Author Topic: TB-019 • How To Get A Pick Out An Acoustic Guitar  (Read 20137 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
TB-019 • How To Get A Pick Out An Acoustic Guitar
« on: November 20, 2008, 05:15:38 pm »
Questions...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:29:45 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Wink

• Good Vibes 1
Re: TB-019 • How To Get A Pick Out An Acoustic Guitar
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:29:45 pm »
Justin, watched this one by accident while looking at the beginners lessons for a friend who asked if they would benefit from them. I have a question? How do you get a Budgie out of your acoustic guitar sound hole? Yes, I do mean the little Aussie parakeet. I had one that loved landing on the sound hole while I was playing and before I could grab her, she'd squeeze under the strings and into the guitar. First time it happened I panicked wondering how I was ever going to get her out. Turns out you can't get one out, until it wants to come out. A treat is just was is needed to get that job done. I don't think a pencil with glue tack would have worked and shaking wasn't an option really. I suppose I could have taken the strings off, but she came out on her own after a little hard strumming. After that if she went in, it was up to her to come out.

Catherine F.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 06:35:59 pm »
hii! well i happen to know another method to get the pick out. i dont know how to play guitar yet but i know how to get a pick out :P ok so its almost the same as justin's but without the blue glue thing. so if u dont have that u can do this:
1. we place the pick so that we can see it through the sound hole.
2. we take a pencil and we press it on the pick.
3. without stopping to press on the pick with the pencil, we turn the guitar over
4. then we remove the pencil and the pick should fall through the strings or on the strings
5. if it falls on the strings well u just take it
 and voila! u have ur pick back :D

Offline Mannyboy

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
  • GuitarMann
Re: Link - TB-019 • How To Get A Pick Out An Acoustic Guitar
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:40:17 pm »
Questions...
Hey Justin!  Have you ever tried the "John Belushi Method" for solving all guitar problems - including a pick in an acoustic?  See the link below.  It's a scene from a movie from my college years in the late 1980s called Animal House.  One of the university fraternities is giving a wild toga party.  An our hero approaches a d_che bag playing a folk song.  Guaranteed to solve all guitar problems large or small.

[url]http://www.mefeedia.com/movie/10876010/url]

Offline Tomen8r

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 01:31:39 am »
Thanks for posting this. Cant believe this topic was addressed!!  Cool.

The first time I dropped a pick inside, I flipped it upside down and a bunch of sawdust came out, in my eyes. And the pick was still in there. Only dropped another 20 in there since, but have become an expert on getting them out. I now use duct tape to keep the pic between my fingers. With superglue. And nails ... ;-)

Offline skydog

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 03:02:15 am »
Put your guitar in the dryer, that's where I find my picks.

Offline Mighi Tarra

• Good Vibes 1
  • Never too old to start ... but feeling clumsy!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 12:15:12 am »
Hahaha ;D ;D ;D
Funniest video so far!
I had just dropped my first pick-in-the hole in the morning, and I found this now.
All three methods are great ... if they work.

One of the thing I like best about Justin teaching style is that he seems to have lots of fun doing it.
This is a master example.

May the sound be with you!
Tanglewood TW28 CSN, Squier Affinity Strat HSS, Fender Champion 20, Epiphone Les Paul Express ... so far.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App