Author Topic: Introduce yourself ...  (Read 573690 times)

Offline BrianK

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Introduce yourself ...
« Reply #450 on: August 18, 2018, 12:25:13 am »
Hello 👋 I just joined and thought to take a moment to say hello and introduced myself

Nickname: None

Real (full) name: Brian

Age and birthday: 50

Habitat: Home with my lovely wife and 4 kids (well two are in college now)

Which guitar(s) do you own? Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Which guitar do you currently play on? Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Which amp(s) do you own? Marshall DSL 40c

How long have you been playing guitar? 2 1/2 years

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Blues, Blues Rock, Classic Rock

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Blues and Classic rock

Who are your favorite bands? Led Zeppelin, B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Joe Bonamassa, Gary Moore, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Eagles, soo many

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Well I’ll try to keep this short, when I was 13 I snuck into my sisters record collection. I came across the wild album cover and gave it a listen, though the Headphones came this amazing riff and Mr Page had me hooked! The ocean was the song that made want to play and wa s the very first song I learned on the guitar as a matter of fact. So why so long ? Well frankly we were poor it was just my dad raising us, I worked 3 jobs to get though college where I met my lovely wife of 27 years. Then the girls came and along with them came ballet, tap jazz then piano lessons, viola lessons, cello lessons, and one daughter was in the ringling jr orchestra the other jazz band as well as jazz piano and the youngest was cello and orchestra. Soooo they took priority!  and then my I had a wake up call father was diagnosed with lung cancer we talked endlessly the last  few months of his life about bucket lists and things we should have done and didn’t and the importance of not leaving things undone. He passed July 2015. Around December thinking about my own life it just hit me my whole life I wanted to play the guitar I always talked about, thought it would be so cool to play my favorite songs. So I talked to my wife who said “mmm well ok I guess” and a quick phone call to Sweetwater and around January of 2016 I started this wonderful journey! If you read all that your awesome👍😆

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? Nope not as of yet maybe one day

Why do you play guitar? The pure love of the instrument! I just love the sound, the tone, the emotions you can create

What are your goals for the future? Well I would love to be good enough to play in a band. I don’t. Care about success or any of that I just want to play the music I love!

Offline JimQPublic

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »
Nickname: Jim
Real (full) name: James
Age and birthday: 53
Habitat: Los Angeles, California, USA

Which guitar(s) do you own?

Breedlove Discovery Dreadnaught
Fender Parlor CP-60S

Which guitar do you currently play on?
Both but mostly the Fender.

For how long have you been playing guitar?
3 months, since May 2018

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?
A big variety: Folk, classic rock, some country, some bluegrass, jazz, blues, R&B...

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?
Horrible noise so far.  Aiming for Tommy Emmanuel inspired fingerstyle.

Who are your favorite bands?
My kids' marching band and son's jazz band  I really like the unplugged work by some of the rock legends- Knopfler, Clapton, etc. 

What inspired you to start playing guitar?
My daughter plays tuba and son plays trombone in school bands.  I also go to a music festival 2x per year with lots of musicians.  All this exposure to music an musicians I feel like an illiterate- I want to understand more of how music is made.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?
No.  I would be banned from any band!  I don't see myself playing in a band and I don't sing, which is a large part of the reason that my goal is to develop travis-style skills.  It seems conducive to solo play.

Why do you play guitar?
To experience on the inside what I've been an onlooker.

What are your goals for the future?
Play well enough that people come into the room when I'm playing instead of them running away with fingers in ears
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:38:35 am by JimQPublic »

Offline Chrissyboy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #452 on: August 20, 2018, 12:39:46 pm »
Nickname: Chrissyboy
Real (full) name: Chris
Age and birthday: 47 (England)

Epiphone G 400 Pro

Same

Which amp(s) do you own?
Fender Mustang I

Since January 2018

All different kinds of Rock mainly

Rock

GnR, Sabbath, Zep, Greta Van Fleet

Always loved the sound of the instrument and always wanted to play

Nope, not sure I ever will either, just want to be able to play for me

Why do you play guitar?
Love it and it also disconnects me from the world and all the negative xx--xx

To be the best player I can be, to be able to listen to a song and be able to play it.

Offline Hawgee

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2018, 10:42:45 am »
Nickname: Hawgee
Real (full) name: Mariet
Age and birthday: 32
Habitat: the Netherlands

Which guitar(s) do you own? Fender Stratocater and Fender CC-60

Which guitar do you currently play on? Stratocaster

Which amp(s) do you own? Fender Champion 40

How long have you been playing guitar? Almost a year

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? A lot

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Rock

Who are your favorite bands? U2, Mumford & sons

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? No

Why do you play guitar? I wanted to challenge myself and learn to play my favorite instrument

What are your goals for the future? Continue to have fun and learn more

Offline dberry

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2018, 03:55:17 pm »

Nickname: dberry
Real (full) name: Dustin Berry
Age and birthday: 36
Habitat: Missouri, USA

Which guitar(s) do you own? Takamine  GD93CE

Which guitar do you currently play on? Takamine GD93CE

Which amp(s) do you own? Fishman Loudbox Mini

How long have you been playing guitar? 1 day :)

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Christian, Country, Rock

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? None yet

Who are your favorite bands? Casting Crowns

What inspired you to start playing guitar? I just returned home from the Middle East, and my wife started playing the ukulele while I was gone. I have always wanted to learn the guitar (I played brass instruments when I was young), and she motivated me to just jump in and start learning.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? Played in the school bad and a jazz band when I was young (trumpet).

Why do you play guitar? It has a great sound, and is very portable. Sitting around with friends as they played over the years was always a great time, and I always wanted to play as well. I was just too embarrassed to get over that beginner’s hump.

What are your goals for the future? Just learning to play would be great.

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2018, 04:53:50 pm »
I should’ve done this a long time ago but it’s never to late to introduce oneself! :)
Nickname: Bala, Balzi
Real (full) name: Bala Muthiah Valavan
Age and birthday: 26
Habitat: originally from Chennai, India but currently in Alabama, USA

Which guitar(s) do you own? A Granada and a fender squier acoustic guitars, Ibanez gio electric

Which guitar do you currently play on? Alternate between them all depending on my mood and what I play.

Which amp(s) do you own? Marshall 15W combo

How long have you been playing guitar? On and off for nearly 9 years. Continuously for about 4.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Rock and blues mainly but I listen to different stuff

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Mostly blues and blues rock. But have also played pop and other variants of rock.

Who are your favorite bands? The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix experience, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, cream (plenty of other classic rock bands), Green Day, Metallica and recently been listening to Jack white’s solo stuff and the Alabama shakes.

What inspired you to start playing guitar? My best friend from middle school. He was the first guy I saw with a guitar. He played and sang like none other in school and was a popular guy. He introduced me to bands like Green Day and Metallica (and a bunch of other bands). But it was not until I was hit by beatlemania that I started playing seriously.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? When I first started learning guitar, the institute that I was learning at used to put us in random bands for quarterly tests where we performed to a crowd with the random bands. So I played in two bands that way but nope never on a regular basis. Would like to find myself a band though!

Why do you play guitar? It gives me the voice to express myself. To be able to play tunes that I like gives me a feeling of joy!

What are your goals for the future? To be able to make music and entertain people and have fun along the way!

Offline MrBumble

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2018, 05:40:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum dberry - and a belated one to Bala!

We've been enjoying Bala's recordings for the past few weeks and I'm looking forward to hearing some from Dustin soon.
Guitars - Gretsch 5120, Ovation Celebrity, Revelation RJT60Q.
Pedals - TC Polytune 2, Mooer BluesCrab, Boss CE5 Chorus, Boss RC3 Looper, TC Flashback 2
Amplifiers - Fender Super Champ 25 SE, Laney A Fresco, Marshall G30R CD,

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2018, 05:52:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum dberry - and a belated one to Bala!

We've been enjoying Bala's recordings for the past few weeks and I'm looking forward to hearing some from Dustin soon.

Thank you Mr. Bumble!

Offline silman

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #458 on: August 30, 2018, 03:31:13 am »
Nickname: Silman
Habitat: California

Fender Squier Stratocaster Cherry Sunburst

See Above

Which amp(s) do you own?
Roland Cube 30X

This is an odd question. I got my guitar at the beginning of highschool (when i was 14) with dreams of playing rock and pop, but i wasn't good about practicing (Self teaching has always been very hard for me), so the guitar just sat there. I tried to play tab without any knowledge of any chords (just trying to wing it based on the tab) and failed miserably and it made me not want to play. Years went by and i finally tried to pick it up again in college, this time actually starting with Justin's Beginner Course, but school made it very difficult to make time to practice (also i wasn't prioritizing it, i could have made time but i was lazy). So here i am, fresh out of college, 22 years old and trying to start again with the same guitar i got almost 8 years ago. Hopefully it will stick this time, each time i thought of going back to learning i made a dumb excuse  (the dumbest of which was "im too old now, all my peers who play guitar have been playing for years"). I'm done making excuses, i want to learn and 22 is still young enough to learn and have fun with it, i think i was too obsessed with getting really good really fast without wanting to put in the effort.

I love pretty much all music, but i've been listening to classic rock from a very very young age. I want to learn all kinds of music to play on guitar though.

None, still on Stage 1 of the beginner course, looking to learn some classic rock and hopefully some pop songs (i love Elvis and taylor swift).

Elvis, Boston, Journey, ACDC, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran

I have always wanted to be able to play an instrument and sing along, guitar and piano are the most common instruments to do this with, initially i was driven to guitar from Guitar Hero believe it or not, after feeling like a fake rock star on the game (which i got absurdly good at), i wanted to feel the real thing.

I love singing but i'm bad at it, i may need voice lessons.

Nope and nope, don't really want to until im much older and have the free time to dedicate to organizing practice with others.

Why do you play guitar?
I want to be able to play music for myself and others, i think its fun and brings people together.

I want to learn to play some classic rock and pop songs, i want to be able to make up for the time i wasted by learning as much as possible (the right way), not taking any short cuts and hopefully in a few months be able to play some songs for my girlfriend.

One concern i have is that i have pretty small hands for a guy and am worried i will never be able to do bar chords, i know everyone says my fret hand will stretch but by how much?

Secondly, i see all these cool covers of songs i want to play online but they always do picking of single strings instead of chords for this cool and complex sound. I just don't know if i have the dexterity and mental capacity to be able to pick individual strings so quickly, they are so close together on the guitar and i fear i will never be able to switch to the specific one i need quick enough.

Well i am back....

I stopped after completing stage 1 due to grad school. Im back at it now. One month in and on stage three!

Offline misterlutherman1

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #459 on: August 31, 2018, 11:11:32 am »

Nickname:
Dave

Real (full) name:
David Antonov

Age and birthday:
24, 17/04/1994

Habitat:
Manchester, UK

Les Paul Standard

Les Paul Standard

Which amp(s) do you own?
Roland Blues Cube

How long have you been playing guitar?
12 years

Jazz, R&B, Classical, Neo-Soul

Jazz

Django Rhienhardt, Wes Montgomery

The beautiful sounds and the way I feel towards playing, where you can just be whatever, no words, just music, and communicate deeply with other humans

Yes

Why do you play guitar?
To express myself

To catch them all! Pokemon!

Offline Ludo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #460 on: August 31, 2018, 04:43:23 pm »
Hi everyone !
Glad to have join this forum.

Let me answer the traditional questions :

Nickname:
Ludo

Real (full) name:
Ludo

Age and birthday:
37 - 25 Octobre 1979

Habitat:
Fleet, Hampshire, UK - But French

- Stratocaster Player
- Tanglewood TW45
- Aria MM-20

All of them

Which amp(s) do you own?
Blackstar ID Core 20

well... a bit since very long time ago

Blues, Rock, Jazz, Gypsy

Blues

Dire Straits, Pink Floyds, Metallica, Gun's n Roses, Clapton, Stevie R V, LEd Zep, Deep Purple, Eagles... dunno

Just love music. Have been playing the violin and the piano as well

Yes

Why do you play guitar?
To enjoy

To enjoy more

Offline Tim_R

• Good Vibes 0
  • Beginner Level. Acoustic and Electric.
« Reply #461 on: September 02, 2018, 10:15:19 pm »

Nickname:Tim_R
Real (full) name: Tim Raines
Age and birthday:68
Habitat:

Which guitar(s) do you own?  Martin Acoustic and G & L Electric

Which guitar do you currently play on?  Both of the above.

Which amp(s) do you own?  Boss Sound Station and Blackstar

How long have you been playing guitar?  Total time, about a year.  Still on Beginner Course

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?  Classic Rock, 90's Country, Traditional Country, Pop

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?  Whatever is in Justin's Beginner and Traditional Song Books

Who are your favorite bands?  No favorites.  I like lots of bands and artists.

What inspired you to start playing guitar?  College roommate in dormatory.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?  Jr. High and High School Band.

Why do you play guitar?  Enjoyment and to learn new things about guitar.

What are your goals for the future?  Play well enough to play in front of friends and family.  I'm also in an all acoustic guitar group of about 10 people.  Most are beginners like me.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 607
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #462 on: September 02, 2018, 10:20:18 pm »
Hello and welcome to all new members

Take some time to look around and navigate as it is a large forum but well organised

Offline learis

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #463 on: September 03, 2018, 12:02:49 am »
Nickname: ummm, my dad calls me Jor sometimes
Real (full) name: Jordan Hoffman
Age and birthday: 31 years young( 1/7/87 )
Habitat: South Florida (SoFlo)

A classical guitar that doesn't have the model name on it (says it's made in Espana)
Epiphone sg special

both previously listed

Which amp(s) do you own?

danelectro honeytone mini amp

1 week

80's, 90's, rock

church hymns

None stand out to me, every band has their gems

Church asked me to

No

Why do you play guitar?

to learn to help my church and to praise God

my main goal is to get good enough to comfortably play the acoustic guitar in church so that others playing guitar can learn other instruments they're interested in.

----------

Hello, this site has been great for learning in addition to the lessons I'm getting at church. I am thankful to Justin for all the hard work he's done perfecting this site over the years. I feel like I came here justin time (courtesy laugh plz). I've only been playing for a week so for now I just hope I keep up my dedication and build some calouses, boy is this painful lol.

Offline Rocksteady

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #464 on: September 05, 2018, 12:46:04 pm »
Howdee doodee, folks.

Rocksteady is in the house.  I've been fooling around with guitars for 20 plus years but apart from a few lessons when I set out, I haven't followed any training programme - namely because I have been living in Thailand and Japan since 1992.

So having had fun with you tube lessons on favourite songs and not really getting anywhere as I like so many, it's time now to get serious.  Would be grateful for any help in getting me to my goal of playing live in a pub/bar.

I love blues, jazz, rock and roll, rockabilly and surf guitar.  Not into metal. 
Nickname: Eddy
Real (full) name:
Age and birthday: 58 - 10/3/60
Habitat: Bangsaen, Thailand

Which guitar(s) do you own? Epiphone, PR7E (electric acoustic), Epiphone, Flamekat Ltd ed, Aria pro 2 (a take on a prs), A century telecaster that looks like it came out of the same factory as the squire classic vibes but cost 80 quid brand new, a Brazilian nylon string, a Washburn hand made electric acoustic
E

All of them

Which amp(s) do you own?
  A fender blues junior in tweed, a Roland cube 30 and a fender can amp.  Will pick up a Boss Katana 50 sometime before the end of the year.

I also use a vox tonelab and a behringer vamp 2

24 years

jazz, blues, rockabilly and The Stones.

jazz, The Stones and my own songs

The Stones, Santana, Peter Green, Brian Setzer, Bowie

Listening to Eric Clapton's Unplugged.  I looked in the classified ads in the Japan Times and bought my first acoustic

No

Why do you play guitar?

I've got the music in me - always have. It keeps me sane in this crazy world we live in.

What are your goals for the future? To join a band or play by myself with backing tracks in a pub/bar

----------

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #465 on: September 06, 2018, 06:20:44 pm »
Hi all,  Alex here,  nice to meet you all.   I watched my first of many Justin Vids today and decided to sub.  35 years dedicated to playing and learned a lot from just one vid.  I like the way he plays and teachers and I'm always keen to keep learning.   Selling my soul to the devil only slightly improved my chops.. I guess trusting Lucifer on his word was ambitious. 

Nickname: Alex6strings
Real (full) name: Alexander
Age and birthday: 44 OCTOBER
Habitat: Sydney Australia

Which guitar(s) do you own? Maton EBG808TE,  Maton srs808

Which guitar do you currently play on? any one I have my hands on

Which amp(s) do you own? n/a

How long have you been playing guitar? 35 years

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Fingerstlye  acoustic,  acoustic blues

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? fingerstlye

Who are your favorite bands? bands,  Dire Straits,  Foo's, artists,  Eric Clapton,  Tommy  Emmanuel,John Mayer, etc

What inspired you to start playing guitar? primary school teacher and Tommy Emmanuel

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?Yes when I was about 25 years younger.  Seattle cover band.

Why do you play My life would be empty,  and possibly over if it weren't for the guitar.

What are your goals for the future? first goal is to stay out of rehab for a while, second goal buy more guitars.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:03:45 pm by Alex6strings »
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline k4shf

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #466 on: September 08, 2018, 11:42:43 am »
I made a sort of template out of Lucos' question list.
To use it, just click on the "Quote" button at the top-right of this post, delete the stuff above Nickname:, and then delete the  at the end, and then fill in the areas you choose to answer.

Nickname:
Tim

Real (full) name:
Tim Tapio

Age and birthday:
64  11/14

Habitat:

House

Squier Bullet (it's a start, what can I say. It can play more than I can
Yamaha FG-800 Acoustic (just got)

Attempting the Squier but will be taking lessons on the acoustic

Which amp(s) do you own?
Fender Mustang GT-200 (more power than I will ever need but liked the features

2 weeks...and plinking on strings isn't playing......yet.

Late 60s rock, CCR, Eagles...not much new stuff. I'm old, the new stuff is just noise.

I don't think plucking on strings is a genre. Just trying to get my fingers moving on the fret board, may need surgery to extend pinky.

CCR, Eagles, Beatles...no particular order. Some of the new solo vocalists. Love Linda Rondstadt.

Looking for something to develop other side of brain, tech geek all my life. Would like to get creative side going, out of character for me and something that is a struggle to learn (as long as I don't give up)

Band of 1

Why do you play guitar?
Hoping to be able to relax, do something that sounds good to me...a very long ways to go. Still working finger exercises, not putting in enough time yet....it will come. When I can do like "Tina S" on YouTube, I'll know I can play...but hopefully with more emotion than she has.

Stick with it, play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Jingle Bells....get fingers coordinated enough to play chords and make quick changes. Got basic book of Eagles and Johnny Cash, stream without guitar track, want to get to point I can play along with some of them. Hung up on "House of Rising Sun", can't believe how fast Alan Price was on keyboard and the guy on lead guitar was strumming faster than my hand moves....

I gave up alcohol over 20 years ago.....hardest thing I have ever done.....still dream about it. Figure guitar should be piece of cake in comparison....check back in 6 months, see if I still think that <smile>

Offline AlexOT

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #467 on: September 08, 2018, 07:24:31 pm »
Hi everyone! And thanks for the ton of info and thanks to Justin for the great lessons

Nickname: AlexOT
Real (full) name:  Alexander
Age and birthday: 37
Habitat: Québec

Torchwood acoustic folk, Squier diy partscaster, Squier mascis jazzmaster

Squier partscaster

Which amp(s) do you own?
Vox AC4 or pedals into a behringer DI

Took some bassguitar lessons 23 years ago, been involved in bands, sound design and production ever since, never as the guitarist! :) I holded, repaired, recorded enough guitars for a lifetime, never felt the need to learn how to play.

No preferences and not much that I can’t enjoy. Grew up on metal, punkrock, a bit of jazz and electronica in all it’s shapes and forms.

Currently mostly playing scales in key over smooth rock backing tracks or blues playlists.

Right now a lot of Mastodon, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Nine Inch Nails, John Mayer, Herbie Hancock, Allman Brothers, Neurosis and many many more, favorites I have many.

We sucked at sports and were a bit different in high school, so started a band, never stopped really.

Yes, but not currently! I just moved and don’t know anybody here (yet)

Why do you play guitar?
Fantastic dynamic instrument, I am unemployed and it keeps me from spending money or wasting time on useless things. The other reason is I miss the guitarists I had in my bands and although unreplaceable, I want to keep working with guitars!

Continue studying and practicing a few hours a day, ‘till I make new friends to jam with or become good enough to don’t need friends to jam with!

Offline tashmoo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #468 on: September 11, 2018, 12:08:22 pm »
Nickname: Tashmoo
Real (full) name: seyfullah safa özcan
Age and birthday: 15,03,1986
Habitat: Turkey

fender stratocaster

fender stratocaster

Which amp(s) do you own?
orange micro terror

Since august 2018, 3 weeks old now :)

i love all kinds of music but if i had to pick just 1 it should be rock in general but more on softer side :) like pop punk, alternative rock, classical rock, not really into heavy dark super death metal thing. 

i cant play at the moment :( but learned rhcp's californication solo in last 10 days, i am just practicing it and nirvana -come as you are riff :)
uhm too many.  punk ;blink 182,green day, offspring, sum 41,
                        alternative rock ; cranberries, r.e.m, oasis, rhcp(is rhcp alternative or what genre is it?
                        more classicrock; the eagles, the scorpions, ac/dc, guns and roses, metallica, does santana fit here?
                        some soft pop or folk pop or whatever genre tey are ; json mraz, colbie caillat, gavin degraw, sara bareilles
 god genres are so intertwined.

i just love music so much. but what finally clicked the button is the accoustician(name of the channel)'s hotel california solo on accoustic.
nope
Why do you play guitar?
i love the sound of it, from every genre. you know what makes you listen blues even if you are super strict muslim living in turkey? sound of guitar does that guys.
i am a music fan. i just love everything about music. sometimes i sit and just listen music for hours. i enjoy it a lot. i wanted to step up from just listening.

short term, being able to play basic songs, then hotel california solo
long term, basic improvisation, i just want to play guitar without effort, and chill while playing good melodies on weekends sitting in hte backyard. thats my dream. im not dreaming of becoming a "lick" master or smt , just basic improvisation, simple yet sounding good.
super long term; being able to play what i can "hum".

Sent from my [device_name] using newbielink:http://JustinGuitar Community mobile app [nonactive]

Offline stones

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #469 on: September 14, 2018, 07:13:42 pm »
I made a sort of template out of Lucos' question list.
To use it, just click on the "Quote" button at the top-right of this post, delete the stuff above Nickname:, and then delete the  at the end, and then fill in the areas you choose to answer.

Nickname:Stones
Real (full) name:Jon Liebers
Age and birthday:54
Habitat:ny/nj

Which guitar(s) do you own?martin om28 marquis, Fender California strat, ovation , Guild and baby taylor

Which amp(s) do you own?

Why do you play guitar?

Offline WhiteCoatHermit

• Good Vibes 0
  • Physician by day, musician by night (and v.v.)
« Reply #470 on: September 16, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »
Hello everyone and a big thank you to Justin for the magnificent site he created. You really changed the way I play!

-----------------------------------

Nickname: WhiteCoatHermit

Real (full) name: Danilo

Age and birthday: 29 - April

Habitat: Palermo, Italy

Which guitar(s) do you own? Fender Stratocaster Mexico HSS, LAG Tramontane T66DCE Standard

Which guitar do you currently play on? Mostly on my Strat

Which amp(s) do you own? Hiwatt T20, Acus OneForStrings 5T

How long have you been playing guitar? About 13 years

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Classic rock, blues, funk

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Classic rock and blues

Who are your favorite bands? The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble

What inspired you to start playing guitar? A friend of mine, who actually talked me out of playing drums ;D

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? I started a band a few weeks ago and I hope to keep it going!

Why do you play? Because IMO music is one of the highest forms of expression of the human intellect. When I play, I just feel free to express my true self.

What are your goals for the future? Regarding music, I'd like to improve my skills as a musicians and be able to play confidently at gigs and small concerts.

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 178
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #471 on: September 17, 2018, 10:59:34 am »
Welcome WhiteCoatHermit!
Ah Palermo; I always loved Napoli when going there for work (coffee business) and we had our honeymoon in the Calabria region. I guess i would like Palermo as well? :D
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline MrT

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #472 on: September 24, 2018, 02:29:00 pm »
Nickname: MrT
Real (full) name: Tony
Age and birthday: 50 years old (November '67)
Habitat: Melbourne (via Tasmania)

Ibanez GIO GRG121EXSM

Ibanez GIO GRG121EXSM

Which amp(s) do you own?
Vox Pathfinder 10A

Since September 22, 2018 (3 days  :)  )

Rock mainly, also some folk/country artists such as Paul Kelly, John Moreland.

Attempting to pick out chords...

Queen, Coldplay, Cold Chisel, Pink Floyd, Midnight Oil, Dire Straits, Crowded House, R.E.M., Mumford & Sons, Also, individual artists: Paul Kelly, Bruce, Billy Joel (wrong instrument!), Elton John, John Moreland, Jimmy Webb, Paul Simon, Sam Smith,

After 50 years of not playing an instrument, I thought I should give it a go and stop just listening. Wanted to develop some new skills, and challenge myself to do something I haven't before.

Probably not.

Why do you play guitar?
Seems to be a very versatile instrument that I should be able to eventually play the sort of music I like to listen to, and doesn't need to be part of a band/orchestra.

Just to be able to play something that is clearly recognisable as a song that other people know!

Offline hilts17

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 61
« Reply #473 on: September 24, 2018, 02:30:39 pm »
A big welcome to all the recent new members. Thanks for the introductions and I know you will enjoy being a part of this awesome community. Have fun learning and playing!
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline Michae1

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #474 on: September 26, 2018, 12:41:47 am »
Nickname:  Michae1

Real (full) name:  Michael  aka: Hey you!

Age and birthday:  Celebrating the 33rd anniversary of my 20th birthday.  June.

Habitat:  Northern Virginia

Which guitar(s) do you own?  None.  I use my sons' guitar.  Pyle Acoustic-Electric Guitar PGAKT40 SB.  It is an Amazon special, but took it in to a shop and had them tweak it so it sounds acceptable.

Which guitar do you currently play on?  Pyle Acoustic-Electric Guitar PGAKT40 SB

Which amp(s) do you own?  None

How long have you been playing guitar?  Fours days.  But I practiced piano for almost three years.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?  Contemporary Christian, Classical, Classic Rock, Elevator Musac.

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?  None at the moment.  Played some classical and movie themes on piano.  Looking to learn some relaxing oldie type songs for guitar.

Who are your favorite bands?  Aerosmith, Eagles, Tom Petty, Neal Diamond, MercyMe, etc...

What inspired you to start playing guitar?  The band at my church, plus you cannot carry a piano around as easily as a guitar.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?  No band experience, but I used to do recitals.

Why do you play guitar?  To relax.  Piano is hard and maybe I will do better at guitar.  We will see.

What are your goals for the future?  Right now I really just want to finish these guitar lessons and see how far I can go.  I would eventually like to be able to help out my church band.  If guitar does not work out, I may just try the Cello.  :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App