Author Topic: Beatles - All my loving (strumming)  (Read 3537 times)

Offline gretschduojet1

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Beatles - All my loving (strumming)
« on: August 11, 2007, 06:51:58 am »
Hey everyone, first time posting here. However, I have been watching and learning from justins videos for quite sometime now. I play alot of beatles tunes, but I've never been able to play one of my favorite songs which is "All My Loving". I don't know how to count out the strumming pattern that John Lennon does. I know the chords fairly well, but I just can't strum it. Even though I like to play beatles songs I seem to have trouble getting the strumming just like the album. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Offline bananajoe

• Arena Rocker
  • Germany
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 03:06:04 pm »
You mean that constant triplet strumming? I´d also like to know how to do that.
It would be great for a video lesson. Maybe we should write in the "song request" forum?
I used to walk 5 miles to school in 3 feet of snow!
Fender Telecaster 52 RI, Squier Telecaster, Martin OM-1, Washburn D-20, Marshall JTM-45, Laney LC-30, Cowbell

Offline Redrider

Re: Beatles - All my loving (strumming)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 04:22:35 pm »
Quote from: "gretschduojet1"
Hey everyone, first time posting here. However, I have been watching and learning from justins videos for quite sometime now. I play alot of beatles tunes, but I've never been able to play one of my favorite songs which is "All My Loving". I don't know how to count out the strumming pattern that John Lennon does. I know the chords fairly well, but I just can't strum it. Even though I like to play beatles songs I seem to have trouble getting the strumming just like the album. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Hi, I am a newbie, I love the beatles, Last week we went over to visit Liverpool, booked a trip with the National Trust to look around John's house and Paul's, it was awesome,  going back for the "Mathew Street festival" in a couple of weeks time (cancelled but we are still going).

I can't help you with the strumming pattern, but I was hoping you could help me?  My fav Beatles song is "Ballad of John and Yoko" could you help me out with that strumming pattern?

Thanks

Pete
f the world was Run my Musicians there would be peace throughout the world

Offline gretschduojet1

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 05:12:59 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Redrider that is awesome, going into John and Pauls house. I would love to visit liverpool someday and see the cavern club, and of course John and Pauls homes.

As for the strumming on "The Ballad of John And Yoko" it sounds to me that it's just a down up strum, and you would count it like "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and." Well, I hope this helps, and maybe Justin will be able to help us out with the triplets that John Lennon does on "All my Loving."

Offline Sam

• Bedroom Rocker
music theory
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 12:49:14 am »
meant to make a new topic sorry  :oops:
usic- Finally a programming language I can understand.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 109
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 08:21:37 am »
i though all my loving was just "normal" not triplets, but I don't have track in my itunes...

i played at the Cavern Club last year at Matthew St Festival, it was awesome, but I played xx--xx, had a bad cold and couldn't sing!!

Will try and do more beatles songs, cos they are awesome :)

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline koyoda

• School Prom Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:02 pm »
Quote from: "justinguitar"
Will try and do more beatles songs, cos they are awesome :)
J

That would be great! They are indeed awesome :)
Thanks Justin, and keep up the good work!
Equipment:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster
    (Pickups:
     Neck and middle: Tex-Mex
     Bridge: Seymour Duncan Stack Plus)
- Yamaha Pacifica 120SJ
- Marshall 6100 30th Anniversary Head into a Mesa 4x12 cab
- Čajavec GA102