Author Topic: TR-107 • More Pentatonics  (Read 3768 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
TR-107 • More Pentatonics
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:33:23 am »
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:04:20 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline SlyPopenski

• Positive Vibrations: 1
Re: TR-107 • More Pentatonics
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 01:11:24 pm »
Suggestion : It would be nice in the future to also have the rhythm tracks to play along, for the longer exercises, like 107-E & F.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:06:14 pm »
Answers added and I have no idea why 107-D wasn't available for download, it should have been from the start... it is now :)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline rebetis

• Positive Vibrations: 0
TR-107-PLUS: mistake in answer sheet?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:11:05 am »
i dont know, somehow i have the feeling there is a mistake in the answer sheet for the TR-107-PLUS.

[mod edit - font size reduced the font size to avoid any spoilers ... click on quote if you want to read the section I have made tiny]

In the last bar of #107-E I always hear: 10 (c) 8 (eb) 9 (e) 8 (c) 11 (bb) instead of 10 8 9 8 10 8 11.

In the second last bar of #107-F I hear: 12 (g) 14 (a) 15 ... and not 14 (a) 12 (g) ...

[mod edit - end of font reduction]

maybe i'm just deaf, but maybe i'm right ...

apart from this, the sites is just excellent.

rebetis
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:24:11 am by close2u »

Offline rodri

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 07:37:31 pm »
I really feel like I'm improving, especially i´m much quicker at this by now. I'm still having troubles with the lower notes.

I'd like to ask if anyone else is having trouble with the third triplet of D: after checking the answer I still can't hear what i'm suppose to :s

Offline sophiehiker

• Transcribing Beta Testers
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »

@rodri,  I was able to get the Third triplet in TR-107D per the answer sheet.  (I got a lot of notes in the wrong position, but that triplet I got right.  :) )   The triplets were hard for me because I can get the rhythm right with the wrong notes and it sounds pretty good.

I don't have 107-plus, so I can't help there.
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline slf21

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »
This course is fabulous, and I too am making progress and as soon as my current cash crisis passes have every intention of paying for it, but yes I agree, i'm trusting my ears  ;) and i'm confident you're right that there's a typo on the PDF for the 3rd bar of 107D, to my ears there's definitely no triplet there, it stays on the 4th string 8th fret (bflat) for a single beat note.  Maybe i'm wrong and I'm not doing as well as I think, but I got everything else in this page spot on so as Justin says, Trust Your Ears!  ;D

I really feel like I'm improving, especially i´m much quicker at this by now. I'm still having troubles with the lower notes.

I'd like to ask if anyone else is having trouble with the third triplet of D: after checking the answer I still can't hear what i'm suppose to :s

Offline 8042nick

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 11:44:42 pm »
can someone tell me i am trying to find the beginning free lessons from the beginners transcribing course.

where are they i cant find them anywhere can it there a place where all the initial free transcribing lessons are kept  which i take take first before moving onto the paid ones will u keep adding to them

can someone or justin email or message me

thanks

nick

Offline sophiehiker

• Transcribing Beta Testers
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 11:57:41 am »
Did you find them?  You can start here...

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TR-000-Transcribing.php
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline Mafiu

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 04:41:21 pm »
Isn't at 107C mistake in answer sheet just in intro? I swear I hear 2nd note semitone lower than there is.

Offline mark767

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 10:43:38 pm »
107D just killed me.  I was doing so well on all of the other lessons getting the either perfect or just 1 or 2 mistakes.  I think I got 40% of the notes wrong on this one.  After a week of work I finally figured out the correct key but still had a lot of problems with the notes at the end of the first line and the middle of the second.  Oh well, I guess that's why we are practicing this stuff.  On to 108 now.

Offline ericgottlieb

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 05:39:54 am »

I was having a tough time too with that part so I broke that last part down in D note by note.  I tried my best and checked my work a bunch.  Thankfully I got all the notes right in that last bit. lower notes are  gong to be harder to listen out for then those higher.