants to learn the third solo this guy helped me a lot http://uk.youtube.com/user/dudt?blend=1 -

For amp and effects- i don't know exactly what i used, ive got a line 6 spider and cry baby 535q - i just experimented wih the knobs until i found something i liked

i'm gonna keep practicing and maybe try some joe satriani songs soon - bit too busy revising for my A levels at the moment!

Offline bluepingu34

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
For amp and effects- i don't know exactly what i used, ive got a line 6 spider and cry baby 535q - i just experimented wih the knobs until i found something i liked

What amp sim did you use? Crunch, clean or Insane?

pudlump

What amp sim did you use? Crunch, clean or Insane?
]

it was on insane but with the gain turned down a bit- now i've realised it sounds more like the record, and you can hear the wah better,  if you have the gain turned down quite far  -you need to experiment yourself, see what sound good to you

kerina185

Wow!!
That is brilliant.  Wish I could do that.  :(  Have just got electric guitar for xmas.  Have not touched a guitar since my acoustic in the 70's.  Yes I am an old rocker at heart  :)  Just found Justins page last week and cant keep off it.  I remember a few chords and thats about it LOL.

Got VERY sore finger tips at the moment, so giving them a bit of a rest while I have a look round.

GOOD LUCK

Get The Forum As A Mobile App