Author Topic: Any questions about DVD, Ebook, other formats? Add them here please.  (Read 12994 times)

Offline quahog

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 3
Re: Any questions about DVD, Ebook, other formats? Add them here please.
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2012, 03:35:28 pm »
Hey Justin how is the video going for the beginners songbook? Our internet is so slow I can't watch the course videos

I don't know if Justin's copyright allows it or not but could you save the video and watch it full speed offline?

Offline Nicknits

• Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 02:59:01 am »

You can download it from iTunes iBooks.

I'm unable to locate this ebook on the US iTunes site. I'd love to have a copy and prefer eBook.  Is there some delay or other issue getting availability in the US or am I just missing it in my search?

Offline nbickel

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2012, 09:51:10 pm »
Hello,

I am currently stay in Africa and it is difficult to receive the book. I am wondering why there is no PDF Version of the book available?

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 40
  • Live today as if there's no tomorrow.
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »
Because it's too big a pain in regards to royalties.
Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Offline stevenwill

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 03:53:51 am »
Greetings fellow students.

First let me say how impressed I am by the Justinguitar site, it is great for beginners like me, really has been a great help!.

I am however a bit disappointed with the beginners song book downloadable version. I recently paid for and downloaded this book only to find that it is DRM locked (been learning lots about downloadable books) and using a special type of apple DRM meaning I can only use this on my iPod. I was hoping I could read this on my computer and even print a page while learning a song but to no avail.

Now I know I could just get a ripped version through peer to peer sharing, but as a law abiding citizen I still feel this is morally incorrect, but am still pissed that purchased this and have to now work with Ipod to go through the songs, which means I will have to buy the hard copy anyway to learn the songs. Now I know there is a notice that this is for use with your iPod or other devices but nothing was said about it being drm locked and frankly I feel a bit soured by this experience.

It's such a pity that an otherwise great laid out and stunning site is let down by such small things.

Regards
Steve

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 45
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:23 am »
Annoying for sure, but probably a requirement of the publishing license, so some form of security would be needed for the material.

There's maybe a work-around of the lock if you look on the net. It's possible with music files, so I don't see why not ebooks. I went with the book itself because of the problems of view and printing in ebook format.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 212
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 06:39:17 am »
Get in touch with Jedi who deals with al lthings Customer Service related.
 :)
http://justinguitar.com/en/AA-090-CustomerServices.php

Offline CT_Eagle

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2012, 11:54:57 pm »
Issues like this are why I still buy a physical copy of everything including CDs. I know it is a generational thing (I am 46) but I like knowing that when I buy something I can use it when and where I want. I don't want to have to verify that I have an IPad or some other specific product in order to read a book or listen to a song prior to purchase. GuitarWorld recently lost me as a subscriber becuase it is too much of a hassle to download their instructional videos for each month's magazine. Software copies of music and books are just too restrictive when compared to a physical copy. I imagine someday this will all be worked out but for me, I will keep buying stuff the traditional way.
Guitar - Ibanez GAX70
Amp - Marshall Vintage Modern
Pedals - Maxon OD9, Ibanez AD9, Boss AC2, Boss TU3

Gassing for - Gibson SG Standard

Offline directyourmusic

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 03:12:15 am »
Is there an ETA for when the eBook wil be available on iTunes in the US?

Offline rikwade

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 06:34:38 pm »
I would also like to know when the book should be available in the New Zealand iTunes store. It isn't showing at the moment.

Offline Chantal

• Arena Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 40
  • Live today as if there's no tomorrow.
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:26 am »
It's not available anywhere yet, guys. Excerpt from the January Newsletter:

Quote from: Justin
Still, yes still, waiting on the digital release... only been over a year now... I'm almost at giving up - there is so much bs and politics in publishing you wouldn't believe it. Apparently it will still happen, hopefully in my lifetime, but I'm not holding my breath...
Thank you for the music!

My Roadcase

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2013, 10:54:33 am »
Actually it was out in the US, UK and Australia, but some xx--xx put the editor as the author, so it's been pulled and resubmitted, hopefully back soon. Grrrr.
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss