Author Topic: Reviews of Understanding Rhythm Notation Here Please!  (Read 10291 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 109
    • justinguitar.com
Reviews of Understanding Rhythm Notation Here Please!
« on: July 30, 2010, 02:37:08 pm »
So what do you think of it?

Reviews only here please, not questions or comments, just reviews of the contents ;)

Thanks, J.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:55:39 am by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline wingedsheep

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
Re: Reviews of Understanding Rhythm Notation Here Please!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:53:51 am »
I'm still struggling keeping a steady rhythm going, so i think this book will be a great help :) Once i tried it i'll post a quick impression here.

Offline chix2

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Positive Vibrations: 9
    • Loros charity with my song on it
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 12:04:29 pm »
hi this should be in the next post down in the questions one. this post for reveiws only, but yes it will help so will getting rust 1 & 2 if you do not have them, ther highly recomended, an this book will be great assistance too

Offline wingedsheep

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:09:51 am »
I just bought the book and i really like it! Although i already knew the notation the exercises are good for practicing. Its easy to understand and covers a lot of information. I would really recommend this if you try getting rhythm reading down, or try getting better at it.

Offline Evgeny

• Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:33:20 pm »
there are too many mistakes and misprints in the book - in text mainly, i've found only 1 in the exercises so far (i'm on page 34, and there "rests" should be changed to "ties"). it's easy to correct them cuz there is not much text in there. so why not yet? ;)

Offline Chasecar

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:14:22 am »
there are too many mistakes and misprints in the book - in text mainly, i've found only 1 in the exercises so far (i'm on page 34, and there "rests" should be changed to "ties"). it's easy to correct them cuz there is not much text in there. so why not yet? ;)

Interesting.  I had already done the currency conversion to get ready to buy but thought i would check the reviews just for the heck of it and I see this.  With no reply, it was just enough to cast doubt on the purchase.  Any updates?

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:02 pm »
the book is currently under review because we're planning to print it.

I think "too many mistakes and misprints" without examples is a little unfair, it's been proofed and mistakes do sneak through but the other couple of thousand people who bought it never mentioned anything.

It's "easy to correct them" on my computer but time consuming to replace files with the delivery system we use, and I only do it when there have been a few corrections to do.

I found the rest/ties error, perhaps Evgeny can enlighten me on some of the misprints, cos I just read through it and not seeing any more!!

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 01:16:26 pm »
so I just changed the error on p34, and realised why it's not been updated with the new cover... the program I use has updated the fonts it uses and this was written with the old one which doesn't work with the new operating system on my computer!! So when I open it much of the sheet music is a complete mess!!

So it's a couple of days job to fix and I don't have time just now for one spelling error!

Thy will be done when we do the major update pre-printing.

Offline ChrisDitfort

• Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 06:44:49 am »
Hi all,

I have just purchased this book because I liked the content in the sample.

I am new to rhythm guitar and am learning, at the moment I am finding this book very helpful.

I will post a full review once I have studied and read through the book.

Regards,
Chris