Author Topic: ST-100 • Silent Night  (Read 20803 times)

Dambar

Re: ST-100 • Silent Night
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 10:44:13 pm »
Hi Justin,

I'm glad to get your free video lessons with your highly professional teaching style.

In Silent Night's video when you reach on the second part at 4:46 then, you play finger style. I liked that tone then rest of others.

I really wanna get it on my guitar, I know all the chords as you taught on that video but I didn't get the finger style way?

I read above comments too that some guys really want to learn that kind of music. And i'm also a beginner so I hope you will publish this Silent Night on finger style shortly and would be happy if you can provide finger style tabs. :)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Dambar

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 06:49:05 pm »
Any ideas what has happened to the TAB for this? I appreciate for most of the songs Justin had to take them all down for copyright reasons, but Silent Night is and old Christmas song which I don't believe is copyright?
Same applies to Auld Lang Syne, can't get the TAB for that. Get taken to a "Duh something has gone wrong" page.

Not a deal breaker, I can always try and transcribe it all myself, from the videos ,I'm just lazy. Why do something yourself if somebody has already done it for you  :D
Seagull Original S6 & Washburn EAT12 
Fender Standard Telecaster with Mustang 1 v2 amp
La Patrie Etude

Offline Cue Zephyr

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 90
  • Who's picking the banjo here?
    • Ezyo Music
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 07:07:41 pm »
I'm sure somebody here still has the TABs for you. ;)

I learned these pieces while Justin was explaining them, because I'm actually too lazy to read the TAB! ;D
Guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano, bass and percussion only when needed
Production and mixing

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 05:32:47 pm »
I give up, it's really hard to follow. As the 2 videos cover different hands it's really hard to understand which bit on video 1 corresponds to which bit on video 2.
La Patrie Etude

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 06:49:00 pm »
I give up, it's really hard to follow. As the 2 videos cover different hands it's really hard to understand which bit on video 1 corresponds to which bit on video 2.

Now would be a good time to use you ears and not your eyes. Instead of watching Justin listen to what
he's doing. Giving up won't teach you anything.

Offline Cue Zephyr

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 90
  • Who's picking the banjo here?
    • Ezyo Music
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 10:06:24 pm »
Make sure you get the chords down first. Once you hve that down, you won't have to look very far tofind the right melody notes. Those are the two essential parts in either piece. Those are the same parts (but mostly the melody) that people will be paying attention to when they listen to you play.
Guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano, bass and percussion only when needed
Production and mixing

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 09:20:45 am »
Now would be a good time to use you ears and not your eyes. Instead of watching Justin listen to what
he's doing. Giving up won't teach you anything.

Very true. I managed the first part via trial and error listening to what he was doing, after that I got confused with which bit he was referring to and got frustrated. I have since found another version of Silent Night which is pretty similar to Justins, where the instructor demonstrates picking the strings down  the neck while holding the applicable chord down so you can see both in the same shot. That helped, I'll get there in the end with Justins I'm sure.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:10:05 pm by Macabre »
La Patrie Etude

Offline WSR

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 06:44:13 am »
Just wanted to let you all know the Tab is fixed. I have been waiting for this myself, so I'm stoked! 

Thanks Justin!

Here's the link: http://justinguitar.com/images/ST_images/ST-100-SilentNight.pdf

http://justinguitar.com/images/ST_images/ST-100-SilentNight.pdf

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 01:30:56 pm »
Just wanted to let you all know the Tab is fixed. I have been waiting for this myself, so I'm stoked! 

Thanks Justin!

Here's the link: http://justinguitar.com/images/ST_images/ST-100-SilentNight.pdf

http://justinguitar.com/images/ST_images/ST-100-SilentNight.pdf

Yay!  ;D
La Patrie Etude

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 04:43:29 pm »
Any time you guys find a link that is broken or leads to the wrong lesson post it in the
BUGS & CORRECTIONS TOPIC
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=35369.0
and it will be fixed.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App