Author Topic: Some fast playing (1st video ;P )  (Read 6405 times)

Vamp381

Some fast playing (1st video ;P )
« on: November 06, 2008, 11:45:29 pm »
Here i`am playing guitar (heh not improvising)
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nqbhuw&s=4
(If u goth the problems with video "video not found" Just press the play button i will work)
I playing guitar for 1 year. I learned everything on this site (Thank you Justin)
(I will put some solo covers on youtube ,, this is just a test video heh)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:47:12 pm by Vamp381 »

EVH Fan

Re: Some fast playing (1st video ;P )
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:36:39 am »
Me I don't find legato very impressive I mean it's cool but it's just not all that great.

But still in one year that's pretty good.

BrianInTune

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 03:41:42 am »
that's some fast ass shredding.. I can't even play past 2 notes on 160bpm.

Vamp381

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 06:47:34 pm »
(-; That is 60% of my speed ( i was tired when recorded )
Tnx for comments (-;

joe-90

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:22:37 pm »
I'd like to say it was awesome but the only word that comes to mind is awful.
Sorry.

Offline Leeskiii

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 1
    • Cellar Doors
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:43:48 pm »
Can you tell me what key or scale you a in/using?

its good but not creative. just fast picking.
Musician/Songwriter of Cellar Doors

EVH Fan

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 10:08:15 pm »
Can you tell me what key or scale you a in/using?

its good but not creative. just fast picking.

I'm pretty sure its legato and not fast picking.

xXForget itXx

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 10:19:06 pm »
Really fast, I'm not even close to that speed (not that I want to, not my style) but not THAT melodic  ;)

Vamp381

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 10:40:37 pm »
Its just random playing and it does sound awful on some way (bad sound quality and some people prefer slow)

I use legato and fast picking (mix) 2 notes picking one legato etc.
Some string skipping on middle .
And on the end some sweep picking.

I use mostly in my playing use Ionian,Aeonian,C major,harmonic minor scale (and much more)  and big stretches (12 - 15 - 19) etc.

;p I develop picking speed through black metal songs.

EVH Fan

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 11:02:32 pm »
Amazing how people can listen to black metal, speed metal, death metal, hair metal.....  ??? so confusing why can't there just be one called Metal no other word in it just Metal.

Next time try and clean it up a bit and have a little better sound quality. It sounded sort of dead to me.

I mean overall good but I am into Rock from the 60s-80s so I'm not really into that sort of stuff I like more melodic stuff. But speed is cool I think we all try and get as fast as possible no matter what we like and hate.

Vamp381

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 11:11:20 pm »
Yeah to many metal genres lol,every day you can here new type :o

I recorded with mobile heh and sound is very very bad.

I mostly play virtuoso type rock/metal (simpled music ways lol ).
And i enjoy to play fast (-;

Dave T Rave

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 12:11:27 pm »
Hi
I "Enjoy to play fast" sometimes too, but when I do it's generally a bit easier to listen too than that.

speed without melody or just musicality is guitar masturbation. what your trying to say is look how good I am, but what our ears are telling us is a different story.

I like a bit of metal as much as the next man, I do tend to lean towards good 'ole rock though but that does'nt mean i cant appreciate anything from a different genre.

and that comment about you being tired and can actually play faster, Ha what a joke.

I commented on a guy who's been playing a week earlier and i would rather listen to his solo again that yours.

technically pretty good but musicianship wise Awful.

you need to learn there's more to guitar than speed.

Peace

Vamp381

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 06:09:35 pm »
This is just techical demonstration (no melody,don`t want to sound good) and it sound awful though mobile camera (you can`t hear melody even if it played "sound")
I respect old rock,,,but just i like more to play Steve vai - for the love of god or Ygnwie - far beyond the sun or some Andreas Oberg song than any Zeppelin song.
Some people mean playing Blues or some slow solos is only music with feeling ? And for them Fast playing = no feeling not in my case.
I put same feeling playing Gary Moore - Still goth the blues or the Looner and same with Michael Angelo - No boundaries song.

This video = only demonstration of techical side of playing.

Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability. (Quoted from another forum)

Offline mike42

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 07:44:10 pm »
Im gonna have to agree with everyone else here. The technical part doesn't really matter if it doesn't sound good. Metal isn't really my thing but I can appreciate it if there's some musical value. Unfortunately it's usually just someone trying to play as fast as they can, and sounding terrible in the process.

You say you enjoy listening to these guitar gods over some slower stuff, but i suggest you go listen to For The Love of God (probably my favorite Vai tune btw ;)) and compare it to your playing.. He plays with a ton of feeling, which is something your piece greatly lacks.

I respect your technical skill but feel that you need to know how to incorporate it into your music, because technical skill with no feeling isn't going to get you anywhere.

But thats just my opinion, and some constructive criticism. Please don't take it personally as it wasn't meant that way.

Vamp381

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 08:10:16 pm »
Video is just demonstration of speed/technical playing ,, not improvising ( i will post one video improvising)
Thank you for your constructive criticism ((-; (Btw my favorite song to play is For the love of god )
Yes most important thing on guitar is to express yourself.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App