Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 348461 times)

Offline Jenn

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
  • Live, Love, Play Guitar!
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2910 on: March 22, 2018, 02:08:24 am »
Hi Justin!
I'm new here, and I'm not sure whether I'm posting in the right place. I do want to say thanks so very much for building this wonderful site, and for giving us all a place to learn and thrive.
I feel that you are a wonderful teacher; very thorough and you go slow enough that I can follow your example and learn some awesome songs.  I hope to delve deeper into your lessons soon!
You've done everyone who has a love for guitar a huge service, and for that I truly thank you. May we always have music in our hearts and a willingness to learn new things.
Thank you again!  ;D

Offline scottasaigon

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2911 on: March 27, 2018, 08:10:00 am »
Just another thank you. Picked up my guitar after a 15 yr hiatus, found I'd forgotten a lot and then discovered the site. I'm cruising through the beginner's lessons and filling in the gaps. Feeling inspired and motivated. Just ordered the two beginner's songbooks and will support with orders and possibly donations as I get going. Kudos.

Offline CanadaMike

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2912 on: March 28, 2018, 06:36:25 pm »
Sharing the sentiment of those who posted before me. 

I'm new to guitar and have looked into a few online teaching methods.  I'm liking your method of teaching the best so far and do feel that I'm progressing in my ability. 

I've purchased some of your training material as well to help support you, but also because I like having the material in paper form. 

Thanks

Offline hyperhad

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2913 on: March 31, 2018, 06:22:38 pm »
A great site Justin.  Great lessons.  Easy to follow.

Monthly $10.00

Offline DevonS

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2914 on: April 02, 2018, 07:08:46 pm »
Thank you for doing it right.  The beginner's course just makes sense and constantly builds on previous skills while delivering new and interesting content.

I've had an old acoustic sitting around my house for 30+ years.  I took lessons when I was 10-ish years old, and like most ten-year-olds quit after a year or so because I wasn't a rock star yet. I'd grab the ol' 6-string every once in a while in a halfassed attempt to learn.  That same thing happened in November of 2017.  I put a couple new strings on it and tried the Fender website.  The same frustrations soon set in.  Then, a colleague told me about this site.  I was skeptical of anything free, but soon found out how passionate, funny, and just all around awesome Justin is.  After watching some intro things I decided I'd rent an electric for a while.  Huge difference.  Then, I decided to get the acoustic properly set up.  Now this is where anger set in... it's a completely different guitar.  If I'd gotten it set up 10 years ago I could be really ripping it up right now.  Instead, I'm over 40 and finally making the progress I should have years ago.  Oh well, never too late right?

In a short 4 months, I've progressed into around Level 7.  I went slowly through the first 4 or 5, then started looking ahead and going a bit faster as I built confidence.  The progression has taught me so much, I can't even fathom the amount crammed into my old brain already.  I'm still a terrible guitar player, but I get better every day.  My kids enjoy my "little concerts" and I love switching back and forth between my Fender Tele-plus and the ol' acoustic jamming along with all sorts of different music.

So, thank you, Justin for your time and dedication.  I've purchased some materials and donate monthly because I can and I'd like to help keep this free for those who can't afford it.  I could go on and on, but I think this is long enough already! :)
Fender Modern Player Tele-plus, Fender Mustang I amp. Old Yamaha acoustic.  Over 40, playing since Nov '17, at Stage 7.  Woooo!

Offline redrhodie

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #2915 on: April 02, 2018, 07:33:46 pm »
I just realized I joined this forum one year ago today!

The first song I entered in the contest last April was the first video of me ever online, and the first time anyone but a select few friends had heard me play guitar or sing. It was a huge leap for me.

Everyone was so supportive and encouraging, it's helped my confidence tremendously. The contest has been motivating me to keep writing. All the advice has made me a better musician. And I think of you all as friends. I'd hug you all if I could!

So thank you all so much for this awesome place. Thanks Justin!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline Rhavaeries

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2916 on: April 03, 2018, 05:53:13 pm »
I just wanted to thank you for having this site. I followed your lessons about 4 years ago but had to stop till just recently and was super happy to see you still had your lessons and songs. I am really enjoying your app and learning new songs.

Thank you so so much for all your hard work!!

Offline Bill B

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2917 on: April 10, 2018, 10:25:26 pm »
Hi Justin,

Short back story ... Somehow acquired a guitar (an old Ibanez) back in the early 80's; took a few lessons; got disillusioned and resigned myself to only ever listening to music.

Thanks to my soon to be three-years old granddaughter, who stumbled across the guitar in early January this year, I've picked it up again. In a similar way, I stumbled across your site what a wonderful discovery that has been; I've barely had the guitar out of my hands since. Can't believe how much progress I've made in the last three months so ... Hopefully, I'll nail Neil Young's strumming technique before he finally hangs up his guitar!

A huge THANK YOU for the brilliant tuition and resources.

Long may you run!

Bill

Offline Balamuthiah

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2918 on: April 12, 2018, 04:16:39 am »
Hello Justin!

A quick word. Just got the intermediate course bundle shipped to me. Firstly it arrived on time (I can’t explain in words how impatient I was to tear the package open) and I also jammed to your G scale jam. I sounded just great! I’m so happy right now! Thank you for all the amazing lessons. I’ve made a schedule for all the amazing stuff that I got from your website. And once I’m done, I’m probably gonna order the blues lead dvd as well. Thank you once again! Keep rocking!

Bala

Offline piesmike

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2919 on: April 14, 2018, 08:40:37 pm »
A massive thank you from me.
These lessons are helping me improve so much that I'm enjoying playing more than ever, which makes me play much more, which makes me improve even faster. 
I cannot tell you how much joy I get from playing, thanks almost entirely to these lessons and your songbooks.
Thanks man, great teacher.

Offline iTLJ

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2920 on: April 15, 2018, 04:03:52 pm »
Hi Justin - thank you for a great site! I take private lessons but your site is my "second" teacher and I'm learning a lot from you. Love how in your videos you jump right to the lesson - you don't spend a lot of time introducing yourself and giving a sales pitch. I bought the beginner song book on Amazon and it is great too ---- love the content, size and that it is spiral bound. Well worth the money. Thanks again!

Offline andydrew112

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2921 on: April 17, 2018, 06:32:46 pm »
Thank you Justin for all you have helped me learn! I know this is not the place to do it, so where would I request a song? Can't seem to find that forum

Offline Edwin010

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2922 on: April 21, 2018, 09:29:22 am »
Hey Justin!

For 20 years a absolute beginner, but now it's all starting to roll and having a weekly jamnight with a relative. Always very interested in the theory behind the things i try to do and could never find the right book/workshop whatever, mainly because of the languagebarrier. After much looking around i return to u and last week i bought your Practical Music Theory. Wish i would have found that years before! Such great tricks to understand the theory, even when your having a native language! Keep it up, i wll buy more and offcourse follow your lessons!

Offline Edwin010

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2923 on: April 21, 2018, 09:30:23 am »
LOL...forgot to say the important words: Thank u!   ;D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App