Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 454133 times)

Offline olicam38

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #2025 on: October 09, 2019, 01:21:03 pm »
Hello
I'm Guitarist. I play in a group .... I have participated to Rockin1000
I have some guitars : Lespaul STudio, Fender, Ibannez SG505 and an Epiphone FT150 (Acoustic)
I have a TONELAB EX pluggued on a Line6 spiderjam amplifier.
I would like to edit preset uand user patch from the tonelab, but the interface (USB midi) doesn't work :
Error message "Target not founded" ....
Is there a sspécific procdure to install LIBRARAIN and driver on windows 7 ?
I have tried many versions of drivers ....
Is ther another way to edit the patch ? as the freeware STLAB ?
Thanks

Offline lil chris

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2026 on: October 11, 2019, 12:53:26 am »
Hi there, this my second go at learning guitar, at my age its good to keep the little grey cells active,(I am 71).  My son who plays guitar already bought me your song book for my last birthday so here we go again. I have had my Ibanez acoustic guitar into a shop and had it setup, which has made it a  lot easier to play. I have also bought a s/h electric guitar which has the advantage of having a low action and I can practice anytime. I still have a Marshall MG15 amp which is ok and will do for now, I would like one with a effects loop so I can get a looper pedal.
 I also play keyboards and I can read music to a reasonable degree. I have a Roland FP30 electric Piano, which is good plus a Yamaha PSR arranger. I love your song book I am still on stage two but I am remembering some of the chords I used to play. I have just ordered a Korg metronome similar to the one on your Youtube blog, that should help with my practice routine. So thanks Justin for the free lessons, I have my book and I bought a T shirt off you to show my support.

Offline BloodyCactus

• Good Vibes 0
    • Kråketær
« Reply #2027 on: October 12, 2019, 03:25:09 am »
Hey, I'm Stu, Aussie living in the USA. I'm the most musically dyslexic person in my family, and I'm an old fart (45). I couldnt keep beat with a metronome last time I tried anything music. (15 years ago)

Lets see how it goes this time!  First time with a guitar (Gretsch G5420T)

Offline rosstucker

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2028 on: October 21, 2019, 01:31:05 am »
Hello and thank you Justin!

Offline Thirdtimelucky

• Good Vibes 1
  • Beginner starting out again
« Reply #2029 on: October 28, 2019, 07:20:09 pm »
Nickname: Thirdtimelucky
Real (full) name: Mark Griffiths
Age and birthday: 51 (Nov. 19)
Habitat: Calgary, Canada

Which guitar(s) do you own? Yamaha FG720S; Taylor GS-Mini; Serenader (1930s Parlour Guitar)

Which guitar do you currently play on? Yamaha

Which amp(s) do you own? None. My daughter has a Fender Mustang II

How long have you been playing guitar? About 1 1/2 years this time. I gave up twice before, hence the nickname.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Mainly alt rock & blues, some jazz, pop & electronica, African, Brazilian, French pop & rap

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Traditional, rock, blues, bluegrass

Who are your favorite bands? Radiohead, Alt+J, Pink Floyd, The Smiths, Mazzy Star, Beatles, Nirvana, Coldplay, Joy Division, Velvet Underground, MGMT, Flaming lips ...

What inspired you to start playing guitar? First it was because it seemed cool and was probably easy ;) Then after failing twice it was because of my daughter. She lives and breathes music and inspired me to give it another try. Being cool is a bad reason to learn, having someone to play with - priceless!!

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? Nope

Why do you play guitar? It's a social instrument, portable, casual, versatile,

What are your goals for the future? Keep strumming and learning and see where it goes

Who are your favourite guitarists?Johnny Marr, Bob Marley, Justin Sandercoe (seriously!), Jimi Hendrix, Mark Knopfler, David Gilmour, Tash Sultana, Estas Tonne, Djelimady Tounkara

Offline Smurf

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2030 on: November 05, 2019, 01:28:47 pm »
Nickname: Smurf
Real (full) name: Andrei
Age and birthday: 34 ( 25/08/1985 )
Habitat: Romanian living in Melbourne

Which guitar(s) do you own?
Squier Telecaster, Ibanez GIO (technically my partner's), Jackson SLATXMGQ3-6, Yamaha FG80

Which guitar do you currently play on?
All of them with the exception of the Squier which is about 16.000 kilometers away from me

Which amp(s) do you own?
Tiny Ibanez practice amp (again, my partner's), Orange Micro Dark with 8" cab

For how long have you been playing guitar?
Started around 2006 or 2007 but ended up quitting before that 6 months mark that Justin mentioned in one of his videos (due to my Metallica attempts failing in an absolutely miserable manner and deciding I'm simply not made for this). FFW 'till around April '18 when I casually asked my missus for the guitar she hasn't used in years and I've been playing since then, with some unfortunate breaks.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?
Mainly rock and metal but really, if it has guitar parts, I'll probably give it a go!

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?
Not playing much music. I've learn bits of some metal and rock songs but I'm really keen on developing technique before music.

Who are your favorite bands?
Alice in Chains, Metallica, Pantera and oh so many others

What inspired you to start playing guitar?
Dimebag! Something about the ease with which he played those typical Pantera riffs. Then I slowly but surely gained more and more respect for Alice In Chain's Jerry Cantrell (and the band itself which is why it's my favourite) and his music writing...I understand he's been named Riff Master by people in the industry.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?
No and not really planning to but one can never know...

Why do you play guitar?
For myself really. I just love the passionate sounds that one can make with just 6 strings and some pieces of wood (at a very basic level)

What are your goals for the future?
Understand WHY some notes/riffs/licks are played and not just HOW to play them. Also, being able to eventually play my favourite songs and maybe brag about it!

Offline Newfibell

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2031 on: November 07, 2019, 06:48:15 pm »
Hi Everyone, Am LOVING having nearly completed Justin's fantastic Beginners Course up to Intermediate and cruising along (have music background just not on guitar!) BUT Oh my goodness! I am finding the sites on JustinGuitar all sooooo complicated.  I've had to register separately for the lessons, shop, forum (is that normal??) and have NO idea how to post in the Community!  In fact I have NO idea what I just did to be able to write something here!

Is there an easy way to find things and navigate around the various modules of JustinGuitar? Pretty Please!

OK yes, I'm new here and not the most tech savvy when things get confusing!
Need some friendly helpful advice... I tried 'search' and 'help' but none the wiser in being able to find answers to questions.

For starters, I would love a list of lots of different chord progressions to practice changing chords smoothly... that's simple isn't it? Haha!  I could make them up but not sure what 'order' is best for technique lol!  thank you all... from rural southern Italy!

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
« Reply #2032 on: November 07, 2019, 08:32:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum Newfibell
Because the forum is so old and the website was updated earlier this year
they aren't compatible anymore. This is why you have to sign up for both.
You can use the same user name and password for both.

Searching the site. You and use the site map or search bar.
If you know the lesson or song the search bar is quickest. If you are not sure
what you're looking for the site map is more helpful.

Posting on the forum
In the lessons part of the forum you click the reply button under the last replay.
If the thead hasn't been used in along time a you'll get a warning about the topic
being old, just ignore it and type you question in the box and hit post.

If you want to start a new post in any other part of the forum click new topic and
Fill in the box with what on your mind.

For practicing chord progression there are over 500 song lessons on the website
Song are the best chord progression to practice.

Offline AnnieWilkes

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2033 on: November 08, 2019, 10:32:57 am »
Greetings from Belgium!
I have finally decided to learn to play and after doing a LOT of online investigating I decided that Justin's course might well be the best there is to find!
I own an acoustic guitar, a Fender DG-16. Nothing too fancy, but I guess a nice one to start with! I have been playing for 2 months, progress is slow but existing. And calluses HAVE formed (thank heavens)!
I hope to get more structure in my learning process with Justin.
Musical taste: hard rock, old school heavy metal, industrial and black metal, neo-folk. By this you might guess rightly that I plan to switch to electric in the future.  ;D
So hi everyone, I'm excited to be here!
p.s. no worries, I'm not the REAL Annie Wilkes. Just a faithful Stephen King fan since I was 12.   ;)

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 442
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #2034 on: November 08, 2019, 10:54:57 am »

Is there an easy way to find things and navigate around the various modules of JustinGuitar? Pretty Please!

Here you go:

https://www.justinguitar.com/site-map-and-lesson-structure

Offline LArchCS

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2035 on: November 12, 2019, 08:27:41 am »
Hello, my name is Fan, currently living in California Bay Area. I am 32, played Saxophone when I was young. Playing guitar has been my dream for a long time. Last week I finally encouraged myself to buy a guitar from local Guitar Center store. However, a lot of the encouragement was from justinguitar.com. When I found this website, browsed its contents, I know it is the time I should seriously start learning guitar.

Offline boognish1972

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2036 on: November 12, 2019, 06:29:44 pm »
Hi, my name is Ken and I live in Idaho, USA.

I'm really excited to start this course, but a little confused about how to navigate the website. Under the "Dashboard" it says:

"Learning Journey is where you'll view lessons that you have "Saved For Later", which are in "In Progress" and which are "Completed". For lessons, it should help you follow your path and where you're at (the buttons are under the video, or under title if there's no video)."

I can't seem to find the "Learning Journey" link anywhere. If anyone has any insight regarding the best way to keep track of progress as one goes through this course, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
« Reply #2037 on: November 12, 2019, 06:49:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum.
Click on View Dashboard or the Justin Guirat logo. This will bring up your dashboard.

Offline Fresher

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #2038 on: November 12, 2019, 08:12:33 pm »
Dashboard?
Stage 4 in progress...

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
« Reply #2039 on: November 12, 2019, 09:24:15 pm »
Dashboard?

Have you signed up for an account on the main site?
If so follow my instructions above to find the dash board.
If not sign up for an account it's free and log in.
Once your on your dash board you'll find your Learning Journey, Songbook among
other thing that you've save while going though the lessons and so gs on the site.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App