Hello and welcome to the forum. PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO READ THIS CAREFULLY - IT'S IMPORTANT.
As you may or may not know, everything here is FREE and Justin has very few rules except that he wants....
======== A POSITIVE ATTITUDE ========
The forum is a place for you to get help on your guitar journey, make friends and have fun. And in that respect the following rules are the most important and breaking them more than once will get you banned from the forum!
• No Personal Attacks
• No Flame Wars
• No Warez or promotion of such via links or similar
• No links/ads to commercial initiatives outside the Justinguitar.com realm (contact us for exceptions)
• No Trolling
• No Politics or Religion threads
• Profanity to be kept at a minimum and do not try to veil your profanity via special characters and such. If it reads to the average person as profanity no matter how you present it, consider yourself in violation and re-word your post.
======== Do's and Don'ts ==============
DO NOT post tabs or other copy written material.
DO NOT put your email in a post. It will just get you loads of spam.
DO NOT try to PM Justin, they are disabled and won't get through. Post on the forum or try facebook or twitter.
DO choose your username carefully, we do not allow it to be changed later.
DO help new people as you get better, remember we were all new once.
DO be careful meeting people in 'real life' you meet on forums.
======== The Moderators ==============
The moderators play an important role in the forum and deserve your respect. They are the people to contact if you have problems with account settings, technical problems or you feel that someone is not abiding by the "Positive Attitude" rules! There are "report to moderator" buttons on each post and you can also send them a PM (Private Message).
======== Before posting a new topic ======
Failure to follow the guidelines below may mean your post gets deleted.
• Please use the search facility before posting a new topic, it is quite likely that your question has been asked and answered before!
• Look at ALL the boards to find the appropriate section for your topic.
• Note that every lesson on justinguitar.com has a related topic on the forum, in the Lesson Specific board. If you don't find it right away, use the search function and look for the Lesson ID which will be something like TE-401.
• Once you find the correct forum, make your post count, most people (especially Justin) will ignore a post simply called "Help" or "How can I get my guitar to sound like Justin?". Keep things short and sweet. You need to be as specific as you can, something like "Justin's Guitar Tone in Little Wing" and then in the body "I have ( insert guitar here ) and ( insert amp here ) and need help getting the tone Justin get's in ( insert link to lesson here )." The more specific you are the better and more helpful the replies will be!
• Please avoid using excessive "internet shorthand" cos sum ppl find it hrd 2 fink wen lik dis. We understand there are languages barriers and everyone is more than happy to work around this. If English is not your first language then just do the best you can
• Failure to post in the correct area and/or make sensible posts will result in your posts being deleted.
======== Common FAQ and Tips =========
• Use "Show unread posts since last visit" to keep up with the latest threads. Just click those words located directly under your user name near top left of page.
• Where can I find the lesson on X-X-X-X ?? Lesson Index - http://www.justinguitar.com/en/AA-000-LessonIndex.php
• Song or lesson requests on boards other than the requests ones (including asking when the next part will be available) will most likely be deleted.
• Once an answer to a question has been incorporated into the text on the lesson on the web site the question will be deleted to keep things tidy, so don't be upset, your question helped make the site better!!
More 'official' terms and conditions of forum use are below. Please read them too.
Thanks again for joining our community and I hope you enjoy your time here,
***** OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE *****
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.