Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 260492 times)

Offline joanfafe

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1515 on: August 10, 2017, 10:10:06 pm »
Hello! this is Joan Farré from Catalonia.

Learned myself somewhat about the guitar around 93 til 96... founded a band.... lots of fun indeed...

Live changed... no guitar, don't really why I stopped to play... until my daughter insisted to learn music and then I picked the guitar again... and... thanks god I found justinguitar ;-). Being serious about justin since December.

My first record since 20years ago (that I promise is enough to forget almost everything about guitar skills)

See you around!

Joan

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 332
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #1516 on: August 11, 2017, 08:21:51 am »
Hello and welcome to all new members.
Look around, get to know the place.
Join in.
Keep learning and playing.
Keep posting.
 :)

Offline amitpandey

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1517 on: August 12, 2017, 06:31:35 am »
This is Amit from India.

Age 30

Nickname : Tinnu
Love to learn new things.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline Don.Maslanka

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1518 on: August 14, 2017, 05:32:08 pm »

I made a sort of template out of Lucos' question list.
To use it, just click on the "Quote" button at the top-right of this post, delete the stuff above Nickname:, and then delete the  at the end, and then fill in the areas you choose to answer.

Nickname:Donny Buttermilk (Maslanka is Polish for Buttermilk)
Real (full) name:Donald Maslanka
Age and birthday:59 2/17/58
Habitat:USA

Which guitar(s) do you own?Gibson Les Paul Studio, Takamine Acoustic, Fender TeleAcoustic

Which guitar do you currently play on?TAKAMINE!!!!!!!!!!

Which amp(s) do you own?Fishman Loudbox Artist and Marshall

How long have you been playing guitar?3 years

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?Indie, Americana(Avett Brothers)

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?Folk fingerstyle

Who are your favorite bands?Neil Young, ChickCorea,Elvis Costello,

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Love of music

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?love of music

Why do you play guitar?love of music, keep brain and soul active

What are your goals for the future?
a to f minor chord change in under a second

Nickname: Harpmaker
Real (full) name: I'm not famous so it doesn't matter. :)
Age and birthday: 51
Habitat: Central Pennsylvania, US of A

Which guitar(s) do you own?
Seagull S6+GT (steel string acoustic)
Yamaha Pacifica 112 (electric strat clone)

Which guitar do you currently play on?
Seagull S6+GT. Haven't received the Yamaha yet.

Which amp(s) do you own?
None yet. For the time being, I can run the electric through my Zoom MRS-4 digital recorder and use headphones.

How long have you been playing guitar?
I've tried to learn to play on my own for about a year. It's only been in the last 4-6 weeks, since I discovered Justin's YouTube videos, that I've gotten anywhere!

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?
I like pretty much everything except rap. I intend on focusing on fingerstyle, but I have to learn to walk before I can run.

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?
Would Justin's One-Minute-Changes count as a genre? :)

Who are your favorite bands?
Honestly, I go by individual songs. The songlist on my MP3 player is the strangest thing you ever saw! :)

What inspired you to start playing guitar?
The movie Crossroads and the solo guitar version of Classical Gas

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?
Nope.

Why do you play guitar?
For my own enjoyment, other people within ear-shot can suffer. :)

To be able to do the Finger-Gym as well as Justin!

Sent from my SM-T710 using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline Fluffy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1519 on: August 18, 2017, 12:07:48 pm »
Hi everybody,

Grey haired old rocker here.

So I turned 61 years old two weeks ago. Haven't played guitar for nearly 40 years. So I decided - it's time.

Went into town and got me some stuff, and I am having a blast.

Cant believe how technology has changed in all those years. Hell back then we thought we were styling if we new somebody that had a printed Chord book or song book. There was no such thing as a Photostat machine back then, so copy and paste was done with a pen or pencil and a paper notepad.

Now we have Justin Guitar - ooh what a difference.

I am battling with, sore fingertips, stiff chord finger muscles and sticking to rhythm.   

Nickname: Fluffy
Real (full) name: Keith Duffield
Age and birthday: 61 years old ( 05-08-56 )
Habitat: The Tip of Africa. South Africa by the sea.

Chinese copy of Strat

As above.

Which amp(s) do you own?
Blackstar ID Core 10W

For how long have you been playing guitar?
Two weeks now plus quite a lot 40 years ago..

Catchy tunes, classics.

Catchy tunes, classics.

Beatles, Bee Gee's, Adele, 60' and 70's contemp/folk bands.

A bug just bit while I wasn't paying attention.

No.

Why do you play guitar?

I like music. I enjoy a challenge and learning new stuff.

To be able to play a reasonable repertoire of fun songs at a party, and to be able to just chill and play by myself in a quiet place.

---------------------

Looking forward to learning a lot here, contributing where I can, and making new friends/associations.

Cheers

The nice thing about Fridays - it's only two more days till Monday. 😂

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 54
  • You're always learning about guitars,Keef Richards
« Reply #1520 on: August 18, 2017, 03:27:56 pm »
Another Saffa ... let the good times roll  8)

Offline bilbobaggins

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1521 on: August 19, 2017, 09:30:49 pm »
Real (full) name: Olivia W
Age and birthday: 21 years old (Oct. 12 '95)
Habitat: USA

Fender squire strat (my first one)
Fender starcaster acoustic (first acoustic)

The acoustic

Which amp(s) do you own?
Don't own one at the moment

For how long have you been playing guitar?
Since about 2012ish, so 5 years, but not as consistently as I would like

Classic rock, folk, indie rock, indie pop, psychedelic rock, grunge and alt rock, punk
A lot of stuff from the 60s, 70s and 90s.

Folk rock, classic rock and grunge/alt. I love to learn Simon and Garfunkel songs.

Too many to list, but the biggest ones include Alice in Chains, Simon & garfunkel, the Beatles

I've just always been around music. My dad got me a guitar when I turned 9 and I was nervous because I didn't know what to do with it. I actually started learning violin not long after I got the guitar and that consumed a lot of my time. I love the violin though, and I think it has helped me with my dexterity and learning capabilities because it's such a difficult instrument. In high school I got an acoustic for christmas and it really motivated me to learn. So I started learning chords from songs I liked and just went from there.

I've never played in a proper band before.

Why do you play guitar?
I'm a very musical person. Guitar is a versatile instrument and there are many people to learn from and enjoy it with. While frustrating at times, it's fun.

Someday I want to play in a band. I want to be able to get in front of people and play songs all the way through confidently. Right now I just don't have that yet. My partner is great at guitar and inspires me to get better. Soon I want to be confident enough to play with him.

Offline Dimebag

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1522 on: August 19, 2017, 11:26:05 pm »
Name: Mike

Habitat: Ireland

Which guitar(s) do you own? Lefty Squier Strat

Which amp(s) do you own? Squier SP-10

How long have you been playing guitar? Beginning of June 17 so almost 3 months

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Rock, Metal, Grunge

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Grunge

Who are your favorite bands? Nirvana, Tool, Pantera, Pixies, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden to name but a few

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Always wanted to play the songs I love and my friends have played for years

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? No but I aspire to eventually

Why do you play guitar? I love music and I want to be able to play covers from my favourite bands and write my own music

What are your goals for the future? Get as good as I can at the guitar, play in a band, then world domination!

Offline nalyom9

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1523 on: August 22, 2017, 04:22:06 pm »
Hi All
Just playing classical are year or two, taking a course with Eliteguitarist, Im good with tab not great with notation. Nice to be here  8)

Offline Goranpaa

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1524 on: August 24, 2017, 03:07:12 pm »
I made a sort of template out of Lucos' question list.
To use it, just click on the "Quote" button at the top-right of this post, delete the stuff above Nickname:, and then delete the  at the end, and then fill in the areas you choose to answer.

Nickname: None
Real (full) name:Göran
Age and birthday:63 November the 24 th.
Habitat:Southern Sweden.

Which guitar(s) do you own? Squire Standard Stratocaster  ( Cherry sunburst ). Squire Standard Telecaster ( 2 tone sunburst ). Planning to get an acoustic guitar and a short scale bass later on.

Which guitar do you currently play on? Both the abouve.

Which amp(s) do you own? Blackstar ID Core BEAM.

How long have you been playing guitar? For almost 6 months. Tried 3 times before down the years trying to reading me up to it. But failed. :( Now I feel more confident that I will make it thanks to on line lessons like Justins. The progress are pretty good. :)

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Blues, Pop, Hard Rock, Rock, Progressive Rock and some Indie.

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Blues.

Who are your favorite bands? Dire Straits, Dr. Feelgood, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones,  Deep Purple, The Black Keys,  The White stripes, Nirvana, Queen, Genesis ( the early years ), Pink Floyd and The Police for example.

What inspired you to start playing guitar? The Beatles and the 60's Brittish pop wave at that time.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? No.

Why do you play guitar? I have always since I was a teenager wanted to be able to play the guitar.. It's much more fun and rewarding playing ones favourite music than just sit and taping the foot to it.

What are your goals for the future? Become an ok. guitarist at least. And live another 40 years  beeing healthy and have fun along the road.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:50:43 pm by Goranpaa »
Guitars: Squire Standard Stratocaster and Squire Affinity Telecaster. Squire, Vintage Modified Jaguar ( Shortscale ) bass.

Amp. Blackstar ID Core BEAM.

Offline kennethjohnsonart

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1525 on: August 25, 2017, 02:52:39 pm »
Hi All, Kenneth here.
Nickname= kennethjohnsonart.   I live in California, USA. 
I'm an intermediate player trying to improve.
 I play a Martin HD-28 (w Fishman electronics) mainly.  I also have a Martin Retro 00-15e that I purchased recently.
 I take my Taylor Mini  on vacations and also have an old Takamine classical that I don't play often. 
My amps are a small Fishman and an SWR Cal Blonde. 
I also play some blues harp. 
My genre is probably best described as roots/Americana. 
Favorite bands= Son Volt, Jayhawks, Wilco, Elvis Costello, Avett Bros, Los Lobos, Neil Young
I've looked at Justin's stuff for many years and donated a small amount a couple of times (and will do more)-- Justin, you are, of course, the best!  As a bonus, you just seem like a really good person.  Peace.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:09:04 pm by kennethjohnsonart »

Offline MrBumble

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #1526 on: August 27, 2017, 03:00:21 pm »

I've been hovering around here for a couple of weeks so it's time I introduced myself.
I'm 65 in a few weeks and retiring from work so it was time to fulfill that old ambition of learning to play properly.

It was over 30 years since I picked up a guitar so I've started on the Beginners' Course and am finding it great to get the fingers working.

I have a very wide taste in music but mainly folk, blues and country.
Then of course as I'm a part time minister & worship leader there are praise songs too!

Guitar - Ovation CS247 (not likely to stick at one)
Amp - Marshall G30 (OK for practice)

Favourite guitarists - Joe Bonamassa, Isaac Guillory, Eric Bibb, Tommy Emmanuel.

I think that Justin's method is excellent and this forum is a wonderful resource and support.

Thanks to all concerned.

Brian.

Offline alanr5682

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1527 on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:44 pm »
Hi everyone. Just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Allen, from Runcorn, Cheshire. 37 years and found something to

I've dabbled with playing guitar on and off for years. I have a Cherry red Gretsch G5445T Double Jet, with the bigsby system removed. Plays beautiful and wouldn't part with it- I'd rather sell a kidney lol.

Thanks to Justin and this site, I've finally started to knuckle down and learn more about the instrument. (Time and work permitting!) I've also started to write a couple of songs in my spare time and hope to one day record them just like my Dad did in the late 60's.

Influences are mainly Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page, Tony Iommi, Jimi Hendrix, Malcolm Young, Pete Townshend and Lemmy. I also have started to enjoy other genres guitarists i.e Django Reinhardt, Bert Jansch, and Nick Drake.

Favourite pieces of music include The Rain song (Led Zeppelin), Quadrophenia (The Who), Five leaves left (Nick Drake), and Take a pebble (Emerson, Lake & Palmer).

All in all, I'm just a big kid that has a misspent youth!!

All the best!!

Offline Damian666

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1528 on: August 29, 2017, 12:49:35 pm »
Hi all,

Just registered and thought I'd post a quick introduction.

Name: Damian

Habitat: Yorkshire, England

Which guitar(s) do you own? Yamaha Pacifica 112V, Encore Strat Copy

Which amp(s) do you own? Marlin Reverb 25

How long have you been playing guitar? Depends how you count it. I first started playing when I was about 14 and played on and off for about 3 years. I didn't progress very well and gave up. I recently decided to give it another go and started playing again about 2 months ago. I discovered that my first guitar (Encore Strat Copy) wasn't working so borrowed a Fender strat from a friend.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Rock, Metal, Blues

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Rock? (still learning!)

Who are your favorite bands? Too many to list but include Metallica, Iron Maiden, Volbeat and Delain.

What inspired you to start playing guitar? I saw lots of live bands and players and had an urge to do what they did.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? I played in a "band" as a teenager, but nothing more than some friends jamming really.

Why do you play guitar? I love music and it's a good escape and relaxation for me.

What are your goals for the future? To improve, I'm currently going through the beginner course and starting again. I hope to eventually progress through the intermediate and blues courses.

Offline jamesguitardude

• Good Vibes 0
    • Curso Aula de Violao
« Reply #1529 on: August 30, 2017, 09:54:43 am »
Hello,

I am from Brazil!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App