Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 437443 times)

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 47
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1980 on: July 08, 2019, 09:13:20 pm »
Hi Reda,

Nice to get a bit of background- welcome to the forum again!  ;)
I've seen most of your previous posts, but didn't connect the dots and realise they were the same person.
All I can say is your progress is incredible.
I'ts hard to believe you were able to produce that Karma Police cover with less than a year's experience.
You have a great feel for the music and great vocals/timing to boot.
This old-timer-newbie is well jealous, but generous enough to give vibes where vibes are due
Keep it up and the sky is the limit.

Offline Scotty

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1981 on: July 09, 2019, 12:23:22 pm »
Nickname: Scotty
Real (full) name: Scott Quill
Age and birthday: 52, 06.12.1966
Habitat: Newcastle, Australia.

Which guitar (s) do you own?
Fender Vintera 60’s Strat modified
Yamaha A3CM Acoustic

Which guitar do you currently play on?
As above

Which amp(s) do you own?
BOSS Katana 100p

How long have you been playing guitar?
Weeks

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?
The many genres of prog. Not into wrap, hip hop, opera, country, but like almost all music.

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?
Any I like

Who are your favorite bands?
Too many to list, current fav is Bent Knee.

What inspired you to start playing guitar?
Have played piano, drums, saxophone, trumpet and always loved guitar just now in a position to learn.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?
Not at the moment but have as drummer.

Why do you play guitar?
Love music, love guitars.

What are your goals for the future?
Record songs, maybe find similar minded musos to jam with.
Fender Vintera 60’s Strat modified
Yamaha A3CM Acoustic
Yamaha upright piano
BOSS Katana 100
Ableton live suite

Offline delavega317

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1982 on: July 11, 2019, 11:34:16 am »
Nickname: delavega317
Real (full) name: Diego
Age and birthday: 32 (20/7/86)
Habitat: Italy

Which guitar(s) do you own?
- PRS SE Custom 24
- Squier Affinity Strat
- Harley Benton CLA 15M

Which amp(s) do you own?  Blackstar HT5R MKII

How long have you been playing guitar? I started 6 years ago but I had several breaks (for months and last one for one year or so). I started with the beginner course and then with the intermediate course.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Rock

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Rock, Blues, Punk and sometimes Folk

Who are your favorite bands? RHCP are the best

What inspired you to start playing guitar? I always loved music and going to some live events inspired me to star learning guitar

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? No and I don't see it happens in the future

Why do you play guitar? Because it's a lot of fun!

What are your goals for the future? Improve my guitar skills and maybe try to writeand record something

Now I'm practicing with the Blues Lead course and also focusing on ear training and
rhythm and timing (my weak points at this stage).
I found out that I become quickly bored by practicing and I need to also focus on learning and playing actual songs. So I started my YouTube channel to keep me motivated, recording the songs I learn. Usually I love to cover songs using backing tracks instead of playing over the song. Its much more difficult because you don't have references and also you can't hide your errors behind the guitars on the CD.

You can find my Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Jytl-caICF3XpbrPBpNag

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
« Reply #1983 on: July 13, 2019, 11:13:11 pm »
@scotty hey welcome to the forum.  Wow an Australian, from Newy.  I'm just up the highway a bit mate mid north coast.  Hope you enjoy the forum and find it useful,  everyone's great,  a mixture of experience levels so any questions just put it out there. If you need to pm me and I should be able to help.  Good to see you here. 

@Diego welcome,  good to know a bit about you after hearing a good sample of your playing recently.   Look forward to more of your music. 
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline Zelmquist807

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1984 on: July 17, 2019, 10:10:08 am »
Nickname: Emokid
Real (full) name: Zach
Age and birthday: 24, May 22nd
Habitat: Iowa, United States of Murica

Epiphone les paul 'Lee Malia' custom signature guitar, 2 cheapo yamaha amazon guitars
The cheapo yamaha electric
Which amp(s) do you own?
Boss Katana
5 months
Metalcore, heavy metal, deathcore, anything with breakdowns is dope.
Cant play any genre yet even if I wanted to lol
Killswitch Engage, Bring me the horizon, A Day to Remember, The Plot in You
Something I've always wanted to do. Watching my favorite bands do it.
Nope, would be cool though
Why do you play guitar?
Because its alot of fun, helps with depression, and I have a good time
Be able to play along with alot of my favorite songs. Impress people, maybe one day be in a band

Sent from my SM-N960U using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline Simo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1985 on: July 17, 2019, 01:23:00 pm »
Nickname: Simo
Habitat: UK Surrey (but not native)
Which guitar do you own: a cheap electroacoustic and an even cheaper 3/4 classic. I am planning to buy an electric but I am waiting to know a little bit more about them and me as a guitar player.
Which guitar do you currently play on: the acoustic one.
Which amp do you own?: A second hand Marshal that is currently living in the storage waiting for my future electric guitar.
How long have you been playing?: Seriously only a few weeks when I discovered Justin site.
Favourite music genre: Mostly rock, but I'll listen to anything that catches my fancy.
Which genre do you play on your guitar?: Anything fun enough to strum.
Favourite bands: Queen, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, U2... Most of the old guys really, plus I am on a mission to find new indie rock bands worth listening to, so I am open for suggestions.
What inspired you to start playing guitar?: Boredom during a summer holiday at my parents. My dad bought a guitar because a friend of him was giving lessons and offered a student place, so one afternoon I picked it up and got to the last page of the booklet were there was the fretboard scheme, I picked the music sheet for Scarborough fair from my old schoolbook and started to work it out. Half an hour later I ended with a passable version and my dad decided I needed my own guitar. Then work and moving countries and a child happened and I only even did a little of it to relax. But I never learned to strum until I found Justin's course.
Why do you play guitar?: I am here for the fun. And it's a pleasurable way to relax and get the mind off work.
Goals for the future?: Guitar wise, have a good grasp of the basics and be able to play along my favourite music (and something my husband and child would like to sing along to).

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #1986 on: July 17, 2019, 01:39:12 pm »
Welcome to several new members. Enjoy this great forum and have fun on your musical journey here. Lots of wonderful people and resources to help you. Persevere and you will reap the rewards ten-fold. It's all about having fun.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline kevinralexander2016

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1987 on: July 17, 2019, 11:12:42 pm »
Nickname: kevinralexander2016
Real (full) name: Kevin Alexander
Age and birthday: 38
Habitat: US

Let's see... A Fender Player Strat, Fender Acoustic Electric (Can't remember the model), Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro II, and a Epiphone Wildkat with Bigsby.

My "number one" is my Player Strat.

Which amp(s) do you own?
Right now I just have a practice amp... a Fender Champion 100. I'm thinking about either getting a Hot Rod Deluxe, or since I'm playing just around the house right now and need a headphones option, I might go with a Line 6 Helix.

Over 20 years, although I had a stretch of 5 years when I wasn't playing at all, until I picked it back up 9 months ago.

I pretty much like all music with a few exceptions, but I'm most drawn to Blues/Rock.

Blues/Rock

Too many to state, but I'll go with SRV, The Eagles, Van Halen, and U2 since that covers all the styles I enjoy.

My brother had dabbled with playing acoustic guitar but didn't stick with it. I kept fiddling with the guitar around the house, not knowing how to play. And I had always liked the look of the Strat. So I asked my dad if I could get an electric guitar. He said that if I learned how to play on the acoustic and really took to it, then he'd consider it. I learned how to play on that little acoustic, and after awhile got a Peavey Raptor and started my electric journey.

I played in a church band for 8 years. It was great musical experience. I played live 3 times per week, plus a 3 hour band practice each week. Often we would have to learn songs quickly and play them an hour later. There was some opportunity to improvise as well. I'll be honest, leaving this band was one of the reasons I stopped playing for 5 years. There was some drama behind the scenes, left the band and left the church, and then for years every time I picked up a guitar it was just bad memories. Enough time finally went by that I realized no drama is worth giving up something you love.

Why do you play guitar?
I don't know how to answer this one. To me, it's like asking "Why do you breathe?" I just do. I love it.

I'm a decent player, but not disciplined with my practice. I want to see how much I can improve if I just take it very seriously.

Offline Prolegomeno

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1988 on: July 18, 2019, 09:15:50 am »
Nickname:Prolegomeno

Age and birthday:38 1980
Habitat:Manchester

Which guitar(s) do you own? An American Fender Stratocaster and a 7 Strings Ibanez

Which guitar do you currently play on? the 7 String Ibanez. the other one is at spain

Which amp(s) do you own? I have a 400w marsall that sucks and a bass hartke HD25

How long have you been playing guitar? more than 20 years but it is surprising how bad I am

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? to listen anything to play blues.

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? this days I am trying to play heavy metal

Who are your favorite bands? Slayer, John Mayer, Justice...

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Get girls of course

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? I have been kicked out of several bands.

Why do you play guitar? Because it is awesome.

What are your goals for the future? suck a little less.

Offline Sam12c

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1989 on: July 19, 2019, 10:16:12 pm »
Nickname:Sam12c
Habitat:USA

Squire Strat & Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Mainly the Les Paul, but the Squire Strat is used for different tunings when I don't feel like tuning out of E standard

Which amp(s) do you own?
Fender amp (Not sure specifically, came with my Squire)

Since kindergarten (I am currently in high school)

Pop Punk, Classic Rock, Alternative

Pop Punk and Alternative mostly, a little classic rock

Green Day, blink-182, Sum 41, Queen, The Beatles

I wanted to start playing it after listening to The Beatles and seeing family members with a guitar

No

Why do you play guitar?
I play for fun and because it relieves stress

I eventually want to join a band and possibly make money, even though I am not doing it for the money

Offline ienemak

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1990 on: July 20, 2019, 03:54:52 pm »
Nickname:ienemak
Real (full) name:annemiek
Age and birthday:40 18-02-1979
Habitat:amsterdam

Which guitar(s) do you own? A very basic acoustic one

Which guitar do you currently play on? seeabove

Which amp(s) do you own? none

How long have you been playing guitar? I started a couple years back with the justin guitars beginners book - never made it past stage 3. Have picked it up recently again, very happy to discover all the amazing material online - thats a big help. Am doing much more serious practicing now, also doing music theory and ear training etc.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? folk, blues, indie, singer-songwriter, electronic, electronic/classical, etcetera.

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? songs from the songbook :-))) now and then I try something out on my own

Who are your favorite bands?  Villagers, The National, Angus & Julia Stone, Black Keys, Andrew Bird, Joshua James, Sean Hayes, David Gray, Citizen Kane, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, Frazey Ford, James Blake, Ane Brun, Dear Reader, Lisa Hannigan, Nick Mulvey, Other Lives, REM, Radiohead, Loney Dear

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Loving music and seeing the enormous amount of fun a band I saw playing was having.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? Sadly no, not yet.

Why do you play guitar? Because of fun!
What are your goals for the future? Being able to play in a band, bing able to play at campfires, being able to sing while playing guitar :-)

Offline LoganChay94

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1991 on: July 24, 2019, 11:06:50 pm »
Nickname:LoganChay94
Real (full) name: Logan Patterson
Age and birthday: 25 (July 3, 1994)
Habitat: Deep South Mississippi, USA

PRS SE Zach Myers
PRS SE Zach Myers
Which amp(s) do you own?
Budda Superdrive 45
Around 9-10 years
Blues, for the most part. But anything that catches my ear.
Blues, for sure.
Bros. Landreth right now
2 answers to this one: my older cousin let me borrow a Led Zeppelin biography and I looked up Zeppelin videos and saw Jimmy Page playing the double-neck and I just thought "I want to do that". My uncle plays guitar and showed me how to play Voodoo Chile.
I have played with a few groups, but none have made it very far with gigging consistently.
Why do you play guitar?
I play guitar because I love it. It's relaxing and fun and it inspires me.
My goals are to finish building my rig, find a strat that I love, record some sort of solo stuff, and find a gigging group and gig consistently.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Geema

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1992 on: July 26, 2019, 02:36:51 am »
Nickname: Geema
Real (full) name: Jill
Age and birthday: 50 - (51 next week on 7/29)
Habitat: Suburbia

Yamaha FD01S...sorry... bought it before I learn about action today... Don't know if this one is bad, it was inexpensive. I'm prepared that it might be challenging...

Above
Which amp(s) do you own?
None
1 day. Kinda.
Classic rock, some country, jazz, some pop. I'm flexible.
LOLOLOL
Jethro Tull, Queen, The Record Company, Simon & Garfunkel, Disturbed, Jimmy Scott, Janis Joplin
I wanted to learn an instrument... Good for the brain... Thought long about it. I think guitar will suit me but also be tough. I tried as a child. I didn't do well. LOL

Why do you play guitar?
Peace, health, joy
Above... Plus playing for fun while traveling the country with my hubby when we retire in 10 years and kick off an RV your of the US. :) Sooner... Duet with my Granddaughter on her trumpet or ukele.

Offline gonzalotheplayer

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1993 on: July 27, 2019, 11:57:10 pm »
Nickname: GUNS
Real (full) name: Gonzalo Gonzalez
Age and birthday: 42 02/17/1977
Habitat:the US

Which guitar(s) do you own? Taylor Acoustic and Les Paul CM

Which guitar do you currently play on? both

Which amp(s) do you own? small Fender

How long have you been playing guitar? 5 months

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Rock and Roll baby

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? not Rock and Roll,

Who are your favorite bands? Skid Row, Mötley, KISS, GNR, Sepultura, Oprobrium

What inspired you to start playing guitar? no idea, just wanted to lean an instrument and drums were not possible

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? I wish

Why do you play guitar? to feel accomplished

What are your goals for the future? play in a band with bunch of old farts like me

Offline einvaal

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1994 on: August 03, 2019, 07:51:15 pm »
Hello there,
nice to be here on this forum  :)

I'm middle aged guy who got himself a guitar on Tuesday. It's my first guitar, an acoustic Sigma. Well technically it's my second guitar but the story of the first one is so ... typical to what can happen in real life that I don't count that as the first guitar.

I like rock, especially fond of 60s and 70s music, psychedelia and all.

I try to keep up a daily practice, but this beginning is pretty hard: lots of sweat little results.

However, I have time. Not in a hurry. Trying to enjoy the journey!

Edit: My goal is to learn to play *and sing* Wish you were here. May take a while. Don't hold your breath.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:09:22 pm by einvaal »

Get The Forum As A Mobile App