Author Topic: GG-001 • Justin's Guitars (Part 1)  (Read 34850 times)

niko114

Re: GG-001 • Justin's Guitars (Part 1)
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »
This is a good guitar?

HARLEY BENTON CG200CE-WH     :-\

baggy67

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 10:58:42 am »
Hi there,
I wonder if you might be able to advise me.   I've just moved from the UK to Berlin and have bought my first guitar after a year of playing a £6 guitar bought from a 2nd hand shop.  When I played it in the shop it sounded lovely, it's a Lag 4S 100NCE nylon acoustic with pick up for 330 euros.  Having played it for a few weeks I've noticed there's some really quite annoying buzz that seems to be coming from under the bridge or near that region.  It only becomes really apparent when I play certain notes such as the G# on the D string.  It's really starting to do my head in and spoiling my enjoyment a bit, can you tell me if most acoustic guitars have similiar buzzing at certain frequencies or do I need to take this one back to the shop and perhaps get it changed.

Hope you can help

best wishes and thanks for lessons

Barry

http://www.myspace.com/mrbarrypatton

Offline RichS

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »
Hey Justin, I love the sound on the Blonde Tele of yours, and was wondering if you did the Brent Mason mod on it, with the extra pickup in the middle being able to dial in as desired to the neck or bridge pickups, or if it's just added in with a 5 way switch? I have a Standard Tele that I'm thinking of doing something similar to yours. Also, are there any other videos or places to hear you playing it more? It sounds great!

Offline Bluzin1

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2014, 02:36:30 pm »
Justin,

When you say
Mostly original, but it's a player, certainly not a collector!
What does this mean... exactly ??

I have played acoustics.
thinking about my 1st electric.
I am thinking about a Gibson Les Paul....
Thinking that if I like playing the electric - I wont grow out of it
and if I dont and it sits in the closet - it wont loose its value..

any thoughts on a 1st electric?

Renata Gozdziak

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 106
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2014, 02:44:56 pm »
Every guitar loses its value.  You pay more for a Gibson, but lose less on resale than you would buying a Epiphone - that'll cost al to less to buy in the first place. The days of guitars fetching their cost or better down the track are probably over, there's far too many guitars made today, and the ones that were there in the 60s are only fetching collectors prices based on the historical mojo.

Best thing to do is go and play some Les Pauls styles and Strats types and see which you prefer.

Offline Bluzin1

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 12:24:37 pm »
Thanks Drub !!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App