Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 413065 times)

Offline techdad5606

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1680 on: April 04, 2018, 03:59:49 am »
I made a sort of template out of Lucos' question list.
To use it, just click on the "Quote" button at the top-right of this post, delete the stuff above Nickname:, and then delete the [/quote] at the end, and then fill in the areas you choose to answer.

Nickname: techdad5606
Real (full) name: Scott
Age and birthday: 43
Habitat: Boston
Which guitar(s) do you own?
Ibanez RG450DX
Which guitar do you currently play on?
Same
Which amp(s) do you own?
Ibanez 15 watt practice amp
How long have you been playing guitar?
I started to teach myself over 20 years ago, but never learned more than a few chords.  I have been playing drums since I was 8 and always wanted to play guitar.   After not playing much at all lately, I look at this as a new beginning. Currently, I'm on beginner lesson 2 after two weeks.
Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Rock, jazz, r&b, funk classical, blues

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Whatever I can learn right now

Who are your favorite bands? Paul Weller, Prince, Michael Jackson

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Always wanted to play, but found it difficult in the past

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? No

Why do you play guitar? I love music and want to learn to play some of my favorite songs. 

What are your goals for the future? To be able to play along to favorite songs by ear, chord wise.  Once I become proficient at  changing chords, I would love to train my fingers and work on playing single lines , would love to learn basic blues progressions  and lines.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Guitar: Ibanez RG450DX
Amp: Fender Mustang I

Offline Big Paully

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1681 on: April 07, 2018, 02:22:30 pm »
Welcome to all new comers in 2018.
 :)
Thanks for the welcome. I'm in The State of Maine, U.S.A.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Zeno

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1682 on: April 07, 2018, 05:09:21 pm »
Nickname: Zeno
Real (full) name: Andreas
Age and birthday: 52
Habitat: Germany

Which guitar(s) do you own? Fender Strat, Fender Stratacoustic

Which guitar do you currently play on? above

Which amp(s) do you own?Fender Blues Junior, Roland Micro Cube

How long have you been playing guitar? Tried and gave up decades ago...

Who are your favorite bands? Favourite solo artist (always was, always will be) David Bowie; Band: RHCP

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Girl in school I had a crush on - decades ago...

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? nope.

Why do you play guitar? Just because.

What are your goals for the future? Remember what I learned decades ago...

Offline Jenn

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
  • Live, Love, Play Guitar!
« Reply #1683 on: April 07, 2018, 05:25:44 pm »
I made a sort of template out of Lucos' question list.
To use it, just click on the "Quote" button at the top-right of this post, delete the stuff above Nickname:, and then delete the  at the end, and then fill in the areas you choose to answer.

Nickname: Jennda
Real (full) name: Jennifer Stephens
Age and birthday: 54
Habitat: New Mexico USA

Which guitar(s) do you own? Schecter SG1 electric, Fender acoustic/electric 12-string, Yamaha acoustic, classical nylon string by who knows.

Which guitar do you currently play on? mostly the Schecter.

Which amp(s) do you own? Kustom Dual 30 RC, Peavy Vypyr VIP1

How long have you been playing guitar? On and off since age 9.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Metal, Prog Metal.

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Very little metal unfortunately, but mostly classic rock. Starting to learn some Metallica songs.

Who are your favorite bands? Dream Theater, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, lots more.

What inspired you to start playing guitar? The first time I heard "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd I was hooked.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? Did for a very short time in high school.

Why do you play guitar? Because of the way I feel when I play; it's like being in a relationship, some days are great, others you just have to set it down and walk away, but you keep coming back.

What are your goals for the future? To learn technique; I was self-taught. Also to learn some new songs and challenge myself.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. -Helen Keller

Offline lordyosch

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1684 on: April 07, 2018, 06:23:58 pm »
Nickname: Lordyosch
Real (full) name: Jay
Age and birthday: 40
Habitat: Yorkshire, UK

Sigma ME Acoustic
PRS SE Tremonti

Both -pretty much every day!

Which amp(s) do you own?
Boss Katana 100 combo

How long have you been playing guitar?
Almost a year, this time. Played (badly) as a teen for about 3 years and got nowhere.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?
Rock and Metal

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?
The Eagles and Neil Young! Also some Punk

Who are your favorite bands?
Led Zep, The Eagles, Rush, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam

What inspired you to start playing guitar?
I wanted to be a rock star when I was a kid. Now I just want to be musical

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?
'Band' is possibly too strong a term! I play with others who have the same music teacher

Why do you play guitar?
For my own enjoyment and the challenge of learning something new

What are your goals for the future?
To be competent

Offline Tony Smith

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1685 on: April 08, 2018, 12:24:33 am »
Howdy all. My names Tony Smith. I've played guitar for a bit but there always seems to be holes in my technique and Justins help here seems to fill a lot of them. I'm a 50 year old use to be cowboy that is attempting to relearn after 20 years of broken fingers, bones, and basically playing cowboy. I play on a Epiphone Les Paul standard pro with a Marshall Valvestate 30 watt amp. I'm particular to blues music, the older the better but the three Kings, Muddy Waters and Lightning Hopkins are my favorite. Hope to get to meet you all and any questions i left out about myself, just ask!

Offline bandman

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1686 on: April 08, 2018, 12:48:40 am »
hey folks

Offline Joe Idler

• Good Vibes 0
Hi everybody,
« Reply #1687 on: April 08, 2018, 04:26:14 am »
Hi all,
This is a great site.  Thanks Justin!  I'm 63 years old and just want to learn a bit because I enjoy music.  As a kid I would sit for hours listening to my uncle playing guitar and harmonica.  I learned the harmonica way back then.  I wish I would have had him teach me the guitar as well.  I learned a few chords and a basic strumming pattern.  Lately I've been learning a bit more here and there, and can play "Wildwood Flower" fairly well.  When I found this site I decided to use it exclusively.  Again, thanks Justin!

Nickname:Joe Idler
Real (full) name:
Age and birthday:63  02/05/1955
Habitat:Northern Wisconsin USA

Which guitar(s) do you own?Mark II  Cheap

Which guitar do you currently play on?Mark II

Which amp(s) do you own?

How long have you been playing guitar?1 month

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?Country, Bluegrass, Folk, Traditional

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?Traditional

Who are your favorite bands?Eagless

What inspired you to start playing guitar?Listening to my Uncle as a kid.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?No

Why do you play guitar?For fun and the enjoyment of music!

What are your goals for the future?Enjoying my music
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:54:05 pm by Joe Idler »

Offline Moosedog

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1688 on: April 08, 2018, 05:11:05 am »
Hello from the Cowboy State!

I have been using Justin's lessons since I started playing.  What a great resource this site is Justin is my bestie. 

Nickname: Moosedog
Real (full) name: Chad Butler
Age and birthday: 51
Habitat: Wyoming USA

Which guitar(s) do you own?Taylor 214cek,  Taylor GS Mini,  Chapman ML2

Which guitar do you currently play on? All of them

Which amp(s) do you own? Fender Mustang 4

How long have you been playing guitar? 17 Months

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Blues, Rock, Country, POP

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Blues is what I work the most on,  ans song in Justins beginner songbook

Who are your favorite bands?

What inspired you to start playing guitar? I was hoping that learning an instrument would get my kids interested in music,  Bought a guitar I love it.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? No not yet

Why do you play guitar? It doesn't come easy for me but I love it and find it very relaxing and satisfying.  I play every day.

What are your goals for the future? Lots of goals but mostly want to feel comfortable jamming with most musicians.

Offline Jivedance

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1689 on: April 08, 2018, 09:26:40 am »
Nickname: Jivedance
Real (full) name:Mick
Age and birthday: 73
Habitat: France

Which amp(s) do you own?

How long have you been playing guitar? 2 years

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? rock 'n' roll, rhythm/blues

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?

Who are your favorite bands? Stones, Beatles, Springsteen,

What inspired you to start playing guitar? I got to the age of 70 and decided that I needed a new challenge. It certainly is that.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? No

Why do you play guitar? New challenge later in life.

What are your goals for the future? To become reasonably proficient for my own entertainment.
[/quote]

Offline Fuzzbox100

• Good Vibes 0
  • "What would Elvis do?"
« Reply #1690 on: April 08, 2018, 01:54:31 pm »
Hi Justin and all.

Nickname:Fuzzbox100
Real (full) name:
Age and birthday:57
Habitat:Warwickshire, UK

Which guitar(s) do you own? Hand made BYO Bailey's Tele Thinline, Nash TA52, Gibson Les Paul Traditional, hand made BYO Baileys single cut LP Junior style, Martin D15M, Gretsch 5622T

Which guitar do you currently play on: Nash TA52

Which amp(s) do you own? Blackstar HT40, Vox Nightrain

How long have you been playing guitar? Far too long!

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?Rock, Prog, Blues, RnB, Country, Indie, New Wave

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Blues

Who are your favorite bands? Rush, Joe Bonamassa, Gary Moore

What inspired you to start playing guitar? My mate Colin who could actually play!

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? In between engagements currently

Why do you play guitar? For fun and to try and get better!

What are your goals for the future? To record my own songs.

Offline Jenn

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
  • Live, Love, Play Guitar!
« Reply #1691 on: April 09, 2018, 03:32:19 am »
Awsome and intrestings answers everyone. :D

Now I have another question which I forgot to puth in te list.

Who is your favorite guitarist? (i dunno if there allready is a topic about this)

Mine is Alexi Laiho, because of his awsome solo's and fingering. Man, he's one heck of a guitarplayer!

John Petrucci (Dream Theater) and Steve Stevens (Billy Idol). I saw a video of Steve Stevens live playing flamenco, which I'm not really familiar with, but it was nothing short of awesome!
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. -Helen Keller

Offline Jennda

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1692 on: April 09, 2018, 06:53:59 pm »
Awsome and intrestings answers everyone. :D

Now I have another question which I forgot to puth in te list.

Who is your favorite guitarist? (i dunno if there allready is a topic about this)

Mine is Alexi Laiho, because of his awsome solo's and fingering. Man, he's one heck of a guitarplayer!
My two favorite guitarists are John Petrucci, & Steve Stevens. I saw Dream Theater who had the first time last October, and Petrucci's incredible guitar skills inspired me to pick up the guitar again after many years. As for Steve Stevens, I was watching a video on great guitarists. Stevens started with a solo that turned into awesome Flamenco music. I just never really paid attention to Flamenco before, but I'll be listening to it from now on.

Sent from my [device_name] using newbielink:http://JustinGuitar Community mobile app [nonactive]

Offline Jennda

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1693 on: April 10, 2018, 01:57:57 am »
Hi, I'm David Miller. I'm 75 years old and have been trying to learn to play guitar since 1962. I first heard Duane Eddy's "Rebel 'Rouser" in 1958 and fell in love with that twang sound; then Link Wray, the Ventures, and the surf bands. I'm a fan of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden but I prefer the old stuff. I've collected some guitars and amps, Fenders, mostly. I've actually learned some useful technique just with the D, A, and E exercises, so I look forward to real improvement with these lessons.
Hello David. By any chance would Sterling Majesty be the name of your favorite guitar? Just curious, because I have wanted one of those since I first saw one in October. Enjoy playing!

Sent from my [device_name] using newbielink:http://JustinGuitar Community mobile app [nonactive]

Offline Dogmax

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1694 on: April 10, 2018, 10:55:44 pm »
Hi all, just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself, i'm Ian, I decided to try and learn guitar about 6 months ago, i've always wanted to, and in fact had a strat copy years ago but sold it to finance being young,  so on my 52nd birthday I bought an Epiphone studio lt100 les Paul, mainly because it was in cherry sunburst,  and I know NOTHING ☺ but I had read a bit and watched a few of Justin's videos, and now, well, i'm just plain awful, but I know a hell of a lot more than i did a while ago! I realise it's going to be a long  hard road but I am currently  enjoying it, i've bought Practical music theory and confused myself but I shall persevere! In fact, i'm looking forward to it! Justin's videos help, especially the one about strap locks from grolsch beer bottles! They were 4 for 6 quid at Asda so now my strap is on securely I shall have to buy another guitar to avoid wasting the other 2 beers!😉

Get The Forum As A Mobile App