Author Topic: PC-501 • Beginners Practice Routine  (Read 64741 times)

JohnnyRoxx

Re: TB-020 • Beginners Practice Routine
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 04:41:01 pm »
I think he means five patterns e.g

C G D A E

D F C A G

G D E C A

C G C G E

E A D G C

I think he means the five combinations, like EA, ED, AD, CE and CD. not the patterns you mentioned. Do each combinations as fast as you can (the goal i 30). I think that doing the patterns you mention 30 times in one minute i very difficult for a beginner... :)
They're just examples.

Yes they are exampel of patterns, but not exempels of combinations for one minute changes... ;)

I just mentioned it so that no one thinks that he/she have to do 30 pattern changes per minute.

Offline bluepingu34

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 05:52:22 pm »
Oh ok :D

soul

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 11:14:05 pm »
I am having a bit of a problem getting my fingers to stretch out and the excercises you have on your website i have tried any other suggestions.Also would like to thank you foryour time with the lesson really helping alot.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 02:44:52 pm »
I do mean 5 x 2 chord combination. Not five chords in a row!

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

xain908

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 09:15:43 am »
how do i know which course i should be doing?

hafizshapiee

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 03:08:37 am »
hi guys!!! I'm new in this forum... still a beginner in classical guitar lesson.. have some problems about schedule... can someone give me an example about classical practice??? ??? ??? ??? ??? because it's quite different than the learning that i learned in classical guitar.. quite different than the acoustics guitar.... well, I'm live in Malaysia.. but still need to know what kind of practice that suitable for a left-handed classical guitarist like me to improve my playing??? ??? ??? I really does not care about the speed because i think I'm still a beginner and have to follow everything slowly... but i own a electric guitar,it's a RG370DXL from Ibanez... but that is not my question... just want someone to show me what are the correct practices for classical guitar??? that's all.. help me anybody!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

hafizshapiee

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 03:32:24 am »
hey, does anybody can help me with this??? i'm a little desperate here.. please help me!!!! :'( :'( :'(

m_ratan

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 04:59:14 pm »
Hi,

I am new to guitar practice.  My goal is to develop guitar skills to play along
with my favorite cover songs.  I started to practice "G" Major scale to get my fingers moving/relaxed.  However, I am having very difficulty with my ring finger and pinkie.  I can't seem to move them independently.  Any suggestions?  Do you think I just don't have hands for guitar?

Thank you in advance and please be nice with replies.

R.

head_creeps

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 08:41:47 pm »
Hi m_ratan,

Finger independance will come with regular practice and CORRECT practice. With the G major scale ensure you follow Justins guidelines and use a metronome. Start very slowly and make sure you can play it perfectly at whatever speed you choose before increasing tempo. Don't be tempted to increase speed before you are truly ready, it will only lead to bad form in the future.
   Good luck with your practice and your fingers will take care of themselves.

head_creeps

m_ratan

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 06:43:46 pm »
head_creeps,

Thank you very much!!! I will continue practicing.  In back of my head
I was thinking perhaps I do not have good hands for guitar.  Thanks again.

Peace,
R.

Taylor

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 02:18:35 am »
So, I'm having, I guess, trouble with the C open chord. I can't seem to get it without going one finger at a time, like ring finger, middle then pointer.

Any suggestions?

Dunk

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 03:42:50 pm »
Dear all,
           i have a Taylor big baby i have been folowing the lessons
(just started) posted by Justin i would say i am committed to playing you see i know i have something inside me that needs to come out with music,  i found God i mean justin ...ha..ha,  and have started to use the practice routines but yesterday i spent a few hours working on chord changes which is or was coming on fine and dandy yet sore tips of fingers later,..!! found my chords are not ringing true today...? is it because my skin is not hard enough on the tips yet or is it a mental thing (i don't mean am i  mad...lol) is it what all players go through or is it just need to carry on practicing knowing that i will arrive. i am 42 is it my age  iam frustrated that i want to play all the time straight away trying to run before i can walk
DO WE ALL GO THROUGH THIS STARTING OUT PLEASE GIVE ME SOME TIPS (pardon the pun) cheers Dunk  :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 442
  • Teesside, North East England.

tanda

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 08:49:00 pm »
Hi Everyone.
                I have just started to learn the guitar, but my problem is, I am over weight, so I have a bit of a stomach on me, so where most people rest the guitar on their stomach, and look at the fret board, and place their fingers, I find, I cant see the fret board, so I have to tilt the bottom of the guitar up, so I can see where my fingers are going, this means, I have to bend my hand round more to reach the fret board, which is quite a strain on my wrist. Anyone got any tips for us large players,(Apart from loosing weight, which I am trying to do). Thanks.

tanda

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 06:49:51 pm »
Sorry, can someone delete this post, I have found a better place to post it, it is now here, thanks.

http://www.justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=16416.0

Get The Forum As A Mobile App