Author Topic: Love and Levity has awesome E-guitar work!!!  (Read 3013 times)

Offline CambaNation

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Positive Vibrations: 6
Love and Levity has awesome E-guitar work!!!
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:08:11 pm »
I bought the album a few weeks ago and its great! Just wanna say how much I like this song. The solo is incredible too. I like the use of double stops. It's very expressive and melodic. Sounds a little Gilmourish with some of the ending licks sounding like the solo outro for Purple Haze. Great work.The solo blends "awesomely" into the outro accompanying the vocal melody. Reminds me of the strumming guitar in Radiohead and Johnny Greenwood throwing in some great guitar melody lines.  Now if only I was good enough to play in that style  ;)

Btw I dig all the songs. But I love this one  ;D
On acoustic: Crafter DE/7
On electric: Fender 60th Anniv. Strat MIM, Tex Mex PUs (Neck and Mid), SD SSL 3 (Bridge)
Gear: Vox Wah V487, Musket V2 Fuzz, OCD v4, Boss GT-8, Laney Cub12 Head, Behringer 4x12
Playing since 03/08

Offline Adrian C

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: Love and Levity has awesome E-guitar work!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »
I like this song the most and this last version has improved a lot since the first one. Justin was right when he said his vocals got way better :)

Offline m_stal01

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: Love and Levity has awesome E-guitar work!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 02:12:08 pm »
I love this song, too! Justin, I really would like to know how you got that electric guitar sound (for the riffs and the solo). Sounds like Strat with Comp and Delay. Would you tell a little bit about that? I'm really looking for such a sound for one of our band's song.

BTW: Great album, too! :) Love it...