Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 208615 times)

Offline stephentc7

• Positive Vibrations: 0
    • Perfect guitar solo
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #1890 on: November 07, 2012, 07:36:56 pm »
I am also new to this site. It looks very exciting. I am a violinist, but I wanted to learn another instrument, so I chose the guitar. I believe this forum will help me to be a better guitarist. Thank you very much everyone.

Offline tbaac

• School Prom Hero
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #1891 on: November 07, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »
Just to add my thanks as well.  I'm a beginner, and have been trying for years.  Justin's beginner lessons actually seemed to work for me (very early stages but at least I'm not still on the 1st page....).  Thanks very much Justin.  Thanks also to the mods on the board and to the rest of the community.

I ordered the Songbook today   :)

Offline JoJo

« Reply #1892 on: November 10, 2012, 11:27:50 am »
Hi Justin,  I've just started (finally after years of saying that I would) learning to play the guitar and stumbled across your website.  Well, I must say how fantastic it is, if only I found it a couple of months ago as I've been surfing the net collating data pertaining to learning the basic of guitar (from lots of different sites) only to find that you have it all on one site!.  Would've saved me so much time. Anyway, so glad I have found it now. And that 'A' chord!  Trying to change my method (from the traditional fingering) is very difficult. 

anyway, I think you are wonderful doing this and will indeed be donating in line with my practice schedule.  Actually, we could all do this...as we attain a certain level...give a donation......this seems fair...what do you other guys reckon?

Offline Bluedemon1999

« Reply #1893 on: November 13, 2012, 03:23:50 am »
Justin, really a great service for us looking to learn guitar!  I have been playing for years but never seemed to get any better.  I always just played what I knew and hesitated to learn new stuff because I couldn't get it immediately :-\. Now, trying to start over, the simple things seem difficult because I have done them wrong for so long.  I am excited to begin doing things properly with good instruction.  It sure makes a difference and I can envision the method to the madness.  I look forward to sticking with it and improving.  You have a great presentation, glad I got the DVDs.  Good job, keep it going.  Thanks, hope you are getting RICH!

Bluedemon1999
Taylor 110 Acoustic
Danelectro Dan O Blaster electric (no idea what I'm doing with the amp :) )
Michigan, USA

Offline PhilRogers

« Reply #1894 on: November 14, 2012, 11:35:32 pm »
Hi Justin and thanks for all those excellent, free tutorial videos.  Your approach to learning and your presentation are fantastic.

My local music school (ACMR in Bournemouth) recently decided to do some new evening courses for adults, offering Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced, so I signed up for Beginner.  Sadly, I was the only Beginner so I was lumped in with the Intermediates, which has made it pretty tough going.  They kind of expect everyone to be able to pick up a chord instantly play them perfectly and change quickly to other chords, because most of them can.  Not good for a complete beginner.
So I searched for some online help and found your videos, which have truly helped me keep up with the other guys in the group.

I really appreciate what you're doing for the guitar-playing community.  I know you could easily charge vast sums of money for your videos, but you don't.  Keep up the good work.

Phil Rogers

Offline mipooh

« Reply #1895 on: November 15, 2012, 10:57:10 am »
Hi Justin,

today I got the "full package" (and the T-shirt). I had been thinking (at least) twice before I ordered it.
But when I thought about it I found, that a real teacher would cost me the same amount of money for one hour a week in about 4 to 6 months.
The other thing I was thinking about, do I need beginners lessons? I am 59 and I play guitar since I was 17. Not all the time, but about half of the time. I had some teachers, I think three, but every time for only a few months and sometimes that was too little for me, sometimes a bit too much. All the time I wished I could play much better than I do. So I realize, I would have to learn the whole thing and not only play what I already can.
I am not too proud to look at the beginners section. How could basics be irrelevant...?
And of course I use other sections as well. But I understand I have to be clear about the basics.

So, I am really glad to have so much to do now, working with all of the lessons and believing that this huge amount of teaching material will really help me to become as familiar with my guitars as I always wished to be.

I cannot tell, how much I appreciate your effort, so I have to say thank you.

Offline Mothermercury30

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #1896 on: November 16, 2012, 12:40:46 pm »
Hey Justin

I just wanted to say thanks for starting this whole site off; I've been dabbling with the guitar for years, but your method of teaching makes me hungry for learning, and gives me the motivation to go back to the basics and get the things right that I've been putting off for a hell of a long time.

Just to say- I do NOT consider this site free; I'm not flush at the moment, but I'll make a commitment here and now- when I can, I will make a reasonable contribution to your tuition.

I hope that our paths cross some day! :D

Offline celtic nomad

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
« Reply #1897 on: November 19, 2012, 11:44:09 am »
Hi,would just like to say a big thanks to Justin, i am 55. and this is the third time in my life i have tried to learn guitar,i have always said i have a big mental block trying to see through music,as much as i've always loved it, the last time i tried to play was 15 years ago,with no success i'm afraid.Anyway, this time i have learned 3 chords, a,d,e, and playing 3 little birds at the moment, chord changes are up to 60 per minute, although  i'd say only  about three quarters are clean at moment. i have just bought the Justin guitar song book,and once again ,a very,very big thank you to Justin, regards, Mark  :)

Offline Gdog

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #1898 on: November 22, 2012, 03:31:40 am »
Glenda from Va Beach is thankful to have found your 3 Little Birds video on YouTube this summer. 0n stage 3 now and progressing. Thank you Justin for your detail videos. My songbook is on preorder and cant wait to get it.

Offline Micro

« Reply #1899 on: November 23, 2012, 01:09:11 am »
Hello Justin

Thank you for sharing your talent freely in an encouraging way!  At age 58 I decided I was old enough to learn to play guitar.  Your site has been very helpful to me as it has literally taken me by the hand and placed my fingers on the right fret and right string.  Your way of teaching is to be commended as it helps new students of whatever age realize that you have to crawl before you can walk and that it is ok to fall some when you first start walking.  The free lessons on your site allowed me to explore something dormant inside of me, now the incubation belongs to me.  Today I felt confident enough in my determination to continue learning with you as a coach that I purchased the beginner package.  Can't wait for it to arrive.  Your giving of your time and talent to enrich and help the lives of others is truly commendable.  Thank you for the free lesson part of your site, I am sure that it has and wil continue to help many on their quest of music self enlightenment. 

Mike

Offline DaveTheWave81

« Reply #1900 on: November 27, 2012, 01:00:23 am »
Thank you Justin for using your talents and this website to help others learn guitar. I have not touched one for over 30 years and have forgotten nearly everything. Your lessons that I've studied so far are very well put together and you explain things very clearly. I made a small contribution but hope to give more as I move along.

To everyone else, greetings and I'm very glad to be here  :)

Dave "The Wave"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:19:26 am by DaveTheWave81 »
Guitar: Ibanez RX 240
Amp: Fender Music Master Bass

Offline RC

« Reply #1901 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:31 am »
Hey I just want to say thanks i am a new to this stuff and just started to play the guitar,your site has been a big help !!! Thanks again !!!

Offline Oldboybob

« Reply #1902 on: November 27, 2012, 05:42:47 pm »
I have been using your videos for a while now and I am awaiting delivery of your acoustic songbook, many thanks for your online lessons they have helped me a lot, easily the best tutor on the net in my opinion! thanks again.

Offline mvsopen

« Reply #1903 on: November 28, 2012, 04:08:49 am »
This is my first post. I've supported this site a few times in the past, just because I am such a huge fan of Justin's free approach to sharing his knowledge.  Today, I bought and downloaded the 4 CD's for the beginner course, so my formal guitar education starts tomorrow!

-mvs

p.s. "MagicISO" enables anyone to mount and play the .ISO disk image using the Windows Media Center player. Best of all, it is free!

Offline Ollimac73

« Reply #1904 on: November 28, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »
40 years old, and finally fullfilling one of my dream, learning to play music, learning guitar....of course, scared about it, I was super lucky to find Justin and his website.... one word: FANTASTIC.

A huge huge Thank You to him and his mates.  Wonderful Job, putting many smiles on people face.