Author Topic: For the attention of the right hon. athiest Justin Sandercoe  (Read 8451 times)

Offline robbyd

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 0
For the attention of the right hon. athiest Justin Sandercoe
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 03:50:37 pm »
Quote from: "aging_bimbo"
Quote from: "robbyd"
right, let me tell you first of all im one of the most commited and well read athiests going...i mean im reading it at university for petes sake!

Can you get a degree in atheism these days? Might be worth going back to college for!

nah i'm reading morality of god and religious ethics under a philosophy degree
img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4655/floydeyecopy2st2.png[/img]

Online LievenDV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 84
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »
this item is already discussed in another thread .. really..

I hope I can wrap this one up fast

Offline Cozza

• Stadium Superstar
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 04:58:39 pm »
Quote from: "Lievendv"
this item is already discussed in another thread .. really..

I hope I can wrap this one up fast

In my opinion it's turned into more of an arguement  :roll:

Cara xx

Offline rimrunner

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 08:42:26 am »
has not!  :twisted:

Offline Trish

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
    • http://www.myspace.com/nepatrish
Re: For the attention of the right hon. athiest Justin Sande
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 11:32:20 pm »
I was having a little browse around the gold mine we call the site when something came to my attention and made me smile....this certain statement mostly, but not for reason's you'd expect.

While GWB continues to cite god as inspiration for war my statement stands. If christianity is about peace then where does he get stuff like this from?

apart from the whole thing on that page making me grin in appreciation of such articulate and well grounded moral arguement from the athiest perspective (kudos on that) i noticed one word that was slightly telling.

god

up until now i thought i was the only one to do this, even in exams and college work (i take Religious studies).
I personally believe that god is something brought about by the human mind failing to cope with its own material being. In short I believe god does not exist.
However, my main point is in the way you write the word god. No capital letter there. Big deal? well kinda. If you were to put a capital in front of god then it would imply that he is an object or a proper noun. However, if i believe god does not exist then why should i recognise him as an object or as having a state of being?

Its one of those small things i always do, and up till now i havn't come across anyone else doing it. It's hardly groundbreaking but i find it quite interesting.

Is this a typo or a concious effort? I hope the latter  :D

Rob

i should just let this thread die, but........

robbyd, if god with a lowercase g is so meaningful to you, then why do you capitalize the R in religious studies but not the s?  

just curious.
guitar playing zombie nurse from uranus.

Gretsch black falcon/1995 MIJ Fender Stratocaster/30 w. Vox amp/Aria Dreadnought acoustic/Yamaha bass/Ibanez bass/100w Ampeg bass amp.

Offline robbyd

• School Prom Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 12:11:20 am »
Quote from: "Trish"
I was having a little browse around the gold mine we call the site when something came to my attention and made me smile....this certain statement mostly, but not for reason's you'd expect.

While GWB continues to cite god as inspiration for war my statement stands. If christianity is about peace then where does he get stuff like this from?

apart from the whole thing on that page making me grin in appreciation of such articulate and well grounded moral arguement from the athiest perspective (kudos on that) i noticed one word that was slightly telling.

god

up until now i thought i was the only one to do this, even in exams and college work (i take Religious studies).
I personally believe that god is something brought about by the human mind failing to cope with its own material being. In short I believe god does not exist.
However, my main point is in the way you write the word god. No capital letter there. Big deal? well kinda. If you were to put a capital in front of god then it would imply that he is an object or a proper noun. However, if i believe god does not exist then why should i recognise him as an object or as having a state of being?

Its one of those small things i always do, and up till now i havn't come across anyone else doing it. It's hardly groundbreaking but i find it quite interesting.

Rob

i should just let this thread die, but........

robbyd, if god with a lowercase g is so meaningful to you, then why do you capitalize the R in religious studies but not the s?  

just curious.

the whole thing should be capitalised, its a subject after all. But i put it down to lazyness  :D
img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4655/floydeyecopy2st2.png[/img]

Offline legally_insane

• School Prom Hero
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 09:01:53 am »

Rob

Its not bieng bothered to strech your hand to the shift button  :P .

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 110
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 04:46:18 pm »
this thread went a bit xx--xx - a rather large dose of intolerance breeding here...

yes *god* was deliberately not capitalised - but sometimes i don't bother with caps at all out of laziness - but in the case it was deliberate.

ROB - I hope you have seen the George Carlin video on religion. That for me sums up all the reasons to be an atheist in one 5 minute very funny clip.

take care

j
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 110
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 09:18:31 pm »
and this is the other reason... I just got this sent to me by email.

What a lovely, caring, compassionate, thoughtful, kind and generous christian this person is:

Sorry to hear about your hatred toward Christianity, there will be a day you will see the light. GWB does NOT represent Christianity.  You need to get in touch with reality, there is evil in this world, to ignore evil does not mean it will go away. See michaelsavage.com, you will see the animals that live in the middle east and the Palestinians dancing in the streets on 9/11/01. I remember when those planes hit world trade center, and my friends were killed. You simply do not have a clue! I do not believe in revenge, I do believe in methods to rid the world of dangerous people, those who refuse to live in peace or hurt and kill people who are no threat to them.

I am a Christian, you can mess with me, but don't mess with those I love, the defenseless, or children. Muslims are taught to hate and kill by Muhammed, Christians are taught to love all.  My goal is to let everyone know the love of Christ before they leave this earth, whether it be by the hand of nature, man, or me.  I want to live and let live, but if a killer is roaming the streets, I'm not going to run and hide.  David beat Goliath, sometimes the head of the beast must be removed.

Christians aren't afraid of standing up for what is right, unlike the cowards and peace protesters, I dare them and you if you're one, to go protest the Muslims in their country, or should I call them so-called liberators. Go to Iran and protest the shipping of arms into Iraq, go protest using young teenagers as suicide bombers.  Go protest wrapping up women in burkas, go protest the inequality of women. Where are all the women's rights groups? See how fast you all shut up when confronted by real danger, you protest in Christian nations, because you know we won't hurt you. You do nothing but incite the killing of millions of innocent people.  You face up to Christians because you know where not supposed to beat your ass, be careful one might backslide.  God knows we are only human.  You shout from behind the safety of the walls we put up for you.  I do not think that many of them actually hate the Christians, God said he will make our enemies live at peace with us, however the evil that lies within our walls from atheists like you, is what's destroying God fearing nations. The radical Muslims hate people like you, go play your music and live your life in front of them. The gays, and lesbians, the drug users, the feminist activists, and the freaky musicians are the ones they really hate. It's your kind that we protect, it's your kind they hate, and you are too ignorant to realize it. Go to the frontline you who love peace with your head in the sand. Hey if your tactics work then I'll admit I was wrong for sending you this nasty-gram, and I'll pray that I could walk up to a natural enemy killer peacefully, extend my hand, and my heart to them, and have the faith they won't stab it. The difference between you and me is I have faith in God, the one who will bring to earth the kind of peace you think you can achieve without him.  There will be a final stand one day between the God of Heaven and the evil one(your god) you will hopefully make the choice to serve God the creater of heaven and earth, before that day comes. We can see the kind of peace most humans want, we cannot have it until the evil has been finally conquered.  Mohammed hated Jews and Christians, you can't base a real faith on hatred. It's the hedonistic life style of the west they hate, and do not want to see it spread over there. But basically they hate those of God period. Get on the right team! If you don't, well you've been warned.

I'm not even going to try and rebut it again here... but... i mean... i just can't go there...
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline SilverStrat

• School Prom Hero
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 09:30:21 pm »
"There will be a final stand one day between the God of Heaven and the evil one(your god)"

Sounds like a scene from a summer blockbuster.
ay Jim!!! That is a Baaaaaaaaaaaad Outfit!!

Offline Trish

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
    • http://www.myspace.com/nepatrish
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 09:39:39 pm »
someone missed his meds.
guitar playing zombie nurse from uranus.

Gretsch black falcon/1995 MIJ Fender Stratocaster/30 w. Vox amp/Aria Dreadnought acoustic/Yamaha bass/Ibanez bass/100w Ampeg bass amp.

Offline Cozza

• Stadium Superstar
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 11:07:01 pm »
Quote from: "justinguitar"
Sorry to hear about your hatred toward Christianity, there will be a day you will see the light. GWB does NOT represent Christianity.  You need to get in touch with reality, there is evil in this world, to ignore evil does not mean it will go away.

True

Palestinians dancing in the streets on 9/11/01. I remember when those planes hit world trade center, and my friends were killed. You simply do not have a clue! I do not believe in revenge, I do believe in methods to rid the world of dangerous people, those who refuse to live in peace or hurt and kill people who are no threat to them.

That is not what Peace is about!

Muslims are taught to hate and kill by Muhammed, Christians are taught to love all.  My goal is to let everyone know the love of Christ before they leave this earth, whether it be by the hand of nature, man, or me.  I want to live and let live, but if a killer is roaming the streets, I'm not going to run and hide.  David beat Goliath, sometimes the head of the beast must be removed.

That's 100% racism. Fair enough, there are evil people, wicked cruel horrid minded people but not all are brought up to be like that.

Christians aren't afraid of standing up for what is right, unlike the cowards and peace protesters, I dare them and you if you're one, to go protest the Muslims in their country, or should I call them so-called liberators. Go to Iran and protest the shipping of arms into Iraq, go protest using young teenagers as suicide bombers.  Go protest wrapping up women in burkas, go protest the inequality of women. Where are all the women's rights groups? See how fast you all shut up when confronted by real danger, you protest in Christian nations, because you know we won't hurt you. You do nothing but incite the killing of millions of innocent people.  

How can you honestly call yourself a Christian if you let hate just roll out from your tongue? You don't have to be Christian to be able to tell whats right and whats wrong. You can't be Christian and critise people. Not all Christians protest. We don't all act like warriors. Saying "we wont hurt you" is like a murderer saying "I wont kill you". Are you for once, dear Christian, telling me Atheists are responsible for the killing? Where is your heart? Where is your soul? Where is your inner peace?

You face up to Christians because you know we're not supposed to beat your ass, be careful one might backslide.
You are not Christian to say that!

God knows we are only human.  
Duh, God created us

You shout from behind the safety of the walls we put up for you.  I do not think that many of them actually hate the Christians, God said he will make our enemies live at peace with us, however the evil that lies within our walls from atheists like you, is what's destroying God fearing nations.

My dear "Christian", it is people like you who make enemies. Who make war. Who makes this "We want peace" hope a lie. God loves his people, whether it be black, white, male, female, young, old, Muslim, Christian, Atheist... Jesus died to save us. Spread the word- live in peace and show your God peace-loving nature.

The radical Muslims hate people like you, go play your music and live your life in front of them. The gays, and lesbians, the drug users, the feminist activists, and the freaky musicians are the ones they really hate. It's your kind that we protect, it's your kind they hate, and you are too ignorant to realize it.  

There are Chistian musicians too, by the way. There are many Christians who take drugs, smoke, drink, kill... you are stereotyping, you are being ignornant, you are being rude, racist... may I go on? You are betraying our Father, for not showing our peace and love he gave us.

Go to the frontline you who love peace with your head in the sand. Hey if your tactics work then I'll admit I was wrong for sending you this nasty-gram, and I'll pray that I could walk up to a natural enemy killer peacefully, extend my hand, and my heart to them, and have the faith they won't stab it.

I can answer God's prayer for you here, he will laugh and point down at you. You betrayed me and my son, you are not living up to your name as Christian
in many ways.

The difference between you and me is I have faith in God, the one who will bring to earth the kind of peace you think you can achieve without him.

Prove to me that Justin doesn't bring peace. He helps his friends, he knows what is right and wrong, he loves everyone... he is kind... just like our Father... just because he doesnt believe it doesnt make him our enemy. Make peace, not war!

There will be a final stand one day between the God of Heaven and the evil one(your god)
Are you for a second there saying Atheists worship the Devil?!?! They don't have Gods. They believe in themselves to bring whats right for them and those around them....

You will hopefully make the choice to serve God the creater of heaven and earth, before that day comes. We can see the kind of peace most humans want, we cannot have it until the evil has been finally conquered.  

What, you? You're the f*c*ing evil here, dear "Christian". Being Christian myself, I don't think I'd want to join your "precious group" :evil: I, like my friend Justin, stands up for what is right and wrong, loves each other and brings peace to all they can.

You betrayed our Father. You are a disgrace. Really. How you could say that makes my blood boil inside... it brings a tear to my eye to read such hate anc cruelty from a so- called Christian like myself. Maybe you should take the survey again, for you are no Christian in the "family" of mine. Go kiss the Devil's ass...

[/quote]

Offline DeadlyChicken

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 22
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 04:24:28 am »
LOL someone needs to tell that bloke who sent Justin the email that

The God that th Christians are talking about ( the one with Jesus and all that gubbins ) is in fact the exact same God that Muslims talk about.  Jesus is the offspring of mary and Allah ( although Allah didnt actaully need to get down and dirty with MAry )   They are in fact the exact same religion.

And if Muslims are taught to kill and destroy and Christians are taught to love everyone.

Then how come it was the Christian led US of A that did all the invading ?

my thoughts on Atheism can be boiled down and simplified thus.

If when I die I go to Heavens gates  and ther eis God there waiting for me and he looks at his list and goes .. hmmm let me see .. never christened eh ? never baptised ? didn't do a lot of praying cept for when people you loved were dying or in a bad way/situation.  nah, you can xx--xx off we dont want your sort in here.

Then I don't want any part of his kingdom, because its clearly completely ego relat4ed,

If God has that big an ego he can take his heaven and stuff it up his/her arse ;)

otherwise if in fact there is a God and he IS all forgiving and all that, then he would let me in no matter if I am Christian/ Muslim / Jewish, as long as the choices I made along the way were thoughtful of others.

There is and and always was one single reason behind Religions.

Power.
Gear:~
Electric
Epiphone Les Paul Std, Fender MIM Strat, Gherson SG copy
Amps
Roland Cube 30X, V Amp pro, Marshall DSL401
Acoustic
Ashton SL29CEQ, Fender Malibu SCE
FX
TU-2, crybaby JH-1b, DS-2, EH Stereo Memory Man w Hazarai

Offline Chyrisse

• Bedroom Rocker
    • http://hometown.aol.com/chyrisse/myhomepage/
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 05:12:47 am »
I do not think that many of them actually hate the Christians, God said he will make our enemies live at peace with us, however the evil that lies within our walls from atheists like you, is what's destroying God fearing nations. The radical Muslims hate people like you, go play your music and live your life in front of them. The gays, and lesbians, the drug users, the feminist activists, and the freaky musicians are the ones they really hate.

Oh, man...I can just feel the LOVE after reading this text written by a Christian....LOL.  Why do they act so judgmental, hostile, and downright mental?  

I'm so glad I was raised without belief in a god (yes, I'm using lowercase).

When science and reason flourish, we have enlightenment!  When religion flourishes, we have the "Dark Ages."  :cry:

Offline legally_insane

• School Prom Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 07:17:32 am »
Quote from: "Cozza"

That's 100% racism. Fair enough, there are evil people, wicked cruel horrid minded people but not all are brought up to be like that.

You’re a hypocrite. First you tell that guy his racist then you go be racist yourself. And you just contradict with yourself by stating that Muslims are wicked people but then you said they are not all like that. If Islam is a “wicked" religion then surely there can be no good people amongst them. You don’t judge a religion on the followers, if I was to judge Christianity on its followers I would say that Christians hurt themselves to suffer like Christ when I know that only a small minority of them do that. I’m not from either religion but I know not to be fooled by the media like you clearly have.