Author Topic: Slide...  (Read 1109 times)

Offline bigdawg

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
Slide...
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »
there seems to be a huge hole in lessons when it comes to slide - a beginners slide tutorial would be fantastic..

Offline Wasp

• Positive Vibrations: 1
Re: Slide...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:06:34 pm »
I know exactly what you mean. 

It would be organic if someone gave a lesson on how to use a slide (not a lap guitar like Ben Harper's) and how to apply it to a simple solo without having to have some unusable alternate tuning action happening.

Thanks in advance for helping us non-sliding folk out!!!!

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 82
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »
In one of his video's, Justin states that he isn't that good at playing slide and for now, he won't be doing any lessons on it.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 109
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
Lieven  is right here guys. I'm just not much good at playing slide guitar, I can kind of laugh a few things, so I might be in order for someone into thinking that I was okay at, but I know the truth, and I'd just rather stick to things that I feel confident with.

however, I do love slide guitar, and at some stage I'd really like to spend some time practising it myself, and then, and probably only then, will I do a series of lessons on it!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss