Author Topic: Centralizing Knowledge  (Read 3236 times)

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 154
    • Point Fifty
Centralizing Knowledge
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:06:50 am »
A lot of very useful HINTS, TRICKS and PHILOSOPHIES pass around here on this forum

in short:

Should I make a knowledge base, based on the real good info here on the forum, so that it can be a categorized resource of (verified )information and it can be integrated in Justins Site?

Long story:

I was thinking to perhaps (when my other web project is finished, deadline april 1th (no joke)) I could start to collect information of the forum in replies, relevant links etc; combine the information and experiences in a "common conciousness" yeah the CC sounds cool
This so Justin can integrate it in his site and offer an ordered and categorized "Guitar Knowledge Base"
that knowledge base could deliver bonus content for his DVD's etc :D

A forum is GREAT to discuss different issues, but an categorized knowledge base offers instant knowledge goodie!
searching a forum often delivers a lot of topics and off topic stuff

example; under the main category: "Equipment" we have a subcategory called "guitar tech"
under that category we have schemes, list of suppliers with links, stories with pictures, relevant remarks of users..
we can even divide further with a kind of tagging... if an 'article' had anything to do with "altering bridge"; the tags 'claw', 'spring' 'bridge' etc can be applied for easy searching

BTW Justin, I took a look on your page about "other ways to contribute" ...  You want to see some programming on your site...
can you check if your webspace supports ASP ? (no asp.net, that's similar but not the same)  if it does, I can help!
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 154
    • Point Fifty
Centralizing Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:35:56 am »
not much respons till now

even though; I already started to combine this project with my personal study of guitar/music  theory/prectical stuff atm

If anybody gets any idea's or wants to cooperate; let me know here.

now i'm combining everything I find here about "scales for beginners" in one article

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
Centralizing Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:52:15 pm »
I think it's a great idea...

sorry for getting here so late - but there are so many posts now that I can't keep up :(

but I'm trying...

drop me an email and suggest a way of doing it.

Maybe a specific forum area? or you think build it into the web site... quite possible I think...

lets play with the idea and see how it forms... more input needed.

Cheers

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 154
    • Point Fifty
Centralizing Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:08:49 pm »
much posts indd   :)

I'll post some info later this week; just bought a harmonica and I'm matching notes on my guitar etc :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App