Author Topic: Timepoints in translations  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Calicifer

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Timepoints in translations
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:03:02 pm »
Hello,

I'm not a translator (yet, so I don't know if it's a new idea), but I had an idea to make the video's easier for people who don't understand english.

If you don't understand english, the video's are hard to follow, even with the translations, because you don't know at what time the right things are said. And the video's are quite long. So my idea is to refer in the translation to the time when it is said (like on youtube).
e.g.
3.36 - (closeup to the hands) "And now let's have a look at..." (only it's translated of course =) )

Hope you like/understand the idea (or even read it XD...)
Hakuna Matata

Offline Calicifer

Re: Timepoints in translations
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 03:25:03 pm »
What I mean is :-\; Maybe it's convenient to make a note of the time at the beginning of each red (or black.. whatever) colored piece of tekst. So one can look certain pieces of the video easier up 8). (Because they're looong :P)

PLEASE COMMENT
Hakuna Matata

Offline bouchermark654

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 12:09:09 am »

Wow..its fantastic...i must say its interesting... :)

stretching exercises

Hello,

I'm not a translator (yet, so I don't know if it's a new idea), but I had an idea to make the video's easier for people who don't understand english.

If you don't understand english, the video's are hard to follow, even with the translations, because you don't know at what time the right things are said. And the video's are quite long. So my idea is to refer in the translation to the time when it is said (like on youtube).
e.g.
3.36 - (closeup to the hands) "And now let's have a look at..." (only it's translated of course =) )

Offline Malicious

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Positive Vibrations: 8
  • Use your ears not your eyes.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:42:08 am »

Wow..its fantastic...i must say its interesting... :)

stretching exercises

Hello,

e.g.

Advertising???

Anyways, OP, I think it could be very useful.

"Black cadillac, alligator boots, money in the pockets of his sharkskin suit"

Offline komani86

• Arena Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 6
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 01:04:44 pm »
Doesnt youtube have captions (subtitles, the CC button)? So if you would make a template with the time (in english) the translators only have to replace the sentences into their language..

I think its not that hard to make a document for each beginner/intermediate video atleast.. takes time though..