Author Topic: Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's) acoustic cover  (Read 529 times)

Offline sabathiel

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 3
  • The Crown only fits my head hence I am King.
Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's) acoustic cover
« on: November 16, 2012, 09:22:38 am »
Introducing my newest guitar to my guitar collection the Mini Maton EML/6. My only complain doing this song is the breathing which is tricky because you need to take a deep breath at the beginning of each verse. Not so easy when you are somewhat an advanced beginner on guitar and singing at the same time. The deep breath is like an additional skill whilst singing and playing guitar. Often I was concentrating so much on the singing and remembering the lyrics that I forgot to take the deep breath or didn't take enough breath. Even when I did take a deep breath sometimes I ran out of breath by the end of the line. Anyway I thought I'd post me singing with my new baby guitar. BTW the original song is just one acoustic guitar and vocals:

http://youtu.be/fJKPEcRlES0
Gear:
Cole Clark FL2AC, Mini Maton EML/6, Maton EM425C (12 string), La Patrie Concert CW QI (classical guitar made by Godin), Fender Hau'oli (Tenor ukulele), Yamaha RBX-270-bass, Ibanez AEB10E-acoustic bass

Offline mike42

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 22
Re: Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's) acoustic cover
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:26:41 am »
Nice job on the cover. I learned this one a while back--sounds like such a simple song on the recording but there are plenty of little nuances to get down to make it sound just right.

Overall I enjoyed it. The only thing I noticed was that it sounded a little stiff at times. It seemed you were really trying to focus on both the singing and playing and parts of it were not quite as smooth as others. But that will happen with any song, especially a finger-picked one where there is more to think about, so I'm sure that if you simply keep on practicing it will work itself out.

Once again, good cover, and keep it up!

Offline newellob

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's) acoustic cover
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:15:13 am »
I agree with you a lot  sabathiel. The breathing was definitely the problem. But that is nothing practice cant help with. BTW, I love this song haha and i'm not just targeting your post on the forum. For some reason I've randomly clicked on the ones I read and seem interesting/I liked and they were from you haha.

Great video/song/cover.
Good job

God Bless You