Author Topic: MA-060 • Tony Skinner - Finding A Guitar Teacher  (Read 7812 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:54:20 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

matttherocker

Re: MA-060 • Tony Skinner - Finding A Guitar Teacher
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:15:15 pm »
Hi Justin, you mention you are not a fan of their grade system, I use this system and I do find it works, however due to your doubts I feel that I might benefit from not using it, but i'm not sure, so I was wandering if you could clarify exactly what is bad about it.

Cheers

Fuzzel

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 07:29:57 pm »
^^ I'm actually curious about that too, anyone know justins thinking on the matter?

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 05:34:33 pm »
I'm not keen on the upside down tab, the order of material, and many of the things you have to learn are there to "pass the grade" not to make you better.

I don't have it to hand just now to scrutinize it further, but when I did there were many things I didn't like about it.

That is not to say that other people think the same, it's just my opinion.

Max Milligan, a real good friend of me, is one of there examiners and really likes the system. Just choices and opinions...

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Get The Forum As A Mobile App