Author Topic: CS-003 • Need Your Love So Bad - Peter Green  (Read 4703 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 111
    • justinguitar.com
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline RiseAgainst

• Good Vibes 1
Re: CS-003 • Need Your Love So Bad - Peter Green
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:09:58 pm »
At 6:53 (and other moments around that time) Justin does the 1 1/2 step bend and you can hear the upper string (the D-string) as a click... like the string slipped below the bent 3rd string.
This is a major ptoblem that I have with 1 and 1 1/2 step bends... and also he doesnt cover the top strings with his thumb or anything. Can and should you care to avoid that string clicking? It happens to me also when I do this classic blues riff where you bend the third string 1 step up and then play the top two strings, eg. bend the 5th to the 7th on the G string and then play 5 fret on B string and 5 fret on e string...

Offline Gozo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »
Hi Justin!
Great lesson and a wonderful track.  Trying hard to get to sound right!!  :P
However you confused me a bit by saying that you were starting on 9th fret, but played 11th fret!!
You checking to see if we're awake!!
Thanks for all you stuff - VERY much appreciated!  :)

Offline Jambopete63

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 02:11:12 pm »
Hi Justin,

Finally got round to attacking this quite amazing solo yesterday. I must have spent longer on transcribing this one than I did Crossroads as I wanted to make sure the tabs corresponded exactly with the beats in the bar, cross-referencing all the time to the original on youtube - not easy!

The two questions I have for you are as follows:

1) At the end of the 2nd bar (beat 12) you play fret 9 on the G string with your 1st finger then change to 2nd finger to slide up to fret 11. I have found it easier to play both with the 2nd finger - is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

2) There's a small lick starting at the end of bar 5 when you shift from the F#Min to Bmin where you pluck fret 10 on the G string and hammer on to fret 12. I have listened to PG over and over and it seems to me that he is actually plucking fret 12. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part as my hammer-ons ain't too clever but would be grateful if you could confirm it is a hammer-on?

Many thanks

Peter

Offline ronetta

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »
My 1st post. Complete beginner-I know I should start at the beginners course but..- This track got to me & I am determined to learn it!
GOZO; I can't see where Justin started at the 11th fret instead of the 9th.
JAMBO; I also find it easier to use my second finger on fret 9~11th. Is this wrong?

My Q: Is Justin doing the the original version or his own interpretation. In the tab book "in session with Peter Green" (4th lick) it has 11 10 11 13bend 13semi 10. So,I'm not sure which to follow.Doh.
Confession:Never heard of P.Green 'til this month. Now a big admirer,thanks to Justin & that grandmamary lady.

You are all marvelous & generous people for helping us. I hope we don't give up within the next month. So much easier not to do things!
Love that grandmamarys take. Wonder if she follows Justin.
x

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 218
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 05:19:58 pm »
My 1st post. Complete beginner-I know I should start at the beginners course but..- This track got to me & I am determined to learn it!

I admire your ambition ... you need to follow the beginner's course to have a chance of learning anything properly and fully and making the best progress

:)

Offline ronetta

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:18:31 pm »
Have the book/dvd ( for a while). Now have my goal. Hope I will still be posting at christmas, my reward will be a very nice gift.
Take care.