Author Topic: Why???  (Read 1474 times)

sad-fingers

Why???
« on: July 27, 2008, 10:22:36 am »
Ok i've been a member on a number of chat forums and every time I have closed my account. It may be the way I come across or I just don't hit it of with certain types of individuals ( personalities. )

I think that Justin's site has to be the best free resource on the web that is not to say he is the best guitarist I have seen ( sorry J  ;D) But his energy, drive, commitment and ability to teach beginners who would normally be pushed to the side by other instructors. is commendable.

So I don't want to have a situation where I feel compelled to go elsewhere.

I have this uncanny ability to rub certain personalities up the wrong way but I am working on my approach ;D......

So the question is,I want to use the resources of this forum to it's fullest potential which means sharing stories and general chat with other members, but I am a little dubious about coming to this area of the forum due to my past record.

Why should I take that risk?

Convince me as to why this area will be valuable to me..

Cheers 

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • Time exists in abundance until it runs out
Re: Why???
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:39:24 pm »
Why should I take that risk?
What risk? that some people won't like you? so what? as long as you aren't openly offensive to others you have as much right to state your opinion as others.
If by your past record you are refering to the whole marketplace thing your main irritanting qualities seemed to be continually posting the same argument and arguing with the mods, just keep a weather eye on those tendencies before you press post and you should do fine. At any rate what's past is prologue, Move on, Participate....

Convince me as to why this area will be valuable to me..
[JFK]Ask not what your forum can do for you... Ask what you can do for your forum[/JFK]
       Road Case        Singing Primer guide

DaSilvaRenegade

Re: Why???
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:13:25 am »
I dont think u need to be convinced u just need to be welcomed. Welcome to justinguitar.com forum. there are alot of ppl hear that will gladly answer ur questions and respond to ur comments with their opinions. dont worry about the other forums u've been on the ppl there prolly just couldn't handle wat u were saying. like tourniquet said just think about wat u post beforehand and everybody here will be cool with u.

Duo

Get The Forum As A Mobile App