Author Topic: Expanding on Aural Training  (Read 470 times)

Offline BGerhardt93

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Expanding on Aural Training
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:00:52 pm »
Justin! Your aural training section has truly truly done wonders for my guitar playing, or at least... my self esteem as a guitar player hahah. But I recently found a song that I love to death, but there are certain parts that are so fast, I'm having trouble figuring them out. I can't tell if it's sweep picking or taping or speed picking or this or that or another thing!

You'll find the song on youtube, titled "Children of the Elder God" by "Old Gods of Asgard". My request isn't for this song specifically, although that would be cool too hahah. It's more for a lesson in transcribing these kinda of really really fast licks/solos, maybe identifying what techniques are used to create the kind of sound I'm hearing. Thanks in advance! Keep up the amazing job!!!

P.S. If there IS  lesson on this I apologize! I looked in the Aural Training section, Arpeggios, Rock & Metal and Scales but was unable to find anything D:

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 71
Re: Expanding on Aural Training
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:29:24 pm »
Get yourself some software that slows down the music without changing the pitch and take Justin's
transcribing courses. Justin recommend software in his course but there are others as well.
http://justinguitar.com/en/TR-000-Transcribing.php