Author Topic: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...  (Read 14765 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
Re: PLEASE PUT REVIEWS HERE - but not questions...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 05:41:50 pm »
Croos-tie - just make a new topic in this area - just not on this thread! Cheers, J.
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline LockSmithDon

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Really Useful Blues Solos
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 05:10:17 am »
Justin,

Yeah sure, I agree with the other positive comments about he promptness of delivery, how the pace is appropriate, and how it's nice that the difficulty increases with each song. But what motivated me to find this forum topic was to say something else.

These songs are really good - really well put together - I truly enjoy listening to them ... like in the car. And as I learn them, I feel like I'm really becoming an accomplished musician for the first time ever. I feel like I'm experiencing what each of these artist felt when they wrote them. It's incredible. I can't thank you enough for making this available.

I also appreciate all you publish for free. To thank you, I'll do what I can to make sure you can keep doing it. Thanks,

Don
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:17:20 am by LockSmithDon »

Offline simon3142

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Positive Vibrations: 4
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »
I have just started on the Solo Blues DVD3 after working through DVD1 & 2.

I really enjoyed using the DVDs and found the teaching style made it easy to learn the pieces - along with plenty of practice. A really great way of learning acoustic blues and building up a repertoire.

I put some of the pieces on youtube - not perfect yet but coming along.
http://www.youtube.com/user/simon3142
Gear: Aparicio AA30, Ibanez AS103, Simon&Patrick Woodland Mini Jumbo, Cube X20
Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/simon3142

Offline bobcstevens

The Blues box of 3 dvds is great
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 04:07:35 am »
I got the Blues Box of 3 dvds the other day and enjoy it very much. I have gotten thru the first blues riff, Walkin Easy Blues, and have added a few of my own blues picks to it. So Walkin Easy Blues is a little longer now by adding some new sound to my music. I'll work on the Steady Thumb Blues tomorrow. I watch the dvd from start to end before I start to play along. I have found the dvds to be educational and will continue to play as often as possible. I don't do all the fingerings as shown on the DVD but that's just the joy of learning and doing different things. We all do it different.

Offline SnapperDragon

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 11:04:35 pm »
Justin, as soon as I pay my credit card paid off in a week or so I am ordering the Blues Lead Guitar box set.  I actually have all 20 of the lessons on my iPod already but I wanted to make sure I helped support you and this site.  I can't express enough how useful I have found your lessons.  Top notch.

What impresses me is your ability to explain a concept and then to really drill into some of the finer details that are usually skipped over either by other instructors or some of the books that I have.  These important details make all the difference!!

Also, I find that these instructional videos are very valuable because I can always go back and review something down the road when I either forget or want to brush up.

I sure hope everyone that is able to afford this and finds this site useful is chipping in because I certainly want to see you and this site around for quite a while.

Now, if only you could offer digital downloads for pay...but I'll get by.

Keep up the good work.

Offline SnapperDragon

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:06 pm »
Ah, the heck with it.  I ordered it today.  One Blues Box set for across the pond.  Keep up the good work Justin and crew.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 04:26:36 pm »
Cheers dudes :) J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline dooley

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 12:38:25 am »
I like the way you put together these nice sounding acoustic blues tunes that I really enjoy to listen to and learn.  I did well with the walking easy blues blues.  The steady thumb deals with the issue I seem to have with fingerpicking - making thumb and fingers work separately.  I seem to want to pick a bass note with every melody note or neither. I'm just going to keep practicing. This site provides the best online lessons as far as I can tell though.

Offline pfizer

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 03:27:54 pm »
Finally got my own Solo Blues Box Set and I thought I'd do a review here  ;D

First off, the picture quality is very impressive -- the strings are very visible and the sound is very clear, no muffling or anything.

The instruction from Justin is the kicker as always and it's very, very good. He slows down the techniques and even has "play-along" sections for each of the pieces that come in slow, medium and at tempo speeds, which are probably the aspect that blew my mind the most. There's simply no reason not to be able to play the songs.

Another great thing is that Justin often offers invaluable advice on how to practice and nail each section of each piece, quite a ways off from the usual 'hey,here it is slow and now here it is fast, so just practice that okay?' type of instruction from most other guitar lesson DVDs. He gives genuinely helpful advice for problem areas that might be encountered by the viewer and addresses them in a very clear manner.

The songs themselves are great fun to play and a great addition to the repertoire, especially for people who want to get more comfortable with playing fingerstyle. Plus, they sound pretty darned cool as well  :)

The addition of the tabs is just the icing on the cake, although I personally don't need them just because most everything is already very well explained in the videos. Still, it means I can always look at them in case I forget a part, without having to load up the video.

I give this DVD series a perfect 5/5 score. I can't wait to get the RUST series as well as MMS soon  :D Well done, Justin, Jedi and everyone who helped!

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 03:18:31 pm »
Thanks for all the good vibes dudes :) really appreciate it.

Offline Fly4him17

• Myrtle Beach Church
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 09:37:27 pm »
I bought the three dvd set for Christmas and have now worked my way through the first 5 tunes. I give this DVD set the highest possible ratings. One thing I really appreciate about the series is that Justin teaches different techniques/rhythms in each song, so as you go through the series, you will have a whole set of blues techniques (eg. Gospel slide and contrary motion). I also like the length of the songs, it keeps them attainable.

These tunes haven't come easy for me however this weekend I noticed something that I think is a milestone in my playing. I am now able to add embellishments and bits of improv that i hear in my head quickly to Justin's tunes. These tunes have patterns and like Justin says in one of the dvds, i'm starting to mix and match licks, lengthen the intros, and add a third verse with measures that I've made up. It just clicked.

I'm convinced that Justin's structured method is really starting to pay off for me!

Though I'm not there yet, I feel like these dvds have not just taught me solo blues tunes, but are making me a blues player!

Thanks Justin!
Practice, Practice, Practice

Taylor 410ce
Takamine G Series

Offline ekkasitseo

• รับทำ seo
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 07:25:19 am »
Thanks All Posr

Offline phobkirk

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
    • Will Hobkirk - Youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 12:57:35 am »
This is an awesome DVD set, Justin is a natural teacher.

This is my son Will (aged 11) practicing a Blues Medley based on a few of the tunes on the DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-A-VBz1Z0

Many thanks Justin keep up the great work!

Paul

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 212
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 12:25:18 pm »
@ phobkirk
what better review than that!
sent you a pm.

Offline ambersmiths

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:19 am »
Thanks for the great info thanks for sharing..