Author Topic: ET-001 • Ear Training Basics  (Read 47740 times)

Offline Cas1086

• Good Vibes 0
Re: ET-001 • Ear Training Basics
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2018, 11:34:01 pm »
I am in stage one and just started going through Grade 0 in the Ear training course. In ET-053, he says “try to remember how you made that interval jump for future attempts but avoid learning the whole melody.” I’m not sure what this means. Could you explain what an interval jump is and why not learn whole melody?

Offline Damian666

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 07:13:37 am »
I'm reviewing my progress on the new site as I'm getting ready to complete the beginner course. I've noticed that ear training basics are now in the white beginner section.

Should I go back and complete these? along with the music theory that's also been added?

Some of the terms e.g. intervals etc inn not really sure on yet, are they really beginner level?

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 153
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 04:48:52 pm »
Ear training has always been part of the Beginner Course. They start in stage 1 lesson BC-118 and continue in ever
stage. Unfortunately most peiole skip these lessons.
Which lesson you choose to do or not to do is up to you. The more you know the more you will understand.

An Interval is the space between each note. E to F is one interval E to F# is two E to G is three and so on.
And yes these are beginner level and easy to understand.

Offline Damian666

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2018, 08:01:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply and explanation of intervals.

I skipped the JUSTIN ear training exercises and have recently tried to go back to find that the chord recognition lessons don't play.

I'm going to try work my way through before heading to intermediate.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App