Author Topic: Sally Cinnamon (an acoustic youtube cover)  (Read 510 times)

Offline kevish

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
Sally Cinnamon (an acoustic youtube cover)
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:02:22 pm »
Ok, my first post on here! There's a guy on youtube (ffonisin or something simillar) does a wicked acoustic cover of this tune, playing it using the chords g, cadd9 and d, but we (a freind and I) just cannot nail the strumming properly, and also the parts where the chords are strummed rapidly!

Our usual friday night topic involves the conversation "Imagine if justin did this one!!"

Twas was just a thought, and anyway this is a top site, and the lessons have helped a tone deaf lad make some half decent sounds on a guitar, so thanks for that...

Offline joshs

• Arena Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 19
Re: Sally Cinnamon (an acoustic youtube cover)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 05:33:20 pm »
Seems like a great song to learn, hope you get your wish. Three easy chords! Even an exotic yet easy to finger chord (oh, I will not let myself pun on that). Meantime keep trying with the rhythm, it's not too bad. Take it slow. Start with a simplified version then add in the quick parts when you're more comfortable. Watch his right hand carefully. Learn small sections at a time. Play with a metronome and start slower than the original. Try to download an mp3 version if you can so you can slow it down and play along.

Offline kevish

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
Re: Sally Cinnamon (an acoustic youtube cover)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »
Thanks for that! As you say, slowly is the way foward, we're making hard work of a 3 chord tune tho!! ;D