Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 194655 times)

Offline qarion

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #1695 on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:43 am »
Hey Justin
Been at least a three years since I discovered this place, what you're doing is amazing. Thanks, really.

Peace

q, Italy

Offline 7255carl

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
« Reply #1696 on: February 08, 2012, 12:51:12 pm »
Hi,

this is my first post here after a few months of looking around, i am currently at stage three, and all i can say is that the site and all the lessons are awesome, and to do it all on an honour basis is just incredible, i have just ordered the beginners song book and cant wait for it to arrive, keep up the great work

Thanks

Carl

Offline JSPR_G

« Reply #1697 on: February 08, 2012, 06:47:08 pm »
Hi!
First of all: you are awesome!
I'm still in stage 1, doing tons of 1 minute changes. My fingers hurt like hell, can't wait till I can play half an hour without pauze. :P
But your lessons are great, the way you talk to the camera is amazing. You really feel like a real personal teacher, you know. :P I played the violin for like 7-8 years, but guitar is way more awesome. I regret that I stopped with that, losing all my skills.
But now I feel guitar is the perfect instrument for me. I love bands like The Ocean, AmenRa, Cult Of Luna, etc. and to be able to play some of those riffs will be more than awesome :D
You make my dream come true, man. Respect for everything you do!
I bought your Beginners Songbook. If I didn't spend all my budget on my translucent blue Epiphone Les Paul Standard and accessories, I'd buy every book and dvd you sell.. But I'll probably buy some more stuff in the future. :)

Keep up the good work Justin and everyone else who makes this project possible!

Offline southguy69

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #1698 on: February 09, 2012, 09:13:22 pm »
 :)
Hi Justin, thanks for helping this born again plucker to learn the guitar. I have tried to buy a few of your books and t-shirts over the years. I must have recommended this site to hundreds of new players! Thanks again!
Dom
ps - was looking on the forum and couldn't find a place to post a question to other members? I wanted to ask for ideas of a song list (have a beach party arranged for the summer and it will be my first public playing so need so good, easy to play and sing, songs for British summer time on Brighton beach) - Dom

Offline Bootstrap

• Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 63
  • Never yield.
    • The Tale Of Bootstrap
« Reply #1699 on: February 09, 2012, 09:22:46 pm »
Dom - just pop it in the "Just Chatting" section.

http://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?board=14.0

The best guitar is the one you have in your hands
Road Case last update 11 Mar 2012

Offline freakystyley

« Reply #1700 on: February 14, 2012, 10:06:16 am »
Hey!
I've been learning guitar for around 1.5 years now, but it freaked me out that I could play only stuff written by others and couldn't extract my own. I tried to realize how to play something of your own but nothing good came out. Tried it with the scales and so on but I just couldn't get it.
I started learning with your Blues Lead Guitar course around a week ago and it really gave me a push forward, first I played some dirty solos but nonetheless with a bit of melody in it, and now I kinda tried to make it smooth and listen and it just came out really nice! Nothing great, but I'm really so excited that finally something good came out of me that I'm literally jumping round my room now, lol!
I can't make a donation cause I'm a little bit too young so I thought I'm obliged to at least say thank you!
I'll keep practising hard to develop. I just feel I'm on the right way with your lessons, thank you so much!

- from Ukraine.

Offline Tammieuk1

« Reply #1701 on: February 17, 2012, 12:41:10 am »
Hi Justin

Just want to say a big mahoosivveeeeee thank you for the dedication, your love of music and your special skills you share with us all, your a fabulous teacher.

I started playing acoustic guitar about 20 yrs ago with friends, that's how i learnt but soon got bored, I could play ok nothing special, and when bordom set in I would sell my guitars then buy another one when i fancied playing again this went on for years.

I have over the years looked at lots of sites for inspiration but never really found anything until i found your site about a month ago.  I have learnt more from your site in a month than i have in all the years of getting by, I am actually proud to say i can now play some decent songs with the skills i have learnt and they dont sound bad either lol.

What you give to all us humble people out here is just pure magic and a belief in our own abilities, please keep doing what you do best.

Kindest regards
Tammie

PS fab Ustream tonight and i cant believe u replied to me x

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:25:59 pm by Tammieuk1 »

Offline Matthew_Hall

« Reply #1702 on: February 18, 2012, 04:30:00 pm »
I didnt know were i post this but as this is the place you say thank you to justin i through i would be a good place to post it.

Just to let justin know and everyone who use's the Justin Guitar website that it is 3rd in the Top 10 Free Guitar Lesson Sites

http://www.the-joy-of-guitar.com/top10freeguitarlessonsites.html

:D congratulations :D

Offline SurfinTom

« Reply #1703 on: February 19, 2012, 09:30:04 pm »
Hi Justin,
I just want to say thank you for your great site and your amazing work!
I play guitar since about 30 years but I never was too ambitious and the level of my playing stagnated for the last 15 years or so.
Just last year I decided to improve my skills and learn a few more tricks. Finding your site was the best thing that could happen to me.
Unfortunately 5 weeks ago I broke my left arm. (Playing lefthand the left is my picking hand.)
Nevertheless, as soon as the cast came off I was back at playing guitar. I still don't have the full mobility of my arm, and strumming and faster picking is still painful. So meanwhile I bought your Really useful Blues Solos to come back to transcribing. (When I taught myself to play guitar 30 years ago, this is how I learned, by listening to songs and trying to figure out how it's done.) These days it's sooo convenient, finding tabs for every songs ever made on the internet. But how much better do you feel when you figure out by yourself how a song is played!
Great Work!
Thanks again, Justin! :)

Tom

Offline mali

• School Prom Hero
« Reply #1704 on: February 22, 2012, 07:56:09 am »
I just wanted to drop in to say thanks! I really enjoy how relaxed and informal the lessons are. And also that the songs have several alternatives, from "if you're a beginner, just do it like this, if you want more challenge, do this too".

It's obvious that you love to play, keep up the good work!  ;D

Offline Stratmantoo

« Reply #1705 on: February 22, 2012, 02:02:51 pm »
Hi Justin,

What a great site!  I have been playing rhythm guitar for some time but now want to tackle lead guitar.  I am learning, on my own, the Pentatonic scale and practicing the patterns over and over.  But the question to myself has been what next?  I just watched your Blues Lead Guitar Lesson BL-011 and got my answer!  Your analogy to learning a language is excellent!  Now I know not only what comes next but how what I am currently learning fits into my ultimate goal.

Thank you,
Dick

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #1706 on: February 25, 2012, 08:54:42 am »
Thank you everyone for all the great vibes :) really heart warming!

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Chookbilly

« Reply #1707 on: February 26, 2012, 11:38:52 am »
Thank you so much Justin!
To be able to play guitar is something I thought was impossible until now.

Years ago, I attempted to teach myself using youtube clips, tab books and friends advice.
I gave up thinking it was all too hard, and that I was the problem.

Turns out all I needed was structure, a good teacher, and practice.

It's now been 2 weeks since I stumbled across your website and started playing.
I'm beginning stage 4 now, and I still cannot believe how quickly I've progressed.
I cannot believe that it's me playing the guitar! It's actually my fingers making those beautiful sounds!

Anyway thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I have just purchased the beginners songbook, and made a donation to your site.
I will continue to donate as I continue to progress. Worth every cent. Cheers

Andrew

Offline forexjohnny

« Reply #1708 on: February 27, 2012, 05:24:10 am »
Hi Justin,

Like everyone else here, I would like to show my appreciation for your time and effort in making your guitar courses available and amazingly free. I have been playing and using your course now for about a month and like so many others, have found it very beneficial. Your course is beyond any monetary value to me as it gives me the ability to now play my own music. I purchased everything you have produced as a complete package for the paltry sum of $320AUD delivered to my door. I live in rural Western Australia and the package was delivered today only 6 working days from my order. Very impressed. I know this is only a minor contribution and I get sooooo much for the money so I hope it helps. Makes me feel good as well to know that those that cannot afford it can still learn. What a great way to do business. I like to only spend my money on good value and this course along with my new Taylor are some of the best money I have ever spent.
Well that’s enough from me….back to my lessons. The teacher gets real grumpy if I slack off too much  ;D

John

Offline n9wo83

« Reply #1709 on: February 28, 2012, 02:06:41 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks heaps Justin!

My Dad bought me my first guitar last Wednesday and after hours of trawling through youtube videos and the garage band lessons on my mac I was getting really frustrated that I wasn't getting it!  I found your website yesterday, started the beginners course and have so far progressed as far as the 1 minute chord changes.  I can't wait until I can play along with some of the songs and with your teaching method I can't imagine it'll be that long! When I can I'll definitely buy my first song book from you. 

Thanks Justin, you're a genius!!!   ;D