Author Topic: OK to Incorporate early?  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Elemeno P

• Positive Vibrations: 0
OK to Incorporate early?
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:19 pm »
Currently on Stage 3 (great site btw), is it OK to dabble in this at this stage or wait a while?

Metalhead here and I want to stay true to the schedule, but my hands want to jam once in a while.

I do want to be a complete player, so I don't want to stray too much.

Just wanted some thoughts.

Thanks!!!!

Offline mouser9169

• Arena Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 25
Re: OK to Incorporate early?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:28:19 am »
Lol, my first thought when I read the title was setting up a business entity...

Always feel free to jam a bit. If you forget to have fun, you won't learn nearly as much as you would otherwise, and are far more likely to burn out or just give up on it. I've been guilty of this mistake more than once in my life.

You'll be better off taking one lesson "out of order" and otherwise sticking to the program than you will just blindly following the practice/lesson schedule and hating it. Just be prepared to "relearn" that lesson or technique when it comes up again normally.
When you can play all the right notes, at exactly the right times, then you can begin to learn the lick-Jerry Portnoy

We don't want to strum a C chord for the whole 2 bars, because it doesn't have enough color,
and besides it sounds corny-Micky Baker

Offline TB-AV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 245
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:22:42 am »
I'm not sure what you mean by incorporate early or what context you mean but yes, by all means have fun.

Just be sure you get all your basics down. Don't jump ahead to have fun and never go back or it will come back to haunt you.

ETA: btw, if this question is in regards to something Justin has specifically told you -not- to do, then I would follow that direction. Again I'm real clear what you are asking.

TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk©

Offline Elemeno P

• Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:32:37 am »
I'm not sure what you mean by incorporate early or what context you mean but yes, by all means have fun.

Just be sure you get all your basics down. Don't jump ahead to have fun and never go back or it will come back to haunt you.

ETA: btw, if this question is in regards to something Justin has specifically told you -not- to do, then I would follow that direction. Again I'm real clear what you are asking.

I see where Power Cords are covered in Stage 7, but I was just wondering if it was OK to play around with the Play Along Tracks early in the game. 

Offline TB-AV

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 245
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:35:33 am »
Oh yes, that's fine.

TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk©

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:27:50 pm »
@Elemeno P

totally cool to get into these whenever you like dude, especially if you're into metal - help keep you interested :)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss