Author Topic: Crafter SA  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Happy Jack

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 15
    • http://www.highlanedtc.co.uk
Crafter SA
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:00:47 pm »
Anyone got one or know of one for sale - the lipstick pick up model in Bubinga, Rosewood or Tiger Flame Maple?
Fender CP 50s Strat, CP Baja Tele & USA '89 Plus Deluxe Strat, Rees Custom, Schector PT, G&L Trib. ASAT S/H & Legacy, G&L USA ASAT, Godin Summit, Vintage V100, PRS SE II &  Custom S/H Soapbar, Blackstar HT5, Fender Superchamp, Laney Cub10, Egnator Tweaker

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
Re: Crafter SA
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:25:33 pm »
Nice looking guitar that, fella.......... Wouldn't mind a tinkle on one of those to see how they played.

What turned you onto these? ........ Get to play one? ......... or curiosity getting the better of yer?  ;D

Offline Happy Jack

• Stadium Superstar
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:00:31 pm »
Nice looking guitar that, fella.......... Wouldn't mind a tinkle on one of those to see how they played.

What turned you onto these? ........ Get to play one? ......... or curiosity getting the better of yer?  ;D

No never played one - but I always fancied one but kept ending up getting summat else - was getting one got a Vintage Rick copy ... was getting one got a Cort SFX5 ... was getting one got a Vintage 335alike

I should stick with what was gonna get FFS. I just want a thin bodied acoustic but not with a huge body 335alike.

I suppose I want a thin bodied guitar louder unplugged than a solid body but not a full blown acoustic (my big beer belly can't cope with fat guitars) type thing
Fender CP 50s Strat, CP Baja Tele & USA '89 Plus Deluxe Strat, Rees Custom, Schector PT, G&L Trib. ASAT S/H & Legacy, G&L USA ASAT, Godin Summit, Vintage V100, PRS SE II &  Custom S/H Soapbar, Blackstar HT5, Fender Superchamp, Laney Cub10, Egnator Tweaker

Offline Happy Jack

• Stadium Superstar
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 11:18:37 pm »
Thanks got one now

Offline Wishbone

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 105
  • Scouse B'Stard
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:09:33 am »
Yeah....... know that feeling ...... always wanted that acoustic ..... and always ended up with that electric instead.......

Let us know how that plays for yer, Jack ;)

Offline Robiniho

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 10:54:05 am »
How you getting on with the SA HP, how do you find it unplugged too please?
Cheers, Rob..

Offline Happy Jack

• Stadium Superstar
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »
How you getting on with the SA HP, how do you find it unplugged too please?
Cheers, Rob..

Very very nice - the book matching is as good as I have seen on any guitar and overall the quality is very good. Very nice neck more acoustic than electric. Very well made for the money

To get the best out of it you need an acoustic amp but it does sound really nice through my litte Vox Pathfinder 10.

Played un-plugged it isn't a great deal louder than an electric - it is a little but not much - it is loud enough for late night practice though

Offline Robiniho

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:15:07 pm »
Nice thanks for the reply, might be just what I'm looking for..I've heard them and seen em on the tube and read the reviews but there's nowhere I know that I can try one so I might to just go for it.

I have my electric and I also use a semi hollow bodied Columbus for quiet practice time, I like the sound of acoustics but can do without the volume. The Columbus isn't too far off the knackers yard I think or at least I'm not prepared to put much more into it, the SA looks like an ideal replacement with added features, thanks for that very helpful  8)