Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 203177 times)

Offline Bogulbrown

• Positive Vibrations: 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #600 on: September 30, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »
Justin, thanks for the Guns N Roses Patience videos, awesome piece of music.  Was meaning to write to ask you if you could put a video together on it and you beat me to it.  I've been working on that piece myself for a while and your tips bring it together nicely.   That will keep me occupied for a while.....magic thanks

Cool right hand picking, the wife is not going to speak to me now as I'll be buried in the dining room practising all hours  ;D

Ian
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:48:09 pm by Bogulbrown »
Rock On

Offline paddle

« Reply #601 on: September 30, 2009, 09:43:47 pm »
Hey I just wanted to be another one expressing my gratitude. Definitely felt I owed a word of thanks after all the help you've provided without you knowing it. I've spent quite a few hours studying your clips an i just want to say thanks for helping me in my pursuit. I wish I wasn't a poor student, but perhaps I'll find the right address for my donation when I'll be touring for big money :D

Funny bit your Guitar selection intro; I don't know whether you picked that "three knobs and the truth" from Rattle & Hum or not, just wanted to share that it's a magical album, an I'm delighted if you seen it and perhaps share the view.

Offline Rniss

« Reply #602 on: September 30, 2009, 11:08:36 pm »
Big thanks from a complete beginner!! Recently I've inherited my mom's old guitar, which hasn't been played in 30 years. I didn't really know what to do with it but, since I have it, I got some new strings and a tuner and set it up. My problem was I knew nothing about guitar playing, and this site has helped me a lot! I've been going through the beginner course and I've achieved in one week way more than I expected. Your lessons are just great, everything seems easy and your tips are really helpful! I'm really, really grateful, after all, I might be able to play this old thing I have!

Keep it up, you're great!

Offline guitarintermediate13

« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2009, 08:41:51 am »
 hi justin
your site and videos are great and you have helped me so much to play some of my favourite songs
thanks so much, max brown :)

Offline kAnGArUaN

« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2009, 04:04:52 pm »
Hey Justin,Thanks what you do man i cant sy how much i appreciate it and you do so much for so little in return.Youve spent so much time doing all these lessons,books and dvds when you could have practiced your chops.Your a legend,if i say whos my guitar hero i say you,not joe satriani or steve vai(although i do love how they play),i say you because you spend so much time on us guitarists looking for answers and help and that is what i like a real down to earth guy :)
cant wait till you album comes out id go and buy it the day its released!!

Thanks for everything you do and keep doing it ;-)
From Ruan in Australia

Offline Slayblaze

• Bedroom Rocker
« Reply #605 on: October 03, 2009, 12:13:00 am »
Hi Justin - I'm a longtime lurker, firstime poster just as I'm sure there are many others out there that love your lessons and guides yet never actually register in the forum. Thanks to the tweets about the weekly "Tonight Show" I was able to catch the last two of them (including today's) and they are almost as much fun as your video lessons...

Thanks for everything you are doing and continued success, you deserve it bigtime!
...Each anothers audience, outside the gilded cage

Offline timmehtizzle

« Reply #606 on: October 06, 2009, 06:09:58 am »
Hi Justin just wanted to say thanks for making all of your videos for the public to watch. I am trying to learn how to play a guitar and your beginner's lesson is great! My fingers hurt, but I am learning! Thanks again!

Offline routerbooter

• Pub Night Playa
  • Positive Vibrations: 2
« Reply #607 on: October 06, 2009, 01:27:04 pm »
It occurs to me that I've been part of this forum for some time now and have not come here to add my thanks to these others.

Thank you Justin, because without your site and the community around it I might well have been tempted to give up.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Epiphone G400 1966 reissue, Vox VT-30, Takamine EG260C Acoustic, Cowbell.

Offline Grimm

• Music is what feelings sound like.
« Reply #608 on: October 06, 2009, 02:05:34 pm »
Big thank you from the Netherlands!! Great teaching, great content and good vibes!
Gibson SG '61 Reissue, Gibson SG Special Faded Brown,Yamaha APX 6A, Bogner Alchemist 112, POD XT, Mbox 2, Pro Tools LE, Sure SM 58, AKG Perception 120, Evolution MK-425, M-Audio Studiophile BX5a Deluxe.

Offline crotty

« Reply #609 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:48 am »
Would like to say thanks for all your efforts, i am really enjoying your new section of you teaching songs. I've been playing a while but don't have anyone to learn stuff from and felt progression was going OK but slowly, now i have started learning some songs from you my whole playing feels like it's moved on, especially my strumming/rhythm.
I see your a climber, I'll look out for you at the crag if you ever get time to get out, you sound pretty busy.
Cheers Justin, keep adding some good acoustic (love in vain, rolling stones), thanks man, take it steady.

Offline kutya

« Reply #610 on: October 07, 2009, 11:32:36 am »
Justin, thank you for all the lessons you made :)

I'm trying to play guitar for a couple of years, with long pauses. I knew I needed focus on what to practice next. Read many books and watched many video tutorials, but nothing comes even close to as how your extended beginners course helped me. I was familiar with some things, but strumming is THEN and NOW. Many times while I'm strumming without a problem, even a bit more complex pattern, I'm thinking "wow, I'm actually doing this!". I don't want to exagerate because I played a bit before (guitar recently and violin when I was a kid), but I started your lessons about six weeks ago and comprehended almost all of the beginners lessons. Simply amazing!

Eternal gratitude...

(*went watching the blues lead guitar lessons*)

Offline kekooo

« Reply #611 on: October 07, 2009, 05:03:45 pm »
Thank U justin ,i'd never liked playing guitar in all my life
but when i saw this website !!! waw it's really amazing and fabulous work
U really made me love playing guitar
thx alot mate  :D

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Positive Vibrations: 108
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #612 on: October 07, 2009, 05:54:27 pm »
Hey everyone

Just a quick thank you for the thank you's :)

It really is very touching and I get quite emotional reading some of the posts.

I'm really happy to be able to help you all, music has given me so much that it is cool to be able to give some of that joy back!

Take care and your thanks is much appreciated :)

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline pickr

« Reply #613 on: October 07, 2009, 07:16:16 pm »
Hi, Justin, from the US.  I just discovered your incredible site and made a donation.  You've got it together young man, keep up the great work, both with and without the guitar!

Sam Johnson

Offline ziooleck

• Positive Vibrations: 1
« Reply #614 on: October 08, 2009, 11:52:25 am »
What's up, Justin:)

I just want to say thanks for your awesome work and brilliant website. Great lessons, great vids and great advices. In fact, you're one from three persons whose inspires me in my musical education. Thanks once again,

Michael, Poland