Author Topic: RO-101 • Angus Young (AC/DC) Style Licks  (Read 7315 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 109
    • justinguitar.com
RO-101 • Angus Young (AC/DC) Style Licks
« on: April 17, 2010, 05:54:30 pm »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:45:19 pm by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline rolling56

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
  • Looking for my zigzags
Re: RO-101 • Angus Young (AC/DC) Style Licks
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:21:56 pm »
One question:

Why did you link the lesson to this thread in the forum? http://www.justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=10506.0
"You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If you want the last laugh........join The Rolling Stones"

Offline JosephGrantParkerII

• Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:11:48 pm »
Greetings Justin, Grant here.

I have a big question about a particular technique you use in these licks you showed.  I understand you made a lesson particularly about it but my question is based more in application to the right hand and to these licks particularly.

Angus Young uses lick #1 in many songs and I'm trying to get it down and it's proving to be sort of hard.

My real problem is the ROLL which occurs two times in the lick.  When I try to pick the roll, having to switch strings hinders my picking for some reason.

What can I do to perfect that picking technique?

Maybe I'm doing something that makes it harder for myself, the way I hold the pick particularly?  OR maybe it's my pick size?  The only thing I can think of besides that is that I'm missing something with my technique.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Grant

Offline jorge gutierrez

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:15:17 pm »
When I pick and bend 2nd string, 8th fret, then pick 2nd string, 8th fret, no bending, I mute the 3d string with the thumb of my right hand, but if Im doing a picked reverse bend after bending 2nd string  8th fret I can´t mute the 3d string and it sounds messy. So how should I mute th 3d string here?

Thank u.

Offline XamTheOne

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 04:24:18 am »
When I pick and bend 2nd string, 8th fret, then pick 2nd string, 8th fret, no bending, I mute the 3d string with the thumb of my right hand, but if Im doing a picked reverse bend after bending 2nd string  8th fret I can´t mute the 3d string and it sounds messy. So how should I mute th 3d string here?

Thank u.

You should try using the side of your strumming hand, same technique as when you palm mute.  Generally speaking, you mute the strings closer to you than the string your picking with your strumming hand and the rest with your fretting hand.
Acoustic: Furch D-40, LÂG 200PE
Electric: Schecter C-1 Lady Luck, Fender Telecaster Baja
VOX AC4TV 4W valve amp

Offline schneekoppe

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »
Hi, I just found your page and I really like it. I have one question to these licks: What is the root note to lick 6 ? I try to find where I am within the pentatonic boxes. Thanks !