Author Topic: The Basics  (Read 14370 times)

Offline Chordial

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: The Basics
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 04:27:16 am »
FYI for others...

I had the same issue of download drop at about 1GB. Flashget v196 solved the download problem like magic. I downloaded v3.5 first and it was all in Chinese and didn't seem to work right. So, I ditched it and went with v.196

For DVD play, I went with Alchohol52%. So far, I have had no issues with play or with the printed materials contained on the DVD files (3 products downloaded).

Time to dive into all the goodies!

All the best,

Chordial

Offline sebas1991

Re: ISO file problem
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 07:33:41 am »
Hello Guys
Well, first of all I want to say that the whole ISO download idea is great. It took me about 5 hours to download the Solo Blues 1 ISO and the DVD worked great (I burned with a MAC freeware program called Burn). The only problem I'm having is that the PDF tab files are not working. The message says they are damaged. Anybody had this problem? Any solutions?  Thanks

Offline tbshaw

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 12:46:10 pm »
Hello Guys
Well, first of all I want to say that the whole ISO download idea is great. It took me about 5 hours to download the Solo Blues 1 ISO and the DVD worked great (I burned with a MAC freeware program called Burn). The only problem I'm having is that the PDF tab files are not working. The message says they are damaged. Anybody had this problem? Any solutions?  Thanks

This is usually the result of an incomplete download, but I assume you have verified 100% dload. Perhaps try a different pdf viewer? Sumatra is sweet, free and fast. No bells and whistles though, just a good viewer for those who don't like to wait 48956093467034 years for Adobe to get loaded ;)

tb
They say "Life is a sh*t sandwich..." They also say "There aint no free lunch in this life..." Does this mean I am actually PAYING for a sh*t sandwich?? Is there an 800 number for They, Inc.? Cuz I wanna refund!!

Offline old-and-in-the-way

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Positive Vibrations: 5
  • That's what I heard him say
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 08:00:00 pm »
Hello Guys

Your Mac should have a utility called 'md5sum'.  You can use this to check that your PDFs are undamaged by comparing the MD5 hash of your files to that of a known-good version of the same file.

You tell md5sum to calculate MD5 hashes of your files by opening a terminal and typing something like this:

Code: [Select]
md5sum /media/cdrom/SB1-[1-3]*.pdf
(Your DVD probably isn't mounted as /media/cdrom, though -- go with what ever is appropriate.  You may even be able to drag and drop the files into the terminal from Finder)

Assuming the ISOs you download are exactly the same as those used to master the physical dvd I bought a few months ago, your md5sums should be:

Code: [Select]
f8f50eaae1b909e490f4432931c6eb69  /media/cdrom/SB1-1-Walkin Easy Blues.pdf
a7563dea6360420cb83d1dee61199efa  /media/cdrom/SB1-2-Steady Thumb Blues.pdf
1e512e1794f99c7381663d27145ec25d  /media/cdrom/SB1-3-Gospel Blues.pdf

(Again, the file names will probably be slightly different for you on account of me not using a Mac)

If those all check out (each file should produce the same number), then your PDFs are fine and the reader is (probably)  misbehaving.

If the numbers are different, then it's possible that the PDFs have been regenerated between my DVD being mastered and the ISO you bought being produced, or it could be that something went wrong with your download and the PDFs really are busted.

HTH

Offline Night Guitarist

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 3
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 10:07:19 pm »
WAIT!
Justing really useful guitar strumming dvd is 10In European so y does it say on the site 30 bucks
can someone explain this to me becuase i really want that dvd! ???

Offline mattywarr

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21:48 am »
The ISO is £10 as you download and write it to DVD yourself but the price for the DVD to be shipped to you is £20/$30

I downloaded the ISO version of RUST II and delighted I did.
Walden D560 Acoustic
Ibanez Talman TCM50E Electro Acoustic
Fender Standard Stratocaster (MIM) Black w/Maple Neck
Vox Valvetronix VT15
My YouTube Channel

Offline BahaDave

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:15 pm »
Hi,

I am interested in the RUST I&II iso but was wondering how iso files as large as 4Go (4.35Go for RUST II) could be burnt on (apparently) a single DVD whose normal capacity is 700Mo...
Does it mean each RUST file will require many DVDs (6 each) to be burnt on ?

Thanks,
PRS Paul Allender
Roland Cube 30X

Offline gryan

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 4
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 08:30:59 pm »
Hi,

I am interested in the RUST I&II iso but was wondering how iso files as large as 4Go (4.35Go for RUST II) could be burnt on (apparently) a single DVD whose normal capacity is 700Mo...
Does it mean each RUST file will require many DVDs (6 each) to be burnt on ?

Thanks,

The capacity of a normal DVD is about 4.7 GB. I think you're thinking of a CD, which is 700-800 MB.

Offline BahaDave

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 09:46:37 pm »

The capacity of a normal DVD is about 4.7 GB. I think you're thinking of a CD, which is 700-800 MB.

Quite right, got confused for a minute especially since a lot of the 'ripped' DVDs out there (torrents) are around 700Mo (for non-BluRay stuff) without noticeable quality loss.

Any chance Justin's lessons could be made available in a less bulky format ? I saw the mv4 download but the page says the image is not good fullscreen on a TV.
PRS Paul Allender
Roland Cube 30X

Offline gryan

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 4
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 11:41:55 pm »

Any chance Justin's lessons could be made available in a less bulky format ? I saw the mv4 download but the page says the image is not good fullscreen on a TV.

My guess on that would be probably not. If you compress the audio and video to decrease the file size, you'll risk losing fidelity, and that means it would look and sound worse in comparison to the original.

If downloading the files isn't possible over your connection, I am sure you could contact Justin/Jedi and arrange for a hard copy to be mailed out.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 10:59:01 am »
good quality = big files.

the m4v are ok on a big screen, but not great.

but you can always buy hard copy!

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Liam

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 03:50:20 am »
Hey guys sorry bout old thread , I was wondering is there a way I can grab the download again , I never seen the part saying don't use Chrome to download and I think my download dropped and only got around 600mb

Really looking forward to get stuck into it loved the first ebook :D

People are like slinkeys..There only fun when you push them down stairs :L

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 212
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 07:21:06 am »
email Justin / Jedi

Offline Liam

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 09:10:04 pm »
i emailed one email address but not sure if it was the right one

People are like slinkeys..There only fun when you push them down stairs :L

Offline jbstudtm

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 07:33:47 am »
how do i actually get it to download in the flashget?  i have the software and its open...but in my IE or Chrome window if i click on it, it still downloads through their clients?