Author Topic: GG-013 • Do Expensive Guitar Cables Sound Better?  (Read 3672 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
GG-013 • Do Expensive Guitar Cables Sound Better?
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:26:19 pm »
Lesson Link:

Answers:

Cable A:  Evidence Audio
Cable B:  Free el Cheapo
Cable C:  Cordial Roadline
Cable D:  Pete Cornish
Cable E:  George L's
Cable F:  Home Made (Van Damme / Neutrik)

Questions?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:24:05 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline TB-AV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 245
Re: GG-013 • Do Expensive Guitar Cables Sound Better?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:42:23 pm »
Specific "Questions" only about the lesson please.

See this thread for all else. http://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=30270.0
TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk©

Offline Hippie Dave

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
Re: GG-013 • Do Expensive Guitar Cables Sound Better?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:59:07 am »
Hi, My opinion is cables E & F sounded best to me. Particular differences showed up for the arpeggiated notes for me this is where E& F showed up best.

I have a tip passed on to me by a Hi-Fi tech who also played guitar in a Greek Bar Band for a few seasons.
Tip : use the best quality Mic cable with shielding. Use two of the cores/wires to carry the signal, one soldered to the tip of the jack one to the shaft Also at the jack plug one end solder the braided screen to the shaft terminal. Do not do the same the other end. This is a directional lead, put a bit of coloured tape or heat shrink on the end that the braid has been attached this is the end to put in the guitar or signal source.
I tried it and got a  good tone with little noise. I used Van Damme Cable bought from Maplins, the tech guy was using Neglex 2534 Microphone Cable made by Mogami (Japan)
Also agree with use of Neutrik jack plugs also recommended by this Linn & Naimm tech, I find these at RS Elecronics in the UK