Author Topic: Happy Transcriber!!  (Read 2653 times)

Offline curemat

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Happy Transcriber!!
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:50:53 am »
Well im happy so far with Really Useful Blues Solos.

I worked on the Rhythm part first and nailed it straight away, took about 40mins to fully get it and tab it out.

Today i have moved on to the solo part. There were a few hicups along the way, however im pleased with my results - i think nailed about 70 per cent of the tab, thanks to using Transcribe. I think its time to have a rest and maybe go through it again and check out where i have gone wrong.

Im glad i stuck with it though.

Before i move on i might master this one first.

Cheers Justin :)

Offline curemat

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: Happy Transcriber!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:26:20 am »
Well ive been working on mastering the Albert King solo since the 15th Jan when i transcribed it and have spent about 50 mins doing this, I feel very comfortable playing it now and have looked at all the notes in the peice (not sure what Justin means by finding the chord tones, i will have to work this one out).

I have also broken the song into licks as Justin recommends. I am interested in others who have done this course to see how many licks they got out of the Albert King Solo, I got 13 in total.

Cheers

Offline Dr Winterbourne

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 21
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:49:33 pm »
I havent used that specific DVD, but finding the chord tones means to look at the chord underlying the solo, and notice when  the specific notes from that chord are being played = so, for a major chord, notice when the root, the 3rd or the 5th are being played by the soloist.

Justin talks about the same thing in the Master the Major Scale DVD, which Im currently doing, and he says that as you play the scale you should notice when you hit one of these scale tones. At first I didnt get it, but since Ive started doing it the way the scale fits around the chord shape in each of the positions becomes much more obvious.

So, if he says to do it, I reckon doing it will probably lead you towards noticing something worth noticing.
Squier Custom II Telecaster, Vox AC4, Vox Wah, Bad Monkey overdrive,Metal Zone,  Mooer Echo, Ditto looper, bashed-up acoustic, Washburn 12 string, Keyser and Shubb capos, picks, Voodoo Labs PP2

Offline curemat

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:07:45 pm »
Cheers Winterbourne,

I will have to go back and check my Major Scale DVD and theory book. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Curemat

Offline curemat

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 01:18:37 am »
Started the Eric Clapton Rhythm section today. Worked it out almost straight away and have just been playing over the track. All up Rhythm section took about 20mins to get down. I think using the Blues Rhythm course online here has helped with that one.

Next the solo. I think this might take more time.

Offline curemat

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 03:58:07 am »
Having a bad back sucks!! I have put the guitar down for 4 weeks now and i have missed playing.

Straight back into Transribing and a little rusty, however I feel like I have done alright with a break. Still having issues with the right note on the wrong string, however I am a lot quicker at transcribing.

First 4 bars done in about 1hr with a few mistakes.

Onwards & Upwards!!

Offline curemat

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 07:49:37 am »
Well the first half of Eric Clapton Solo was straight forward and once I had to move past the 12th Fret my transcribing became a bit sloppy. Looked at the areas that i had made mistakes and went throught them again and am happy with my results.

All up I think that I nailed about 70-80% of the transcription.

The Eric Clapton took about 3 sessions - so about 4hrs I think.

Although my transcription might not be the best, i am getting the hang of it.