Author Topic: TE-101 • Finger Stretching Exercise  (Read 58891 times)

Offline BabyBlue

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: TE-007 • Finger Stretching Exercise
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2017, 09:58:52 pm »
Any advice for someone who's pinky finger consistently lies on its side turned toward the center of the hand?

Thanks

Was the post just below in response to this?  I have this problem too (but fortunately not the wrist pain).  I feel as though my fingers are deformed, pinky especially.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 97
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Re: TE-101 • Finger Stretching Exercise
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2017, 11:12:26 pm »
BB

Exercise 2 is great for sorting the pinky out but be patient. As Justin says start on the 8th fret were the frets are closer and get stretching there before moving down towards the neck. Just take your time. Exercise 4 will also help but start Ex2 and see how you get on. One thing I would say is that it takes some concentration at the beginning, almost more a mental rather than physical challenge.

Thanks for the prompt as I need to incorporate back into  my practice as there's a pattern in the Blues Rhythm course I'm really struggling with !!

Cheers

Toby
 8)
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM April 2015 to Mar 2016
Currently consolidating IM then Blues Rhythm & MTMS
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
TOBY JENNER’S CAS DE LA ROUTE / ROADCASE
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg339454

Offline CanadaMike

• Good Vibes 0
Re: TE-101 • Finger Stretching Exercise
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2018, 01:19:15 am »
I just stared Stage 3 of the beginners course today.  I'm sure like many people I was having difficulty with G & C chords.  I couldnt get the notes played because my fingers werent in the right position. 

I then went onto the finger stretching exercises and did them for a few minutes.  I then went back to G & C and was able to play them properly.  Cant argue with immediate results :)

I'm not claiming next time I play them it will work, probably just because my fingers were loosened up.  But its nice to be able to see results right away.  And I know if I'm having issues with some of the chords I can do some of these stretches to prepare. 

Get The Forum As A Mobile App