Author Topic: ET-001 • Ear Training Basics  (Read 51599 times)

Offline Cas1086

• Good Vibes 0
Re: ET-001 • Ear Training Basics
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2018, 11:34:01 pm »
I am in stage one and just started going through Grade 0 in the Ear training course. In ET-053, he says “try to remember how you made that interval jump for future attempts but avoid learning the whole melody.” I’m not sure what this means. Could you explain what an interval jump is and why not learn whole melody?

Offline Damian666

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 07:13:37 am »
I'm reviewing my progress on the new site as I'm getting ready to complete the beginner course. I've noticed that ear training basics are now in the white beginner section.

Should I go back and complete these? along with the music theory that's also been added?

Some of the terms e.g. intervals etc inn not really sure on yet, are they really beginner level?

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 154
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 04:48:52 pm »
Ear training has always been part of the Beginner Course. They start in stage 1 lesson BC-118 and continue in ever
stage. Unfortunately most peiole skip these lessons.
Which lesson you choose to do or not to do is up to you. The more you know the more you will understand.

An Interval is the space between each note. E to F is one interval E to F# is two E to G is three and so on.
And yes these are beginner level and easy to understand.

Offline Damian666

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2018, 08:01:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply and explanation of intervals.

I skipped the JUSTIN ear training exercises and have recently tried to go back to find that the chord recognition lessons don't play.

I'm going to try work my way through before heading to intermediate.

Offline doudi

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2018, 06:19:52 am »
Hey guys!
I'm just a beginner who's starting out in the White module of the beginner course.
On the sitemap Ear Training Intro and Grade 1 are found under the White, is it better to finish all 9 stages of the beginner category then begin with ear training, or is it better to learn each lesson as it is mentioned in the sitemap (Grade 1 in white, Grade 2 in yellow...)?
Thanks!

Offline BobbyJohns

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2018, 06:08:51 pm »
Hello all,

As a follow up to doudi's query, I would be super grateful for some clarity regarding the correct time to begin the Ear Training grades. I have had a good look through the forums before making this post but sadly couldn't find a clear consensus on the right moment to commence Ear Training within the Beginner's Course.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but from what I can see, the JUSTIN method is currently interwoven into the lesson structure for the Beginner's course at each stage - and I have been following along with this in stages 1-3.

In contrast, the Ear Training grades are not directly interwoven into the Beginners course lesson structure. As a result, the Ear Training lessons do not appear within any of the Beginner's Course stages as lessons, nor do they appear as the 'Next Module' after completing the final lesson within a Beginner's Course Stage.

When one looks at the lesson map page, the Ear Training and Music Theory grades #1 are slotted directly after completion of stage 3 of the Beginner's course.

So... would I be right to infer that Justin intends for us to begin the Ear Training and Music Theory grades #1 at this stage in our learning?

Similarly, when looking over the lesson map, it appears that Ear Training and Music Theory Grades #2 are slotted in after Beginner's Course Stage 6.

Ideally, I'm trying to follow the structure in the way that Justin has intended as I appreciate that he's taken a lot of time to curate the lessons and determine the best time to begin the different elements.

Any help here would be really appreciated and apologies for the lengthy first post!

Thank you so much for any help here :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App