Author Topic: Jimi Hendrix style  (Read 2356 times)

Offline plukey

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
Jimi Hendrix style
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:18:42 pm »
Justin said this would be easier than chuck berry, how right he was. I just did it in 45 mins. Get. In.
Got most of it right too, allowing for some 'right note, wrong place' stuff. All I need to do now is learn how to play the faster parts. That could take a while.
The next hardest bit for me I think is the bit where there is a bend on 2nd string followed by the same fret 1st string (12th fret). I know it sounds simple, but I can never decide if things like that should be played with the side of the bending finger (which I have tried and it sounds a bit naff!), or if I should try and sneak aanother finger in for the first string note. Which I find difficult due to fat fingers! Any advice would be most welcome.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Jimi Hendrix style
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:05:30 am »
well done dude.

sneak another finger in there, definitely don't be trying to use the same finger you bend with!!!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline stratogrrl

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:38:37 pm »
I'm having fun with this one, but the sustained up and down bending of the 2nd string at the 12th and 13th bar are giving me a fit  :(

When I bend it up my fingers touch the 3rd string and I can't release it fully without it making a noise. Justin plays it so smooth on the recording that it sounds like a whammy bar.

Any tips to playing that part properly?

Thanks,
Jen
Peanut Butter Pudding Surprise

Offline Dynamite

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
  • Hakuna matata!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:36:11 am »
@stratogrrl: Buddy first master the bending technique from intermediate course and learn all 5 positions from the blues lead section with licks. Then you will enjoy cracking jimi hendrix solos. :)
DYN@MITE