Author Topic: Suggestiion for Speed Upper  (Read 1197 times)

Offline vsuttle

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Suggestiion for Speed Upper
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:10:15 am »
Hi, I really like using this app!  One thing that I really would like to see in a future version is the ability to customise the Speed Upper a bit more.  The sort of thing I would like to be able to do is:

1. Set the start tempo
  2. Set the end tempo
  3. Set the size of each increment step
  4. Set how long to stay on each tempo - either as a time duration or number of measures
  5. Have a choice of action when it reaches the end tempo. For instance, stop, continue at that tempo or go back the starting speed and repeat.

It would be really nice as well if there was a different sound (bell ?) on the beat that the speed increased.

Vince

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 111
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Suggestiion for Speed Upper
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 02:29:40 pm »
This is on the "to explore" list :) few people have asked and we'll be releasing another update later this year!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline king.wiemann

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Suggestiion for Speed Upper
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 06:29:27 pm »
Having just watched the video about the metronome app, I was confused by the Speed Upper.  It appeared to be a steady increase in tempo - the time between each beat was progressively shortened to get to the final tempo from the first tempo.  I would think that a more appropriate (but perhaps harder method to implement) way of increasing the tempo would be do to it on measure boundaries.  If I want to practice a difficult routine that is, say, 3 measures long, I would want to do those three measures at the start tempo, then have the metronome increase the tempo for the next time through the 3 measures, etc.. 

If I wanted to get really fancy (actually, if I were to ask you to get really fancy), I would offer the ability to repeat those 3 measures a specific number of times before increasing the tempo to the next interval.

And, really, really fancy would be to increase the tempo at some non-uniform and random amount (2 BPM this time, 10 BPM next time) and perhaps, sometimes decrease the tempo before stepping up again.

I'm an Android user - I've seen you say that you aren't making updates to that version until it pays for itself - so I'm not holding out hope that I'll see it any time soon.  But, perhaps you could work out the kinks on the Apple version and I might see the benefits a little sooner on Android? 

Anyway - really neat app - keep up the good work.  And, BTW - cool hat in the video!